I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Checked my car rental for Colorado Springs in about a month. My car is now under $200 for a week. Using URs and just saved 8,000 URs. :cool1:

This is my true budget trip. So far using 7 night cert from Marriott; RR points and SW CP for DS and now the rental car 16,000 URs. So far saving 2,000 out of pocket. We'll just be paying for food, gas and activities.

Quoting myself. Anyone recall? I know Chase will refund AF after it’s posted but I don’t remember if Citi does.

From DoC's website, but this post is from 2015: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/annual-fee-refund-rules-for-each-card-issuer/#Citi

upload_2019-4-6_11-38-10.png

When I called about my CitiBiz AA card, I was told I had 60 days from AF posting to cancel and I may get my AF back. :confused: In the future with Citi, I will lower my CL as low as possible (apparently this is a thing), then a couple weeks later close my card with them before my AF posts.

Last edited:
Does your daughter show? Can't remember if we'd discussed that before!

Yes, she did. A few weeks ago she had a bad fall and had her 3rd concussion in 4 months, so we are on break for at least 6 months. The last concussion was scary and an experience I do not want to repeat (no memory of what happened, vomiting, dizziness, severe headache, sore neck). She's a hunter / jumper and was competing at the 3'6" to 4' height.

She used to spend her summers traveling with the barn to KY, NC, GA, etc. Winters are spent in Wellington, FL for the WEF circuit. That's on pause for now. The barn is trying to sell the horse (on my behalf) currently -- I think he's just too powerful for her. He's young and very athletic so he should go quickly.

What do you ride / show in?

Is anyone working on any bank bonuses at the moment? DH and I are working on the Wells Fargo checking $400 bonus after 3 months of $3k direct deposit. DH is using his paycheck to meet. My paycheck is a pain to modify so I’m trying out ACH from my Fidelity cash account. Just curious to hear what others are working on.

I'm also working on a WF, but a $200 one that I'm doing 3 months of debit card transactions instead. Decided against the hassle of trying to work out 3 months of 3k deposits. Although in a twist, I just saw an ad for that $400 bonus in the wild today. I've never seen a bank bonus just pop up anywhere, I've always gone looking for it. Still not enough to make me want to go for it though.

P2 has the $300 Chase Biz checking going, completed the 5 debit transactions and now just waiting for the bonus to post in a couple weeks. Also just opened the Citizens one for $600. Got a nice instant approval so he updated his DD already to go there and hopefully we'll trigger that next pay... then just wait (they're not paying out until July for accounts opened in April) We really need a smiley drumming his fingers for all the waiting that happens in this game :laughing:

Is anyone working on any bank bonuses at the moment? DH and I are working on the Wells Fargo checking $400 bonus after 3 months of $3k direct deposit. DH is using his paycheck to meet. My paycheck is a pain to modify so I’m trying out ACH from my Fidelity cash account. Just curious to hear what others are working on.

I am looking at bank bonuses. I did PNC earlier this year. Right now I am cleaning up my accounts and closing the ones I no longer need. Not sure why but that proved longer than I thought it would take. Thinking of going for the PNC bonus for DH next. PNC is nice as DD triggers with a push from Chase. Missed out on any CC funding of PNC. Oh well, things keep changing and just have to play by the rules that are in place at the moment.
After PNC, I'll try for Wells Fargo if it is still around. DOC site lists July as the end date.

Oh, how strange, I could even see my picture in your quote. I only am on FB to be in sewing and fabric groups. Even that can be a bit much sometimes! You should definitely sew for your trip next year, especially if your family is still willing to dress up! I'll try again with the picture:

My DD would love that dress, very cute.

We're working on both the WF checking $400 bonus and the Chase checking + savings $600.

Ran into a little frustration with the Chase one, with their fraud team wanting to verify the large transfer from Barclays. Have to take care of that early this week since it requires a three-way call between Chase and Barclays. Not that I'm complaining much, I understand the importance of verifying new accounts and transfers. But we're depositing $15k so I'm anxious to get the clock started so I can put it back in better account once the bonus posts.

I am looking at bank bonuses. I did PNC earlier this year. Right now I am cleaning up my accounts and closing the ones I no longer need. Not sure why but that proved longer than I thought it would take. Thinking of going for the PNC bonus for DH next. PNC is nice as DD triggers with a push from Chase. Missed out on any CC funding of PNC. Oh well, things keep changing and just have to play by the rules that are in place at the moment.
After PNC, I'll try for Wells Fargo if it is still around. DOC site lists July as the end date.

**Editing to avoid any confusion. A post further down confirms cc funding is no longer possible and codes as cash advance :(

I love PNC since you can fund up to $2k on credit card. I’ve used it to meet many chase sign up bonuses. We always put a lot of day to day organic spend on the cards as well so it doesn’t look totally out of place and also to meet the rest of the minimum spend.

Last edited:
Another question. Many years ago I was big into buying visa gc either online or at an office supply store and even sometimes Kroger and Simon Mall and then cashing out at Meijer or Walmart for money orders. I have a lot of bank accounts and would spread the deposits around so I didn’t burn out a specific bank. I’d usually do no more than $5k a month. I know there are a lot more restrictions in place but I was wondering if anyone is still using these methods and if there are new risks I should be looking out for? I plan to take some time reading the latest FT forum on Walmart MOs as well - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/man...48700-buying-money-orders-walmart-2019-a.html

I love PNC since you can fund up to $2k on credit card. I’ve used it to meet many chase sign up bonuses. We always put a lot of day to day organic spend on the cards as well so it doesn’t look totally out of place and also to meet the rest of the minimum spend.
It no longer works. Only goes through as cash advance since mid-March.

I believe DoC is reporting that as of very recently, they are now coding as cash advances :(

Someone help me remember... do AA miles from the Citi cards post when the statement closes, or just within X number of days after meeting MSR. Met MSR on DH’s card on 4/3, statement closed yesterday 4/5. Might’ve been too close.
You should be able to look at your statement - if they are listed there, you're going to get them soon. If they aren't listed there then you are waiting a month.

Not specifically directed at you but in general - if you wonder if partner points are going to post for Chase or Citi you can usually just check the statement to see. They'll post a few days thereafter then. (AMEX is a whole different conundrum I won't get into - checking the statement there may not help).

Well "loved" it at least, probably not so much any more now that it's coding as CA - and a sneaky one at that where most cards it pends as a purchase but then have posted as a CA bypassing the CA limits on the card.

Unfortunately confirmed by one of our own with a little insider knowledge - @SouthFayetteFan's Insider Scoop (could be there's a reason he's the benevolent dictator :laughing:)

Edit: and I'm late to the game, I see your edit and the other replies. :) don't have the mad DIS search hookup like @Lain … or I got distracted by a squirrel...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter