I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I just throw out that one thing I love about this thread is that no one tell's anyone else they are wrong for liking any of the hotels? So often on other threads it feels like people want to jump you if you don't stay Deluxe Club Level every trip :confused3 or one hotel is better than another NO MATTER WHAT AND YOU ARE WRONG IF YOU DISAGREE!!

We are Pop fans but biased as it's the first place we stayed (also, I always wanted to stay at one of the All Star resorts for the large Disney figures when I was growing up, and we've always been in the 50s section so I get that with the Lady and the Tramp figures, which is one of my favorite movies :)). But we've also loved all of our Swolphin stays, and would probably pay cash OOP over Disney deluxe if the rate was right (vs Disney hotels). We don't spend much time in the room anyways and I think we'd be bad at hanging around enjoying the deluxe hotels unless we didn't have park tickets :rotfl:

I pretty much stick to this and the ABD threads. I can’t imagine why anyone would think they have the right to bash someone else’s choices and rain on their parade. That’s just plain rude. My own choices for a hotel stay vary drastically from one end of the spectrum to another, both in and out of Disney trips. I’d be insulted if someone went out of their way to trash my hotel choice.

Hit my MS for both my Sapphire Preferred and my AA Advantage. I will never double up getting cards again. I've basically lived on both cards (food, gas, bills, ect) and paying them off every payday.
I used my Sapphire exclusively during our trip to WDW/Universal this past week with the band.

Get the email from AmEx saying I'll get my free night cert soon and I'm all like
raw

8 weeks later.....

finncattyfingers.gif

What the Hades AmEx? Apparently I should have booked it on a points advance while it was still an option. I have the points but not enough for this one night and the 5 nights worth I want to transfer. Guess I'll have to transfer, and then points advance if the cert still isn't here. Grr.
Are you looking for a free night for Hilton or for Marriott? I never received the email with my Hilton weekend certificate, but it showed up in AmEx dashboard. Over on the right, under my Hilton points total, is a link to view free weekend night rewards. There might be something similar for Marriott.

MMS is shilling the Bonvoy Biz HARD even after the welcome offer dropped from 100k to only 75k Marriott points.

- "3 of our team members are seriously considering getting [it] — and our senior editor [] already has the card."

Wondering why they haven't already jumped on this card (and its previous iteration) when the welcome offers were much better, like at 100k Marriott points or 35k Starpoints (105k Marriott points). Or when the first year AF was waived and they could've locked in a lower $95 second year AF?

MMS asks, Is the Marriott Bonvoy Business Credit Card worth it?

- "Every year when you renew your credit card, you’ll receive a free night at Marriott hotels that cost 35,000 points or less.... You can easily receive more from this single benefit than you’ll pay in the card’s annual fee. Most hotels cost more than $125 per night, after all!"

Ok, fair enough. But MMS fails to point out that you'll be paying two $125 AFs in order to get that 35k FN cert, since Amex increased the Bonvoy Biz's AF and no longer waives the first year AF as of March. And Amex will not post your 35k FN cert until 6 or more weeks after your AF is due, making it impossible to pocket the cert and cancel the card for a refund of the AF.

So in addition to going for a lower signup bonus, you'll also now have to pay the increased AF twice to get that FN.

- "A Better Hotel Experience [with] automatic Silver Marriott Bonvoy elite status."

:rotfl2: Good thing this is in writing, because I don't think anyone can convincing say Silver Bonbon status is worth anything with a straight face.

- "The Marriott Bonvoy Business Credit Card comes with 15 elite night credits each year."

Yeah, but MMS doesn't tell you that if you have any of Marriott's other cards, you already get this and the nights don't stack up.

- "Three of us on the team plan to apply for the card."

Really? Even when the welcome offer is only 75k points? Where were you guys last week? or better yet, two months ago?

- "Signing-up for credit cards through partner links earns us a commission."

tenor.gif

Here’s Why 3 of Our Team Members Are Seriously Considering Getting the Marriott Bonvoy Business Credit Card — and Why Our Senior Editor Already Has It! - MMS
I started out with MMS - that's how I got my first CP but wow it's amazing looking back at how bad they were shills just hocking whatever card made them the most money!

I fell back to 4/24 on April 26, so I applied for a CIC this morning. I waited about an hour to make sure my application had made its way into the system and then called the status line. It was saying two weeks, which I took as a good sign, but I figured the fraud alert on my credit report would need to be dealt with, so I decided to talk to a person. Total waste of time, lol. The guy was basically like I don't see anything on your application that needs follow-up (with a tone that kind of said, "why are you bothering me?"). I did confirm they will call me if the fraud alert becomes an issue. I *might* have checked the status line a couple of more times since then, and it still says two weeks. It's been over 6 months since my last Chase app, so I'm cautiously optimistic about approval. The only thing giving me pause is the potential effect of the fraud alert. Also, I decided on the CIC because I really want one in my own name in case Chase nixes household transfers (DH is the one with the CIC now). This card is a great UR earner for us. I also wanted the 50k bonus instead of just waiting to product change my CIP. I also didn't want to risk a Chase shutdown by going for CIP #2. I'm willing to chance a shutdown for DH, lol, but not for me given I have the bulk of our UR earning cards (and I was anticipating eyes on my account if I had to verify identity, etc. due to the fraud alert). If the multiple CIP loophole is still open, I might consider going for another CIP once I close mine in another 6 months or so after hitting the 1-year anniversary. Seems easier to play dumb about bonus eligibility and card rules without an open CIP sitting in my account.
Congrats on getting back under 5/24!!! I hope that approval comes through soon for you!

Finally got my ears done today! I learned not to sew them to the fabric covering the headband because it makes it too hard and doesn't make them stand up any better. No idea how the Disney one's stand up since they are sewn into the headband cover. As much as I'm not a huge fan of hot glue, it's definitely the way to go for making ears.

hLQrmWKm.jpg

Back of CoP

ZKy1oR2m.jpg

qKem1kAm.jpg

ETA made the pics smaller

Hit my MS for both my Sapphire Preferred and my AA Advantage. I will never double up getting cards again. I've basically lived on both cards (food, gas, bills, ect) and paying them off every payday.
I used my Sapphire exclusively during our trip to WDW/Universal this past week with the band.

Meanwhile...elsewhere in DISchurner land...
...I updated my spreadsheet and it is nice to be off of tracking 6 MSRs at once. Down to just 2 now! March/April was a bit crazy for my preferences...

And then there's @speedyfishy with like 10+ cards in a month... :faint:
Here, is my churning haul for the month of April:

Amex Plum Card self referral bonus (20,000 MR)

Amex Plum Card self referral Bonus (20,000 MR)

1 Money Order with Ebates credit card ($20)

Citi Card 75,000 AA points

Citi Card 60,000 AA Points (plus $160 AA gift card)

Amex Green Card (referral bonus 20,000 MR)

60,000 Hyatt Points

20,000 Southwest Points

Companion Pass

$150 Amazon card from the Amazon Amex Biz card (SO got this in December they cancelled it, we went for it again and he got the bonus again)

15,000 MR Green Bonus

62,000 Delta (SO's Delta Gold bonus)

$45 Delta Giftcard (Delta Gold Bonus)

Delta Gold referral (15,000 MR)

Delta Plat referral (15,000 MR)

TD Bank ($200 cash back)

PNC ($100 cashback)

Delta giftcard ($45)

Delta giftcard ($90)

62,000 Delta Miles (My Delta Gold)

73,000 Delta Miles (My Delta Plat)

total-

Cash-615

Southwest miles-20,000

Hyatt-60,000

Delta-197,000

MR-105,000

American Airlines-135,000

Total value if assuming 1.0 cpp= $5,785

We all have our own pace in this game LOL!! :tiptoe: vs. :car: and everything in between :)

Last edited:
Finally got my ears done today! I learned not to sew them to the fabric covering the headband because it makes it too hard and doesn't make them stand up any better. No idea how the Disney one's stand up since they are sewn into the headband cover. As much as I'm not a huge fan of hot glue, it's definitely the way to go for making ears.

hLQrmWKm.jpg

Back of CoP

ZKy1oR2m.jpg

qKem1kAm.jpg

These are adorable!

The world of MS is secretive, in part because it's so hyperlocal and YMMV. A lot of what works and what doesn't is done through trial and error, and for a lot of people having put in that legwork themselves, they don't want to share it and they want you to figure it out for yourself. No one wants to burn their sweet spots by posting it all over the internet.

That said, I don't want any of you to lose your usual spots, so we should probably move MS discussions to DISchurners, where we already have a MS Discussion Thread.
First rule of Fight Club, there is no Fight Club.

@afan those ears are adorable! You're so talented! Have fun wearing them. :goodvibes

DH says the best public HS are in Charleston, SC, any truth to that @disneymagicgirl?

I take any list from USNews with a HUGE grain of salt. They stopped being a reputable news magazine years ago and now just try to make money by making lists and changing things up each year.

@afan those ears are adorable! You're so talented! Have fun wearing them. :goodvibes

I take any list from USNews with a HUGE grain of salt. They stopped being a reputable news magazine years ago and now just try to make money by making lists and changing things up each year.
Yeah, it looks like the top ones are magnet and charter schools which get to select their student body rather just a regular public school. Kind of deceiving.

hLQrmWKm.jpg

Back of CoP

ZKy1oR2m.jpg

qKem1kAm.jpg

New Biz?

So exciting!! Can't wait for the pics. And I had the exact same thought upon finding out that there will be no cell or Internet service at any of our safari camps in Botswana (about 9 nights): OMG, how many pages of the credit card thread am I going to have to catch up on when I get back????? I might even have had that thought before the one about this circumstance forcing me to really disconnect from work for the first time in forever.

In some ways getting away from the "white noise" is nice, but 21 days of catch up is going to be brutal. I may need to rely on the weekly updates :) Hopefully I will have some connectivity, but I'm also worried about GOT spoilers if I do check in :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter