I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so Fidelity is interesting. I just logged in to check it out and they didn't report it on mine either :confused3 It's listed as Misc Income in the YTD Tax summary page for that account but when I download the combined 1099 only the pennies of interest are listed in the 1099-INT section and the 1099-MISC is blank. I get that both amounts are under de minimis for the respective forms but why include the pennies of interest and not the bonus?

I don't get it either. I'm just going to keep an eye on it until I file. I mean, all the better if I don't have to claim it...

@wendow ---the Citi website used to make me :furious:. To make my life easier I downloaded their app and was able to photograph my card and now do anything with my (one) Citi card on my app. It works well, surprisingly. Maybe that can be an option?

Well - heading to bed shortly for our “last sleep” before WDW. I have been a little quiet the last few days on the thread...surprisingly I was very busy with work haha. I’m trying to hit my goal by March this year and just take the rest of the year off ;) :rotfl2: LOL!

I will try to keep up with the thread in the evening next week! Hope everybody has a great week! And for all of those heading to the world - hopefully the weather can be a little better than predicted. We packed a bunch of layers and are going to have a great trip regardless.

Also - say a prayer for my wife. Her flight anxiety is on full tilt today but she’s coming tomorrow. It’s so difficult to see somebody you love struggle like this. I hope we have a quick smooth flight for her sake.

Today was a trying day. I have to just have a lot of patience, I know when she's having a moment that it will pass. She was not coming, then coming, then not coming, then coming today. I just have to remain supportive and keep any anger or frustration to myself to help her. I'm so happy to finally be excited about the trip though when we packed at 8pm!

Prayers and pixie dust for Mrs. SouthFayetteFan. While I don't have an issue flying, I do have issues and irrational fears about going into the ocean and that totally sounds like me. I'm going to go and try up to my knees. Then, I'm paralyzed with fear and can't do it. Over and over again. The Maldives trip will be interesting. PlanePrincess says he's going snorkeling and I swing back and forth from, ok I will try too and OMG NO! Please don't do that because you are going to die. I try not to think about it too much because the terror and anxiety are exhausting. I truly want to see a whale shark but the idea of getting in the ocean in deep water puts me into a panic. I have no idea what will happen once we get there but I do know there will be a chaos of tears, begging, pleading, and constant changing of what I will or won't do. I am grateful for the patience and support while I swing a pendulum of yes, I will and no I won't, go ahead without me and please don't go. Simply writing this out has made me cry. I hope you guys have an amazing trip! Please tell Mrs. SouthFayetteFan that I applaud her bravery and will power to face that fear once again. I know how hard that is to do and I hope I can be just as brave as she is come March when we are in the Maldives.

He’s right, this thread is non-stop!

OMG! That was awesome! Love it.

Has anyone been hired by friend/group members to do credit card consultations?

someone asked me for my rate today... i was like uhh, 0.o

Yes, but I won't take money for it. I don't feel right about taking money from friends or anyone for something I learned to do for free and they can too.

DVC members check out the section and threads on lawsuit etc. DVC has reversed its policy on the 2020 point allocations! A lot of people worked hard to make their voices heard about it and it is good Disney at least for now listened. :)
:scared1: Thank you for saying this. I read the DVC board here and Mouse Owners a lot but missed this because I gave up on the lawsuit thread. Amazing.

Well, I'm off to go find what this is all about. Thank you for posting!

:scared1: Thank you for saying this. I read the DVC board here and Mouse Owners a lot but missed this because I gave up on the lawsuit thread. Amazing.
Now that IS interesting information. So weird that it didn't get brought up in my newsfeed on Facebook, I am a couple of very active DVC groups. I haven't looked this morning though.

Did anyone who did the Fidelity bank bonus last year get a 1099 for it yet? I got one form (I guess a 1099) for the interest, but it says I don't have to file that form with my taxes since it's only for the 56 cents interest I earned on the account, so it's de minimis. I thought I would get something for the $200 bonus though, and I haven't. Got 1099s for Ally interest and for Chase bank bonus.
Rule of thumb is to put all bank bonuses down as interest income even if you don’t get a 1099 for it.

Last edited:
Seriously? I guess those PP lounges aren't really useful then. The few times we flew first or business we could use the airline's own lounge. Good to know, though, even if I don't like it. We've been lucky in the past few years since our travel takes us through Centurion lounge territory most of the time. I haven't used a PP lounge in years, although DH used one in ATL a few months ago.
The international airlines that contract with the PP lounge/s at MCO don’t have enough flights to justify their own lounges there.

Now that IS interesting information. So weird that it didn't get brought up in my newsfeed on Facebook, I am a couple of very active DVC groups. I haven't looked this morning though.

I am the same...had given up following it all as too depressing! But finally sat down late last night and after catching up on this thread clicked over there and noticed all the new posts. For those who don’t want to research DVC basically has revised the proposed 2020 point charts to be more in line with the 2019 charts. So studios and one bedrooms are not all going up across the board regardless of season (which is how it was before).

Yeah seems mixed, DS from the original DoC comments I linked chimed in that he was approved. So 2 positive, one 7-10 day, and one (40/24) still holding our breath. This is looking more interesting at the moment.
DoC changed this morning after a few more DPs rolled in & said it appears not to be subject to 5/24. More approval DPs on yesterday’s Reddit DD as well.

DoC changed this morning after a few more DPs rolled in & said it appears not to be subject to 5/24. More approval DPs on yesterday’s Reddit DD as well.

Yeah I'm counting 4 unique approvals now between DoC's new post HERE and the Reddit DD post HERE
geoff
TJ
DS / u/taxmandan
u/jstilwe

It's still small, but people called the Hyatt 5/24 rule after 3-4 DPs so maybe we're on to something here. tagging @calypso726 for the Marriott Biz above 5/24

Ok I have a stupid decision I'm wrestling with. I'm going to go for the SPG personal, going to do it now rather than pushing it off so we can start MSR quicker since we completed the BBP already. (yep, only 3 weeks into the new year and already screwed up the "always be MSRing" resolution for the year. :P)

I can't decide between 20k Stariott points that I know we'll use, probably within the next few months, or 10-15k MR that we just keep accumulating with no specific goal. *cringe moment warning!* We almost used our MR stash to buy a new washer but at the last minute hubby decided we'd get more value out of it using it for travel in some nebulous future date; so we earned some more MR that we don't know what to do with by buying it with AmEx offers instead. :laughing: Unfortunately it's a "nebulous future date" so while I don't mind hoarding stuff for a plan, hanging onto points "just cuz" I start to wonder if it's silly. It's not silly, right? I should stick with referring myself from one of our MR cards?

My mom has an Amex traditional gold card. I googled and it looks like it has a lower annual fee than the gold card but no dining credit, airline credit, 4x grocery store, etc. Is this correct? Am I missing something?

D'oh!! Totally forgot she got in on that. I should learn to check your dossiers before getting people excited :thumbsup2

Edit: Hm, getting into semantics, Chase says the bonus isn't available to you not that the product isn't available to you. Since they're running this all through Marriott, I wonder if they would let you open the card without being able to get the bonus (something I know we all said Chase doesn't do) just for these cards.

Marriott Biz
"Eligibility for the new cardmember bonus: The bonus is not available to you if you:"

vs Marriott Personal
"Eligibility for this product: The product is not available to either:" blah blah
+
"Eligibility for the new cardmember bonus: The bonus is not available to you if you:" blah blah

The Biz doesn't have that product language.

Last edited:
@wendow ---the Citi website used to make me :furious:. To make my life easier I downloaded their app and was able to photograph my card and now do anything with my (one) Citi card on my app. It works well, surprisingly. Maybe that can be an option?
Thank you. I actually tried that too last night and couldn’t get anywhere. I’ve had a personal citi for years (Costco citi) so I’ve used their website for years. It’s the biz card login I cannot get working. I’ll call in a bit here.

Do you know...I still cannot believe this...but we NEVER got a Dole Whip at DLR?!? And we did not get to do the Tiki Room. It was the 55th anniv and absolutely crazy busy.
We were at DLR for 5 days in 2017. Everyday the line for Dole whips was huge. Eventually my DS would point to the line as we passed and say “there’s the line Mom, are you going to wait?” Every time I thought maybe next time the line would magically be shorter. Nope. Left without even one Dole whip. It’s like a family joke now. Last year, WDW. Checked into to Poly DS and DH went to the pool. I went to the Dole whip line.

My DH has Mondays off (switching to Fridays for awhile starting this week) so he has watched our four year old every Monday by himself for the past almost 4 years. Heck they went to Epcot Festival of the Holidays this year on a Monday and I never even made it there haha.
Dads are great and certainly capable of caring for their kids. I meant it more like an irrational mom fear thing lol! I always had dreams of losing my kids so that was a constant fear of mine.

It is actually still going on! I had a dream a couple of weeks ago that someone came into our backyard and abducted our dd18 while she was doing yard work. I came out after dark, saw the shovel on the ground, checked and her keys/purse were still there. Hopped in my car, located her by her phone and was on the phone with the police as I’m driving erratically trying to chase down the creep who has her :laughing:

D'oh!! Totally forgot she got in on that. I should learn to check your dossiers before getting people excited :thumbsup2

Edit: Hm, getting into semantics, Chase says the bonus isn't available to you not that the product isn't available to you. Since they're running this all through Marriott, I wonder if they would let you open the card without being able to get the bonus (something I know we all said Chase doesn't do) just for these cards.

Marriott Biz
"Eligibility for the new cardmember bonus: The bonus is not available to you if you:"

vs Marriott Personal
"Eligibility for this product: The product is not available to either:" blah blah
+
"Eligibility for the new cardmember bonus: The bonus is not available to you if you:" blah blah

The Biz doesn't have that product language.

I know this difference in language has been debated on r/churning, and my take is if you have the SPG Lux, you're ineligible for the Marriott Biz signup bonus, but I think you can still get the product (assuming 5/24 doesn't apply). I believe @calypso726 is considering opening the Marriott Biz for the 35k FN cert anyway, especially since the AF is staying at $99.

We were at DLR for 5 days in 2017. Everyday the line for Dole whips was huge. Eventually my DS would point to the line as we passed and say “there’s the line Mom, are you going to wait?” Every time I thought maybe next time the line would magically be shorter. Nope. Left without even one Dole whip. It’s like a family joke now. Last year, WDW. Checked into to Poly DS and DH went to the pool. I went to the Dole whip line.
YES!!! So I guess it was not just for the anniversary then. Oh yeah, we still laugh in disbelief about how we went to DLR and didn’t get a dole whip too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter