I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to.. growing up we always got 1% and my parents got skim for themselves. Eventually we switched to skim. Then my roommate and I in college would buy 1% usually... that was a compromise as I was used to skim and she was 2% lol. And now we do all 2% because that's what ILs always buy. I cant tell much of a difference between skim, 1, 2% now and will drink them all/whatever is available.

ETA I also bounced around a lot between the different kinds.. like my great grandma would give me 2% then I'd go home and have 1%, or skim if we were out of 1%. Drink mostly skim, have 2% at school, 1% at grandparents all in same day. So it's pretty much the same to me.
Growing up we always had 1% and that’s what my parents still buy. I don’t mind 1% but I prefer skim. I don’t think 2% is horrible but I wouldn’t choose it

I don't miss cow's milk in the least. Not ever and I don't miss the tummy aches :)

I agree to watch what happens with AA and Disney. However, I find it very, very, very odd - have I mentioned how odd I find it - that Swolphin fell off the UR site?? I'm hopeful they stay on the AA site and we can at least get those with AA miles. Second best, imo! I'd be really shocked if they are no longer on AA. I still don't understand why the Swolphin fell off UR's.
I don’t really understand it either (why swolphin was removed). After we drive to AK tomorrow I’ll decide about staying near Disney springs again. We could stay in this same hotel for about 7k URs/night and the room is very large. I love the onsite resorts but they’re so pricey

OT: have any of you ever arrived late to your resort, like midnight or later? How was the checkin process? Also how did you plan the next day? Lazy morning with afternoon/evening park plans or did you rally and just go through with a regular park day?
Well yes, tonight...and not planned. Flight delays.

My 3 year old won’t sleep in, so I will get up when she gets up. We have FP at Epcot starting at 9:25 Frozen, so we will head o we there leisurely and do that and then I want to spend time looking at the countries in world showcase...I never spend much time there usually.

We have lunch at beaches n cream around noon. The we will have a nice nap, go to the pool, shower, and dinner at Akershus. We will get back and in bed early tomorrow pm so we are ready for an early morning at MK Sunday.

Well I just got to BW a bit ago after my flight drama today, so you aren’t alone. We were supposed to leave at 5:30. The first drama was that we got stuck in traffic like I’ve never seen before in my life and I didn’t get to the airport until 4:45. I’m not one to want to sit around the airport but that was cutting it close even for me. We boarded on schedule. Then at 5:40 the pilot (super nice guy) says there is a ground stop and we hope to leave at 6:30. Will update. At 6:30 he says they’ve pushed it back to 7:30 and at that time allowed us to get off the plane. I was super grateful because we were hungry and if we had to wait until we got to Orlando we’d would be starving. So we got off and ate and stretch her legs and then got back on the plane about 720. We did end up leaving around 740. Apparently it was bad weather in Orlando and Tampa and there was just too much air traffic circling that could not land so they issued a ground stop for Orlando. So when we landed we sat on the plane waiting for the little dudes that waive the red flashlights to be able to guide us into a gate. That was another 25 minutes or so of waiting. I finally got to magical express and we were the first ones on the bus, so we waited forever for more people to come, and then I was the fourth resort drop off. It’s been a really long afternoon! I’ll have to post a view from our room tomorrow. We have a corner room with an extra window, a big balcony, and a few of the quiet pool. I’m loving Boardwalk. The rooms are just so much more fresh and airy than the Polynesian rooms were.
So glad you are settled in and loving your room after all that travel drama!

I havent done points since it went to Marriott points and they jacked the prices. Our last minute Friday night was $160 something before taxes and resort fees, AAA rate. Do you have AAA? It was probably $20 less than the Marriott member rate... could be worth a membership depending on how often. I bet @disneymagicgirl has a better idea of good rates.
I’ve seen them on Priceline sub-$100 a lot recently and low $100s.

I don’t really understand it either (why swolphin was removed). After we drive to AK tomorrow I’ll decide about staying near Disney springs again. We could stay in this same hotel for about 7k URs/night and the room is very large. I love the onsite resorts but they’re so pricey
I feel like we, as a larger fam, keep getting more and more priced out of Disney resorts. Ten years ago, I would have said that we'd never stay offsite. But today, the reality is that we are staying offsite for our next trip and I'm more than okay with it. I thought I'd feel this great sense of loss but I'm not sure I'm really feeling that. I feel more relief that the financial part is taken care of. I do believe if Swolphin falls off AA miles, my next stop will be the DS resorts.

We don’t have any AA miles. I’m guessing we’ll just pay OOP but still if I can be in the Epcot area for under $200/night I’m doing it
Just don’t forget to account for the resort fee and the parking. That really jacks even a good rate up quite a bit.

Thank you, that is such a good idea! I leave mine in a Ziploc, but they get a little crushed sometimes. Definitely doing this on my next trip!
I've not found straws hard to come by in wdw (yes to in DLR). Why carry them in the parks when they are plentiful there? Or have I missed something!?!?!

We don't have the parking but yes, taking into account the resort fee. I still feel that for a free stay, even with the resort fee, considering we can walk to Epcot and boat to DHS, we are doing ok.
Yes, for sure, but haleyR was talking about paying out of pocket for it all so wanted to make sure she knew to add $50 or so to the advertised rate when comparing to wdw and DS resorts.
So how do you not park? You guys uber there?

I've not found straws hard to come by in wdw (yes to in DLR). Why carry them in the parks when they are plentiful there? Or have I missed something!?!?!
I have found some places don't offer them anymore. Most recently I got a frozen Coke at the Lunching Pad and they had no straws besides the sugar/candy one they gave me with the drink. I did not want the different taste in my drink so I had to take one from my stash. Sometimes messy QS places also gross me out and I use my own. Captain Cooks always seems to be a hot mess with the straw dispenser sitting in a pool of some sort of spilled liquid so I use my own there 😂

The paper straws have seemed to have made their way around WDW property. The only place I got a plastic straw on my last trip was at La Hacienda de San Angel.

Well I just got to BW a bit ago after my flight drama today, so you aren’t alone. We were supposed to leave at 5:30. The first drama was that we got stuck in traffic like I’ve never seen before in my life and I didn’t get to the airport until 4:45. I’m not one to want to sit around the airport but that was cutting it close even for me. We boarded on schedule. Then at 5:40 the pilot (super nice guy) says there is a ground stop and we hope to leave at 6:30. Will update. At 6:30 he says they’ve pushed it back to 7:30 and at that time allowed us to get off the plane. I was super grateful because we were hungry and if we had to wait until we got to Orlando we’d would be starving. So we got off and ate and stretch her legs and then got back on the plane about 720. We did end up leaving around 740. Apparently it was bad weather in Orlando and Tampa and there was just too much air traffic circling that could not land so they issued a ground stop for Orlando. So when we landed we sat on the plane waiting for the little dudes that waive the red flashlights to be able to guide us into a gate. That was another 25 minutes or so of waiting. I finally got to magical express and we were the first ones on the bus, so we waited forever for more people to come, and then I was the fourth resort drop off. It’s been a really long afternoon! I’ll have to post a view from our room tomorrow. We have a corner room with an extra window, a big balcony, and a few of the quiet pool. I’m loving Boardwalk. The rooms are just so much more fresh and airy than the Polynesian rooms were.

Glad you finally made it! Hope the rest of your trip goes smoothly and that you have a great time!

As for me, after my 1st flight was canceled, and after my 2nd flight was canceled, and after my 3rd flight had the possibility of us missing the connection in SJC and ending up spending the night at the SJC airport...we decided to bail on the Vegas trip. We came back home, and I've filed a claim with Chase for our prepaid hotel nights (what is with the 72 hour hotel cancelation policies?!?), and I'm hoping that having paid for the taxes and fees on the SW flights with the CSR that I can be reimbursed for the hotel nights of ~$500. Ugh, what a joyless day.

Glad you finally made it! Hope the rest of your trip goes smoothly and that you have a great time!

As for me, after my 1st flight was canceled, and after my 2nd flight was canceled, and after my 3rd flight had the possibility of us missing the connection in SJC and ending up spending the night at the SJC airport...we decided to bail on the Vegas trip. We came back home, and I've filed a claim with Chase for our prepaid hotel nights (what is with the 72 hour hotel cancelation policies?!?), and I'm hoping that having paid for the taxes and fees on the SW flights with the CSR that I can be reimbursed for the hotel nights of ~$500. Ugh, what a joyless day.
I’m so sorry. That’s really a bummer. I would be so let down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter