I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The recently 21 yo intern where I'm working didn't know who pinky and the brain are and hasn't never seen alf. I don't get it. When I was growing up we'd see repeats of older stuff, I've seen ton's of happy days, lavern & shirley, wkrp etc but I guess they just don't replay stuff from the 80's as much.
I love happy days! Dh and I just watched the episode of friends yesterday when phoebe’s doctor is obsessed with fonzie lol. My mom always had tv land on so we watched I love Lucy, happy days, leave it to beaver, the Brady Bunch, and lots of older game shows

I havent done points since it went to Marriott points and they jacked the prices. Our last minute Friday night was $160 something before taxes and resort fees, AAA rate. Do you have AAA? It was probably $20 less than the Marriott member rate... could be worth a membership depending on how often. I bet @disneymagicgirl has a better idea of good rates.
I know @disneymagicgirl has debated Swolphin a lot but I don't think she has stayed there.

You don’t drink fountain pop? Or you don’t drink pop at all? Dh and I don’t ever drink pop that has sugar in it. We stick to Pepsi and Coke Zero

Hmm I wonder what the best way is to stay at the Swolphin. I’d hate to pay out of pocket for it 😱
I booked Swolphin using AA miles. SO, So, so cheap compared to Disney...

You can take the same card in month after month and add to it. I have one that has $40 on it from 4 different months.
Tks! I did consider asking about that once, but I keep the cards at home so never had one with me and CF is not very convenient. I've been stopping in on our way through or I had my daughter do it twice on her way to work. I will start doing that though. DD loves CF and we rarely go since there's not a whole lot on the menu for me.

No way! Canned tastes perfectly according to spec. Fountain is always hit or missed based on the mix of syrup and carbonation. And you don’t even know what funky stuff is growing inside the tubing, gaskets, and machinery.
My thoughts exactly!!! I have nightmares thinking about what lives in those lines (germaphobe) when not maintained properly :oops:. I also hate when the ratio is off and it tastes too flat or weak.

I would prefer a bottle to a can because the bottom of the can sometimes tastes metallic, but I am frugal and cans are usually cheaper to bring to work and when you are addicted you drink what you can get 😂

I just spent a week in NC on the beaches. I don't think my kids would like Asheville. Boston is CRAZY expensive (almost as much as LA). I'd love to do Boston seeing as my 5 boyfriends are from there, lol. I think I just need to figure out a local vaca.

Local vacations can be the best kind! Less stressful I find :)

We were in Galveston last Nov and caught the ‘blue water’ phenomenon. Simply beautiful and so not normal in Galveston.
View attachment 416861

Yes, I remember that day! I still have not been able to get down there to see it in person. Hopefully it'll come back sometime soon. I need a beach day! Looks like y'all had fun :)

~~~~~~~~~~

I went ahead and cashed out my MRs for Home Depot gift cards with no problem. It came out to 1.28 cpp which isn't awful and probably the right financial decision. My original plan was to use them up on staycation at a fancy hotel downtown with a lazy river on the roof. Maybe for my birthday next year. For now, we need some extra flex in our budget to buy a washer and dryer. Speaking of which, I am looking for recommendations on front-loaders!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter