I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too funny I was literally just heading out the door to get one! Mine was restocked too!
@vanjust14 try your s+s at night aound 8-9pm. I’ve found luck with millennials that are just biding there time at s+s and could care less how you pay.
I'm afraid to try it again, haha! JK, I will try that, thanks! I ended up going to Walmart which worked ok I just don't like how it doesn't autodeduct and I have to tell them how much to put on the card/cards...nerve wracking!

I'm afraid to try it again, haha! JK, I will try that, thanks! I ended up going to Walmart which worked ok I just don't like how it doesn't autodeduct and I have to tell them how much to put on the card/cards...nerve wracking!
Oh I avoid Walmart like the plaque. I just carry the visa gc with me when I’m grocery shopping anyways and look for a cashier that seems like they won’t ask! Worst was when I was in line for a nice young millennial and the ratched old lady came back from her break and I was stuck getting her!!!!

SW Plus instant approval.

I fear my luck there is going to run out soon, but I'll enjoy while it lasts. And since a card also drops, or dropped, this month I'm still, or back at, 4/24.

Companion Pass #1 spend is complete
Companion Pass #2 spend is halfway done, now to wait for the other card.
Passports applications were done last week.
PC'd a NFCU card last week to get my 4th GE credit so 4 of us will be covered. I was trying to decide how to get this one done. When I saw that card had only a $49 AF, that was a no-brainer. Now just hoping the passports get here and we can get these interviews scheduled right away.

Come on Hawaii!

I learned my son may be home from his tour around the dates I want to go, unless he decides to extend. I'm glad I haven't booked anything that can't be canceled yet. I will not miss his return.

Crossing fingers for all of us, it's going to be just ridiculous tonight! Forecast when she gets off tonight is -25 with -54 windchill. And they just called her to work tomorrow morning too, she was supposed to be off tomorrow. So much for her getting to hibernate at least one day of this stuff. Saturday we will be wearing shorts LOL.

I know it is going to feel so nice on Saturday. From -55 below to almost 40 above. That is about 95 degree difference in a few days... Crazy - but used to it.

Jeez I’m from Boston and I can’t even imagine these cold temps. Hang in there. -50 that’s inhumane!!!

@Lain or @Albort - I’m doing some MSing in Dhs amex cards to avoid the pop up in a few months. I am on his SPG biz as employee. Is it ok if I use that card (account he is responsible for but the card in both our names) or should I be using his primary card? Does it matter?

I like the idea of you gettting a CIP (if you don’t have it or are under 5/24) referred by DH and getting him the CSR. Then pc yours to a freedom after the $300 credit is used. No need for a CSR and CSP in the same household. That would put him at 3/24. You could then be safe for one more Chase card prior to going to CP for DH at end of year (I too have CP through 2019 and am keeping DH free). I’d close his CIP at the one year so he won’t be going for fourth Chase biz and I think you’d be safe to get another Chase or the arrival +. Hyatt has some great properties in Hawaii so I’d consider that or arrival +
I just had the CIP, referred DH, then PC'd to Ink Cash this month. I am 7/24...I am a sucker for cards with highest bonus ever or higher bonuses in incognito mode, lol. Thanks so much, I wasn't sure if he'd be pushing it with getting the CSR and then the two SW but I like putting the Arrival or Hyatt in between. I'll refer DH to CSR after using the travel credit and then PC to freedom...I always have FOMO over the freedom deals! Thank you :)

Oh I avoid Walmart like the plaque. I just carry the visa gc with me when I’m grocery shopping anyways and look for a cashier that seems like they won’t ask! Worst was when I was in line for a nice young millennial and the ratched old lady came back from her break and I was stuck getting her!!!!
:rotfl2:

I just had the CIP, referred DH, then PC'd to Ink Cash this month. I am 7/24...I am a sucker for cards with highest bonus ever or higher bonuses in incognito mode, lol. Thanks so much, I wasn't sure if he'd be pushing it with getting the CSR and then the two SW but I like putting the Arrival or Hyatt in between. I'll refer DH to CSR after using the travel credit and then PC to freedom...I always have FOMO over the freedom deals! Thank you :)
I have 3 freedoms and I want a fourth. Great for MSing.

Also get his CLs real low with Chase. Works like a charm!!

Warm thoughts to everyone in polar vortex territory! Its cold enough here that I'm looking forward to being in Orlando next week, but I really shouldn't be complaining!

Speaking of things I shouldn't be complaining about, I just got my annual bonus, which is nice, but I was told I'd be getting a little extra this year (raises are standard, so any "atta boy" money comes as part of bonus or stock options), and the amount I got is just the standard %, nothing extra. I can't ask any of my coworkers (not sure if everyone got a little extra or just me) and the boss has already left for the day. Now I'm wondering if he meant they are moving me up a few percent for next year (as in, my compensation package has changed and instead of my bonus being based on x% of my salary, it will be based on y% going forward) or someone messed up and I missed out on the extra % I was supposed to get for 2018. Will all be explained tomorrow, but I wanna know now!

Really hoping DH's new United Explorer shows up soon- need to get going on the MSR and we will be spending a fair amount on our trip next week (even after using the plethora of various kinds of gift cards I've accumulated). Will be nice to have MSR to work on - I've been feeling weird without it - especially when I had to spend a gajillion dollars on USO park tickets (at least undercover tourist codes as travel, but still!)

Warm thoughts to everyone in polar vortex territory! Its cold enough here that I'm looking forward to being in Orlando next week, but I really shouldn't be complaining!

Speaking of things I shouldn't be complaining about, I just got my annual bonus, which is nice, but I was told I'd be getting a little extra this year (raises are standard, so any "atta boy" money comes as part of bonus or stock options), and the amount I got is just the standard %, nothing extra. I can't ask any of my coworkers (not sure if everyone got a little extra or just me) and the boss has already left for the day. Now I'm wondering if he meant they are moving me up a few percent for next year (as in, my compensation package has changed and instead of my bonus being based on x% of my salary, it will be based on y% going forward) or someone messed up and I missed out on the extra % I was supposed to get for 2018. Will all be explained tomorrow, but I wanna know now!

Really hoping DH's new United Explorer shows up soon- need to get going on the MSR and we will be spending a fair amount on our trip next week (even after using the plethora of various kinds of gift cards I've accumulated). Will be nice to have MSR to work on - I've been feeling weird without it - especially when I had to spend a gajillion dollars on USO park tickets (at least undercover tourist codes as travel, but still!)
So many people complain about how expensive Disney is, but I find Universal to be just as or more expensive considering it's just two parks! Of course, I still pay those prices because I love Universal, but still. Have fun on your trip!

About the bonus, that would drive me crazy too, I'd want to know right now!

@Lain or @Albort - I’m doing some MSing in Dhs amex cards to avoid the pop up in a few months. I am on his SPG biz as employee. Is it ok if I use that card (account he is responsible for but the card in both our names) or should I be using his primary card? Does it matter?

No idea! :confused3

But I'm guessing if DH's "business" is generating spend for Amex, who cares if it's DH or his employee who's doing the spending, right? Of course, with the RATs, up is down, and down is sideways. They've gone crazy.

Jeez I’m from Boston and I can’t even imagine these cold temps. Hang in there. -50 that’s inhumane!!!

i dont think it matters. i have no proof of this though.

SW Plus instant approval.

I fear my luck there is going to run out soon, but I'll enjoy while it lasts. And since a card also drops, or dropped, this month I'm still, or back at, 4/24.

Companion Pass #1 spend is complete
Companion Pass #2 spend is halfway done, now to wait for the other card.
Passports applications were done last week.
PC'd a NFCU card last week to get my 4th GE credit so 4 of us will be covered. I was trying to decide how to get this one done. When I saw that card had only a $49 AF, that was a no-brainer. Now just hoping the passports get here and we can get these interviews scheduled right away.

Come on Hawaii!

I learned my son may be home from his tour around the dates I want to go, unless he decides to extend. I'm glad I haven't booked anything that can't be canceled yet. I will not miss his return.

Congrats on your instant approval..party:

Too funny I was literally just heading out the door to get one! Mine was restocked too!
@vanjust14 try your s+s at night aound 8-9pm. I’ve found luck with millennials that are just biding there time at s+s and could care less how you pay.

I found one "kid" at S&S....he was on his high horse...told me I couldn't do it and gave me a stupid excuse (think I mentioned it here before). But, usually, they are the easiest and care the least. I have one kid that tells me all the time that the fee is $2.00. Did he forget I was just there 3,6,& 8 days prior?? :rotfl2:

I found one "kid" at S&S....he was on his high horse...told me I couldn't do it and gave me a stupid excuse (think I mentioned it here before). But, usually, they are the easiest and care the least. I have one kid that tells me all the time that the fee is $2.00. Did he forget I was just there 3,6,& 8 days prior?? :rotfl2:
It’s sad when I look behind the counter and I’m pumped cause I know it’s someone that doesn’t care!! Lol!

There's no referral bonus for the CSR, only the CSP.

I'm a sucker for "highest ever" too, lol.

That's a coincidence. My DH is also headed for Detroit on business. I bought him some theremal underwear yesterday. I am actually a bit worried.

Well your husband's are going to LOVE our balmy temps the next few days. EVERYTHING is closing for the next 2 days. I had school today, but closed tomorrow and Thursday. I just stocked up on milk and wine, LOL. Bring on the -40!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter