I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got a new car and have the free trial. You just missed the Holly station - Christmas music all the time. Today I got in the car and it is some type of rock New Year's Eve music ☹. That's ok, Pandora has Christmas stations you can play all year if you like.

Now that Christmas music is over, I'll go back to listening to audio books. That helps pass the time better on my commute that regular radio or Sirius.

Except for my trip south, I hardly drove the Niro in December. The van already had the car seats installed and we had quite a bit of rain so it sat. Been driving it the last week or so. Haven't turned the radio on. But, on my alone trips through North and South Carolina and Georgia on 95 there is not much to do or see other than listen to the radio and it might be nice to use this option as other than Christian music, the choices are pretty slim on regular am/fm.

They've had it for a while I do believe. And the best part is, the double cash back is good for the entire 365 day period after you get the card, so you can actually capture 5 quarterly 5% categories this way - apply in the middle of, say, November, and you'll be able to double the 5% for the rest of Q4Y1, plus Q1Y2, Q2Y2, Q3Y2, and a month and a half of Q4Y2.

That's a great tip!

I made my Sam’s purchase on Friday and no email from Amex here either. Also haven’t seen the credit.
I made the $300 Best Buy purchase on Dec 23 and it claims it credited Dec 26 but it wasn't there yesterday, but was early this morning. 7 days before I could see it.

We are hoping the sun comes out at some point today. It is overcast again.

The sun just came out here 5 minutes or so ago. It was pretty much pouring for about 15 minutes or so before that. I had gotten ready to go out and do my chores. Had to cancel myself because I don't like getting rained on.

Now, I'm getting my hoody on to go out there.

@LuckyMamaInDE I think you are correct since this for the Brisbane and Cairns portion of our trip.

Qantas F class (LAX-SYD) - 488.4k (transferred 407k MR using 20% bonus) or $29209
United J Class (SYD-LAX-ORD (Econ)-BWI (Econ))- 240k (transferred 234k UR) or $21088

Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Port Douglas (Cairns)- 5 nights- 140k or $1298
Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast (Brisbane)- 5 nights- 130k or $1296

I am hoping to use my suite nights for the Gold Coast. It’s low season so I am hopeful it will be go through.

The Park Hyatt Sydney (3 nights) will be 90k but has the best value at $2303.

Flight from SYD to Cairns in business- 60k (Biz)
Flight from Cairns to Brisbane- 30k (Econ)
Flight from Brisbane to SYD- 30k (Econ)

Using AA miles for these flights

I still have to figure out:
Arrival day hotel in SYD
Cairns area hotel for flight to BNE (it’s an early flight and Port Douglas is kind of far out)
Departure night to US SYD hotel near airport (9:30 am flight and want to take advantage of airport lounge)

Oh, and I still have a flight from BWI to LAX and pre-SYD hotel to figure out.
So exciting to have that much booked!
Two CC related items.

1. Slightly happy my dishwasher died this weekend as we could use an AMEX offer at Lowes and help make a big dent in MSR in DH's latest card. Before CC, I would not have been happy about a big, unplanned expense.

2. Sat in my car at Costco this morning while I looked up the 5% categories on my CF as I could not remember if gas stations were 4Q or 1Q. They are 1Q. Had to make sure I used the best card for point earnings. I am sure the attendant wondered why I was sitting there for a while before pumping gas!
We are just getting a Costco gas station. Does it count as gas for cc purposes? Or does the Costco-ness supersede the gas-ness?

DoC has a post about 10% off your purchase at Amazon. It expires tomorrow or while supplies last. It worked for me even though I didn't know that I was targeted. I had no plans for shopping today, but stocked up on grocery GCs. Paying with Amazon cards that I got at a discount just made the deal too tempting to pass up. :)

DoC has a post about 10% off your purchase at Amazon. It expires tomorrow or while supplies last. It worked for me even though I didn't know that I was targeted. I had no plans for shopping today, but stocked up on grocery GCs. Paying with Amazon cards that I got at a discount just made the deal too tempting to pass up. :)
It quickly told me I wasn't eligible.😞

Boo! I couldn’t get it to work on my or DH’s account.

Back on Oct 18, I was denied for the Southwest Signature Business card. It’s my first denial and I didn’t really have time to deal with it at the time so it’s sat. I haven’t applied for anything since.

Now that I have my life back, I’d like to get working on this card. We just closed on another rental property so I do have a legit business. What # do I call? What questions should I be prepared to answer? Their reason was “insufficient business credit information on file and New Chase Business card recently opened.” The new card was CIP on 7/30 which was my 4th business card in 24 months.
I guess I should have said, but I did apply for it as sole prop in my name. We don’t have our rental business as an LLC/EIN, so I didn’t even try the other way. I was honest with everything though...in business since 2012, $25k income, real estate section, private home rentals, etc
Your first step here would be to reapply. Since it’s been over 2 months and you haven’t applied for anything else you may get approved this time. Apply and call the automated status line and take it from there 😊

Don’t forget to use a DISchurners support link if you have no other support link available to you 😃

Thanks! This worked out for me just now.

I have the exact opposite DP. P2 has a message that says "-13 points with your next statement". Had a small refund through paypal. It also shows in her Recent Purchases.

View attachment 461334
These DPs actually aren’t related at all 😉

They will definitely take away URs if you have a return. They just don’t subtract that spend from your bonus tracker.

Do you have BGE? That is the one bill I don’t pay by CC.

Can’t remember. Do you have BBP? I always prepay as much as I want to float since it’s just a $1.50 to pay by CC. Now that BGE switched to a new payment processor, the $600 cap was removed as well. I prepaid $700 two months ago.

Pepco. They charge 1.95, so I do $600 usually on a 2% card, unless there is a promo like this time.

BGE doesn't take credit cards? My gas company doesn't even charge. I just pay with a card on the website. But my natural gas usage is only about $650 a year for heat. Daughter has BGE and I was confused at first because my gas and electric are separate companies.

It's supposed to go up to 68 degrees here today. I've got to get motivated and go do some more yard cleanup.

Parents have BGE for electric and WGL for gas. Depending on where you are in MD, it seems BGE can service both electric and gas or sometimes just electric, oddly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter