I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
any reason to keep our Bonvoy Biz with $95 AF? one of ours just came due and not keeping AF cards that don't give me AF bonus worth it

Maybe I am too late since today was so busy, but my only other thought to add as a reason to not cancel an Amex card is the same reason to think twice about whatever Amex you decide to get. Strong possibility that the cancellation of a card can trigger the pop up. Of course not using a card can too...so I guess you have to weigh it out and decide. I am going through the same thing with mine when it comes due this summer. I don’t now what I will decide to do.

I was also searching around for some upcoming flights I still need to book and was shocked SW was coming up more expensive than United.

I guess that is why I am such a #Deltahostage. I almost always check to see if Southwest is cheaper or at least comparable, but from here it is always a lot more (and that does it even factor in that it does not have the non stop flights).

Interesting night here....

DH's Chase application sent us on an 1.5 hour trail. There was an additional apartment number listed on his credit report. We finally got that fixed and he was approved. Yea!

Plastiq sent me an email that they issued me fee-free credits. I had made one payment for $11,000. They issued me 22,000 credits to be used in the next 90 days. That's too much even for us!

Unless it has changed I have found with Plastiq that if you set it up to make a payment and then cancel it the fee free dollars expiration resets. So you might want to try that, I am jealous of the fee free dollars...a promotion I could use with Plastiq would be more than welcome. :)

Applied yesterday and this morning got on and CIC is in my account as another business card! :)

I seriously considered going for the second CIP (while still holding my existing CIP) but decided not too for a couple reasons. First, I did not have a spouse referral since I already cancelled DH’s and with my luck the self referral would get eyes on the account. Probably not, but just in case. Second reason was that I am still scarred from getting the first CIP. I really did not feel like selling the argument of why I needed a second one when I have barely used the first past the bonus. Third reason I went for the no AF CIC was that DH’s AF’s for both the SPG Lux (Brilliant?!) posted this month as did his CSR, and one of my Amex Delta Platinum fees. I know that you get the travel credits but that is over a $1000 in fees! The thought of another one right now was too much. Honestly makes me a little sick to the stomach.

AND my Barclaycard Aviator Biz came today. Any reason I should not call the number on the card to activate? Just checking because I called in to activate the Biz Plat and had to (gasp) talk to someone AND I cheated myself out of the 10,000 MR’s in the pay over time option “sure sign me up for that.”

Happy weekend everyone!

Not gonna lie- the size of this thread totally intimidates me!!

I have a SW rapid rewards card - approved in January 2019. Already spent the $4K, should be getting the bonus points and companion pass at the end of this statement period.
We haven't had credit cards in years.. so this is new to us.

Looking for one for my husband to get also. He currently has none.

2) Secondly we'll want to know a little bit about you. Specifically - what you spend, and what you want to earn!
  • What amount of spend would you put on a card monthly (i.e. groceries, gas, insurance, cable, cell phone, other expenses)?
Groceries is our biggest expense at around $1000/mo (4 kids, teenagers and athletes!), gas, car insurance, cell phone, and cable, and some various expenses - so $4000 in 3 months is doable.
  • Do you currently payoff your CCs in full every month or do you carry any balances/pay any interest?
Plan to use it as a debit card for normal expenses and pay weekly.
  • What airport(s) do you typically fly out of?
Providence PVD
  • Do you have a preference of Frequent Flyer program?
  • Does SOUTHWEST service your airport?
Yes - SW offers direct flights to MCO from here.
I already have the SW rapid rewards card- but now that I have earned the companion pass and bonus it is not the best rewards after that 1pt/$1
  • Do you have a Hotel Rewards program preference? No
  • Do you currently have any travel points in any program? (if so, which programs and how much
4000ish currently, plus will have another 40,000 bonus pts at the end of this billing period with SW rapid rewards.
  • What at your specific goals for churning credit cards? (i.e. Disney World Trip, Cruise, European Trip, Cash Back to pay-off a mortgage or student loans, etc. - you can have multiple goals too!)
I have no idea what churning means
  • Who does your travel party consist of? (Spouse, Kids (& ages), other relatives/friends)
Myself, my husband, and our 4 kids - we go to Disney about every 12-18 months. Also a few nights in hotels around New England for my kids sports competitions.
Hi and Welcomed..this thread does move pretty fast but everyone here is super nice
Most of us here start with Chase cards the UR points are very versatile ..can be used for hotels,flights etc...and due to their 5/24 rule..in order to be approved for their cards you have to have opened less than 5 personal credit cards from any issuer in 24 months...sounds like your 1/24 and your husband is 0/24...if you put him as an authorized user on your SW card he is 1/24
If you have any sort of a side business...selling on eBay etc...Would you consider applying for a business card....the Chase card with the largest sign up bonus is the CIP... 80k URs after a 5k spend in the first 3 months...
If you want to stay with personal cards the CSP has a 50k sign up bonus after spending 4K in the first 3 months....

Applied yesterday and this morning got on and CIC is in my account as another business card! :)

I seriously considered going for the second CIP (while still holding my existing CIP) but decided not too for a couple reasons. First, I did not have a spouse referral since I already cancelled DH’s and with my luck the self referral would get eyes on the account. Probably not, but just in case. Second reason was that I am still scarred from getting the first CIP. I really did not feel like selling the argument of why I needed a second one when I have barely used the first past the bonus. Third reason I went for the no AF CIC was that DH’s AF’s for both the SPG Lux (Brilliant?!) posted this month as did his CSR, and one of my Amex Delta Platinum fees. I know that you get the travel credits but that is over a $1000 in fees! The thought of another one right now was too much. Honestly makes me a little sick to the stomach.

AND my Barclaycard Aviator Biz came today. Any reason I should not call the number on the card to activate? Just checking because I called in to activate the Biz Plat and had to (gasp) talk to someone AND I cheated myself out of the 10,000 MR’s in the pay over time option “sure sign me up for that.”

Happy weekend everyone!

Congrats on the CIC party:

I got my CIP expedited. But I don't believe they expedite co-branded cards at all.

I was going to say the same thing. IIRC they won't expedite the co-branded ones. My Hyatt isn't a biz, but they wouldn't do it, while they did for my CIP.

Yes, these were completely cash. For comparison,taxes on award tickets for same route are usually $550+ each way.

Sadly, I'm all too familiar with those taxes, which is why I asked. In my mind, I can take $1000 off the price of those tickets then, when comparing them to ones booked with points. Makes it a better deal, too. ;)

Love @calypso726 travel pics! But I really think those little pods are not for me. How would I squeeze the life out of DH during takeoff, landing and turbulence?? I couldn’t do it.

I have the exact same issue! It hasn't stopped me from flying first/business, but it's much harder to even hold hands at takeoff, and the squeezing the life out of someone part is sadly impossible.

Thank you, I failed to mention I am fine and not in the flooding path. However there are MANY who are not that fortunate and have had to leave everything behind in a moments notice when the levee was breached this afternoon.

I'm so glad you're ok. Scary and sad what's going on around you, though.

I applied for a second CIP with EIN on 3/5 (I had fear in me about a second app with SSN). I used a referral link from my wife. The 30 day message from Chase changed to a 7-10 day message until I faxed my EIN confirmation letter, then it went back to 30 days.

The Chase message is still stuck on 30 days, but my wife just received her 20K referral bonus. Can I take this as confirmation that my card is approved?>

Good but annoying news today - my husband was auto approved for the Barclay Aviator Biz tonight with a $16k limit. His application was almost exactly like mine that was DENIED yesterday except he had $7k in income from his ebay business (I had $24k last year). All our cards are exactly the same, household income the same, his credit score maybe 2-3 points less than mine. Oh, he has an extra Banana Republic card from December! He's the one with a stash of points so that works great for this card but it does bother me. Anyways, will wait for my letter to see reason for denial and proceed with AmEx Plat and CIP2 for me.

Be the DP!
Navy Federal Flagship - 2 TSA fees and 2 TSA credits, both are AU.
rLnBBuzl.png

(yes, I watermarked my image in case it gets shared)
Thank You for this. I PC'd my cashRewards a couple weeks ago and added my wife as an AU. We are planning on doing Pre sometime next month and even though Navy said it would work, I had not seen anything from people that had actually done it.

Good but annoying news today - my husband was auto approved for the Barclay Aviator Biz tonight with a $16k limit. His application was almost exactly like mine that was DENIED yesterday except he had $7k in income from his ebay business (I had $24k last year). All our cards are exactly the same, household income the same, his credit score maybe 2-3 points less than mine. Oh, he has an extra Banana Republic card from December! He's the one with a stash of points so that works great for this card but it does bother me. Anyways, will wait for my letter to see reason for denial and proceed with AmEx Plat and CIP2 for me.
See they should change there name to Bar-cray because everything about how they decide who gets there cards is cray-cray.....

Happy weekend everyone!

You should be good - was just an automated process when I called to activate mine.

Thank you, I failed to mention I am fine and not in the flooding path. However there are MANY who are not that fortunate and have had to leave everything behind in a moments notice when the levee was breached this afternoon.
We’re having some flooding here too but nothing like that. We have roads closed and I’ve read on the news of people being helped out of their cars in the water. Some schools around here have been getting out early/late starts because their roads are under water.

Another SW release and another day of disappointment that I can't find any direct flights :sad2:. Looks like I will be using JetBlue for my October trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter