I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of this, any idea if you can link two reservations in the same resort at WDW together? If I get a room for 2 days with DW's points then 5 days after with my points in the same category, can they link them and keep us in the same room?

There are a few 'if's' to this.

1. Book the same room type.
2. Disney has availability to do so.

I've linked loads of times. Sometimes they make me come to the desk the next morning to 'check in' a second time, but have kept me in the same room. I've done this with DVC and with regular cash rooms. Using cash, we've done it where one of us paid for one night and the other person paid for the next nights.

They've never disappointed me, but it could happen that they are unable to do it.

So we called work... at 3pm. Back at 7am tomorrow. I am only home now because I had someone who could take over my job and zack had been waiting for me since his work closed at 10am. Got to leave at 1pm, soooooo helpful.

AAAAAAARRRGGGH - I need to have a think how to handle this. :confused3

Is he from the US? If so he should be able to wire her the money for the phone plus shipping. Tell her to ask him, if he comes up with some stupid excuse why he can't that should be a red flag, hopefully she'll pick up on. Another route is getting to your tax accountant, explain what is going on and he/she will tell her not to get involved.

Also, at the end of the app, I noted language that says "any new cardmember bonus offers for this product are not available to either current or previous cardmembers of this product who received a new cardmember bonus for this product in the last 24 months." Does anyone know if this language is new, and they have just not followed it, or did they recently add this to the app?

That language has been in there for quite some time, just doesn't appear to be enforced. That's the new revelation recently :)

Could be it was enforced when they rolled it out a couple years back? But it's not stopping people now so if it was ever enforced, then probably a glitch in the application process was introduced at some point. Or if it was never enforced, someone forgot to turn it on and it took folks a while to notice :)

Interestingly, you’ll find the 24-months limitation on the CIP SUB only in the certifications, not in the offer terms. If you click on the Offer Details link, there’s nothing about the SUB not being available to current or previous cardmembers who received a CIP SUB in the last 24 months.

For comparison, this is the language (in bold) that’s at the very top of the Offer Details page for the CSR: The product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card who received a new cardmember bonus within the last 48 months. If you are an existing Sapphire customer and would like this product, please call the number on the back of your card to see if you are eligible for a product change. You will not receive the new cardmember bonus if you change products.

Big question is do you have a room booked?

Yep! Staying at PVB with DVC. Actually booked 3 rooms because we bought a loaded resale contract with more points than we can use, so we're taking friends. Sounds like a couple are also going to do some of the races with us. It was easy to pick that weekend because we knew we were going for F&W anyway, and did the W&D 5K last year, so we were already thinking about it.

Booked my wedding trip at the Grand Floridian using all my AA miles and paid about $300 in cash. I was a bit short and didn't want to put it off incase it became unavailable. I have no AA miles left, but that's ok. Im working on getting another 120,000-150,000 in my account (if they match) and 75,000 in SO's account. In another 60 days I'll get two more personals for me and so and then 8 days later another 2. I should have my stash replaced in no time.

So I’m guessing the invitations are going out soon? Can’t wait to receive mine! :goodvibes

Speaking of this, any idea if you can link two reservations in the same resort at WDW together? If I get a room for 2 days with DW's points then 5 days after with my points in the same category, can they link them and keep us in the same room?
I ended up piecing mine together...I currently have 3 reservations and waiting on a 4th for a one night waitlist. Hoping to not have to move rooms 4 times. I will call and find out once that waitlist comes through. Three are the same category and we have 1 night in a non-lake view. I do expect to move once.

...Hopefully we find out actual info from the black boxes soon so everyone actually knows and isn't working off assumptions.
Black Box analysis hasn’t even started yet. Ethiopia is hoping one of the European aviation angencies will handle analysis... It’s gonna be a bit.

Close early at 9am?? What time do they open?

They open at 8AM...he has an overdeveloped work ethic. He's stressed by our trip out to Maui (remember me saying he doesn't like Hawaii??) and feels he needs to work more before then to make up for it, and also work while we're on vacation.

He's home safely now (and working from home).

So we called work... at 3pm. Back at 7am tomorrow. I am only home now because I had someone who could take over my job and zack had been waiting for me since his work closed at 10am. Got to leave at 1pm, soooooo helpful.

Glad you're home too!

I took the $100 Kroger GC I bought at Lowe's this weekend with the 10% back Amex deal to Kroger this morning for the 4x fuel points promo. Picked up a $100 Disney GC at self-checkout with no issues at all! Other than what DH buys in plants for spring planting, I'll definitely be maxing my Lowe's offers on two cards this way. Even if using a Kroger GC dies, I shop there anyways so it's no loss to me just to use the GCs to purchase regular groceries. Really glad someone mentioned this!

If memory serves, someone posted they bought a $100 Visa with their Kroger GC, then went to BB via SB to purchase a Disney GC. :ssst:

Hello to my favorite collective mind on these boards!
After the merger, I was anti-Marriott. However, it will help me to use up my points in order to get some more (I hope that makes sense.)
I currently have the Marriott Rewards card and SPG Amex. DH has SPG Amex. We are both at 4/24 and have about $4,000ish in big spends coming up.
What can I open to get maximum Bonvoy points? (I cringe at using that phrase.) My current referral offer for the Marriott Chase is for 3 free nights, but I’d rather just points instead of nights.
Thank you in advance!

ETA: We also both have the CSP and CF. DH has the CIP. I got shot down in the pst when I tried to open a SW Business.

I wouldn't take the free night referral offers. Each night is capped at 35k, so if you used them at a lesser point category property you've instantly lost value. An argument could be made for it if you had a specific redemption in mind at the 35k and could only meet the 3k spend. If you can swing the 5k, which sounds like you might, I'd look at the 100k offers - that provides more flexibility if you're unsure of the exact redemption.

Here's a good chart to check out to see which cards you are eligible for based on your current cards -
https://frequentmiler.boardingarea.com/navigating-marriotts-byzantine-credit-card-rules/

Depending on when you got the sign on or upgrade bonus each card and what exactly each one is, will determine what you could apply for next. If you got the bonus on the Marriott card more than 24 months ago then you may be eligible to get the SPG cards. DH can stick with the AmEx card line and get the remaining SPG cards as well, but unless you cancel it or upgrade it then he's locked out of the Chase card line. It gets complicated, so I find that chart helpful.

You can transfer both AmEx MR and Chase UR points into the Marriott program, but I think the return on the spends for those type of cards isn't worth it. Say you open the CIP for the 80k UR just to transfer to Marriott - that's 5k in spend for only 80k Bonvoy points versus 5k in spend on a Bonvoy card gets you 100k points. So it's worth checking out the chart to see if you can get in on any of the current offers.

Boxes are going to or are enroute to France.
Yeah... Germany has said they can’t analyze it and as of a few hours ago the French said they hadn’t been asked yet.

I’m rather disturbed at this “new type of black box” that even the Germans can’t anaylze. Didn’t know that was a thing.

My local Kroger store used to allow that but that method died off around 4 years ago here. I'm surprised yours still does that, and makes me wonder if Kroger went back to allowing it? Guess I'll have to do my own experiment. Maybe it's the self-checkout that's the key. I do love buying variable vgcs through the self-checkout (after learning that I can mute the speaker so that it's not announcing that I'm buying a $500 gc!).

People on the Disney Gift card thread reported doing self-checkout and using a cashier.

One other trick I've noticed people using before is to fill up two vehicles back to back at the same pump. It's inconvenient for us to do that, since it's hard for us to coordinate having empty tanks and being in town at the same time. So, DH usually fills his truck up and then takes gas cans to max out the entire 35 gallons.

We share vehicles. DH puts a lot of miles on his car going to work and I don't. So he takes my car sometimes and leaves me with his filled to a quarter. It works out great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter