I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I am new to this game but do know I love bonuses and love to save money. lol. TBH, I checked my creditkarma and called 2 credit card companies to check how many cards I have opened in the last 24 mos. (my husband and I signed each other on as co-signers, stupidly). I did cancel him and I as cosigners, on two different cards. I will give info, just not sure what I need to give? Just how many cards I have gotten in the last 24 months?

If you go to page 1 of this thread...the second post...it lists what information can help us....help you get the right credit cards for your goals...
But yes a list of what cards (both still opened and closed )you’ve opened in the last 24 months...both in your name and thoses you were an authorized user

Sorry, I am new to this game but do know I love bonuses and love to save money. lol. TBH, I checked my creditkarma and called 2 credit card companies to check how many cards I have opened in the last 24 mos. (my husband and I signed each other on as co-signers, stupidly). I did cancel him and I as cosigners, on two different cards. I will give info, just not sure what I need to give? Just how many cards I have gotten in the last 24 months?

> Ok - so let's help set you up for success! To effectively ask for advice, I would recommend checking out sticky #2:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/i-love-credit-cards-so-much-v2-0-see-first-page-for-addl-details.3729982/#post-60156306

Ok - so let's help set you up for success! To effectively ask for advice, I would recommend checking out sticky #2:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/i-love-credit-cards-so-much-v2-0-see-first-page-for-addl-details.3729982/#post-60156306

We are getting scattered information here and it is difficult to help without a clear picture. You said you got 2 Chase Disney cards recently - depending on how recent, we may recommend you wait a month before looking to a Chase card (especially a Chase business card)...

I like to check my credit report using a free account at Experian.com. We really need a list of all of your cards in MM/YY format to give good advice. It sounds like you have a husband who would also "throw his hat in the ring" with the CC churning game which is great but we need the same information on him. Keep in mind that without a full and complete list of all cards we might give you bad advice and get you declined again, further setting back the clock.

Once we have a complete picture, and can confirm that you and/or him are indeed at 4/24 we're going to have you focus on Chase most likely. If you can qualify for their small business credit card products there are 3-4 cards you could get without affecting your "5/24 status" and without affecting your personal credit report (aside from an inquiry which has a negligible affect). I would agree with prior advice that a Chase Ink Preferred is a phenomenal card to get IF you are under 5/24 and can qualify for it. Be patient and get the information needed and we'll chart a good course for you!

I'll also send you a message with an invite to our DISchurners reddit group if you'd like to join. We have some guides and good tips over there! (but the discussion is all here)

EDIT: apparently you don't allow PMs or the DIS has blocked you form those for some reason?? If you want to join DISchurners I guess let me know, or see if you can send me a PM. Thanks.

Is there a site that watches rental car prices? We don't rent cars often but when we do it would be nice not to have to keep checking as often if theres a site that will let me know if the price drops

I've always found the best rates using autoslash.com. Rented a car just this past week for DH to use in Vegas. It found a rate way cheaper than even the UR portal.

Questions about booking a cruise:
My daughter and my sister had to cancel a Carnival cruise they had booked due to a date conflict. They now have a $50 credit to use toward a future booking. I hopped over to Costco and found another cruise for them at almost the same price they had originally booked at through whatever my sister used. I am willing to book this for them, I understand from my research that part is possible (neither of them are members). How do we do that and use their credit? I have never booked a cruise and I have never booked anything through Costco.

FYI: Varo Bank has reported to DoC they will ban anyone who shares referrals on public sites AND anyone who uses a referral that was posted on a public site.

As someone who already posted their link publicly I’m gonna try to close my account before I get shutdown.
What????? So they don’t want new customers??

FYI: Varo Bank has reported to DoC they will ban anyone who shares referrals on public sites AND anyone who uses a referral that was posted on a public site.

As someone who already posted their link publicly I’m gonna try to clear out & close my account before I get shutdown.
Thanks! I never got my bonus from them. I was planning to close out anyway, just haven't done it yet. I guess it's time now.

Oh hey, you all have helped me pass 20,000 Likes and I didn't even notice.

THANK YOU, everyone, for being part of the best thread on the DIS!

HX8P4Rb.jpg

I'm looking at your 24,000 Likes and I'm coming for you, @SouthFayetteFan. :sail:

Well, it looks like it’s time for me to get back in the bonus hunting game!

I am looking at trying to get a whole lot of miles as the alternative is about $12k pp in cash >.<

I have to get from somewhere in the US to Bergen then London to Amsterdam then Reykjavik to somewhere in the US

I haven’t even started and it’s overwhelming!!

Oh, that’s so stressful. TSA in Orlando stressed me out. DS was with DH and slightly ahead of me with TSA last time. DH had his boarding pass. I was worrying about my own stuff, DH had DS and his stuff. Suddenly the TSA agent starts yelling at me “Mom get over here”. I go running over and another TSA agent is yelling at me that I need to push my stuff thru the scanner and not to leave. DS was fine, but having 2 TSA agents yelling at me did not make my day. Plus I wanted to say, “How do you even know I’m his mom? I don’t have his boarding pass and it’s not like he looks like me”. Of course I kept my mouth shut.
The last two times I've been at MCO I've gotten in trouble for not pushing my stuff through the scanner. The first time I was dealing with my kids and was super stressed and somehow ended up in the regular line instead of the precheck line and the agent was incredibly nasty. Last time I had no excuse and they weren't as mean. I only have this issue at MCO.

What????? So they don’t want new customers??

Right? Someone pointed out they literally included links to share your link on Twitter and Facebook...

Thanks! I never got my bonus from them. I was planning to close out anyway, just haven't done it yet. I guess it's time now.

My sister didn’t either. She doesn’t have a real DD so we used my DD and they said she never had a DD sent to the account. There was a batch of people who didn’t get their bonuses and had to fight hard for them. She didn’t fight it since it was my DD but there was no way Varo knew that.

Questions about booking a cruise:
My daughter and my sister had to cancel a Carnival cruise they had booked due to a date conflict. They now have a $50 credit to use toward a future booking. I hopped over to Costco and found another cruise for them at almost the same price they had originally booked at through whatever my sister used. I am willing to book this for them, I understand from my research that part is possible (neither of them are members). How do we do that and use their credit? I have never booked a cruise and I have never booked anything through Costco.

I don’t know about the credit. But would recommend going on cruisecompete.com to see if any TA can beat the Costco price. Sign up for an account, get quote, then enter the sailing and category on the form. Wait a day or 2. Except for DCL, I’ve had good luck getting better prices than Costco this way.

Anyone who opened a Varo account using a referral or shared a referral should give serious consideration to shuttting their Varo accounts down if they haven’t already given the level of dedication the bank told DoC they’re gonna have in pursuing people. Don’t forget to email yourself your statements from the app. Personally I’m going to call all the money left in it out first because I don’t want to try for a check in the mail for the balance and then I’ll shut it down but to each their own.

I apologize as I am sure this has been asked many times but I couldn't locate the answer with a quick search.

I have Cap One Venture miles and am looking at a DVC booking. Cap One will let me redeem the miles on the DVC rentals as long as the charge is coded travel. There are two agencies - David's Disney and DVC Rental Store. I found some posts from 2017 on other forums that stated that DVC Rental Store is a travel agency and the charges come through as travel expenses for redemption. I found some comments in another thread that David's Disney Rentals also comes through as a travel charge (although under a parent name).

Anyone recently used Cap One Venture reward points for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter