I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.

So you and SO are sitting on close to a million MR? :teacher:
968,000 and change lol
Wow. Well, there’s your DVC payment. I’m sitting on just shy of only 650k MR earned in the past year and a half or so since my last redemption.

And here I am pretty impressed after hubby mentioned he's up to 60k now. Between the two of us we're this close to a personal best of having 85k total! :laughing:

What are folks buying from eBags? I know they have luggage and travel accessories and clothing, just curious if there’s something I should be looking at :)

So for folks wondering what to buy from Ebags, yes they sell clothes, and I wanted to add that they also carry a really wide assortment of Fjällräven backpacks that are (apparently) super popular with kids and millennials nowadays. I bought a nice pink Kanken backpack for my kiddo last year. I also bought a nice Tumi billfold wallet for myself last year that has 10 card slots and 4 hidden slots. So there’s a lot on there. I’m still waiting for the portals to offer 20% back though.

Hmmm... finally time to order the little toiletry bag I was looking at, especially since I can use it next week (!)

Now I'm debating if we need another mother lode backpack... DH ended up with the professional flight backpack for work travel plus just as his day to day work bag. Now I feel like we just need a second backpack because it would be silly to empty all of his work stuff for personal travel.

Do you have the regular Mother Lode or the Junior? Just got the Junior over the weekend. I'm hoping it fits under the seat. Was reading reviews and watching YouTube videos. It's so hard to know if something will work out without trying it out! Got a flat toiletry bag too. Had a $10 eBags credit that was expiring, plus TopCashback was at 18%, plus the AmEx offer (even had it on the Bonvoy Biz that I'm working on MSR).

I'm on a travel accessory shopping spree. Just bought a foldable duffel on Amazon to use on a camping trip with DS's school. Figure it'll be handy to have on other trips as a backup bag.

Have a bunch of stuff I need to buy for our Iceland/Scotland trip too. Jackets with hood (will probably go with Patagonia), pants, hiking shoes - all need to be water resistant.

As promised here is a quick Spring Break Aruba trip report.
We booked this trip in February so only about 6 weeks before our trip. I booked our flights through the CSR UR Portal. I could have transferred points to Jet Blue and paid with less points, but the taxes and fees were high so I decided to just the portal. Total cost for airfare was about $2620 so we used 174,908 UR points. We each earned over 1000 miles True Blue points for our points. I love family pooling on Jet Blue! We also love flying Jet Blue. I feel like the seats are comfortable and the televisions are reliable. I love that they give you as many snacks and drinks as you want. We have always had good experiences with them.
We decided to rent a car so we could have more flexibility exploring the island. We rented from Drive 4 Cheap and it was $195 for our 6 days. They met us right outside the airport we signed a few papers and we were on our way. It was so easy and I would definitely use them again!
We stayed our first night at the Renaissance Aruba Resort. The resort is 35,000 points and I had a free night certificate from my Marriott Bonvoy card. This resort is actually 2 hotels the Marina which is adults only and the Ocean Suites. Because we have kids we stayed in the Ocean Suites and there was an extra $102.50 charge. We really enjoyed staying here. It is really close to the airport and has lots of shopping and restaurants nearby. They also have a private island with flamingos which was our main motivation staying here. (I feel conflicted about this because I know their wings are clipped, but once my kids saw pictures it was a must do.) The island is beautiful and we spent a fun day there. The pools at the hotel were good too and their happy hour has $4 drinks and $2.50 smoothies for the kids which was fantastic.
The next 5 nights we stayed at the Aruba Marriott Stellaris. It is 50,000 points per night and with the 5th night free we used 200,000 points. There wasn't any extra resort or parking fees which was nice. This resort is located in the high rise section of the island on Palm Beach. The hotel is great and even though I think we must have had the worst views in the hotel (they checked for an upgrade, but said there wasn't anything available) I loved our location. We could get from our room to the pool in 1 minute and only another 2 minute walk to the beach! It is busy and if you want a seat by the pool in the shade you need to be down fairly early. They have an online system to reserve a Palapa on the beach which worked out really well for us one day. You have to be on the resort at 4:00 to reserve for the next day so it's not super convenient, but if you are there it is easy to do. The pool was fun with waterfalls, a volleyball net and a bar in the pool. The beach was gorgeous with white sand and warm water.
We also used 19,200 UR points to go snorkeling with the Jolly Pirates one morning. This was one of the highlights of our trip. The workers were fun, there was an open bar, the snorkeling was meh, but the rope swing was awesome.
We rented a jeep to explore the other side of the island one day. We rented from More 4 Less for $160 for the day. You need a 4x4 to get to the natural pool in Arikok National Park and it was an awesome day. We visited the donkey sanctuary, went off roading down to the natural pool and visited the caves.
The rest of the time we spent at the pools and the beach. We went parasailing right from the Marriott beach and walked to dinner most nights. Because we have kids we didn't do as many nice dinners as we would like, but we enjoyed the Bugaloe Beach Bar and Moomba's Bar was fun also.
This was such a fun Spring Break and it was a fun and easy island to explore with kids. Let me know if anyone has any questions!

I loved the trip we took to Aruba last year. I can’t say I’m a real brave traveler but I felt very safe there. I’m hoping to return some day with my granddaughter. Aruba is only about 1.5x the size of WDW. I don’t think I would be comfortable driving there but taxis are easy and reasonable.

@Lain made me go look. I've not shopped at ebags ever. Up popped a 25% off first order offer.

Their coupons/sales usually have have lots of brand exclusions so check that. I do like when Ebags adds a free $10 rewards credit (generally, no exclusions) to my account every now and then — just have to use it before it expires and hope the stars align with an Amex Offer and 20% on the shopping portals.

Do you have the regular Mother Lode or the Junior? Just got the Junior over the weekend. I'm hoping it fits under the seat. Was reading reviews and watching YouTube videos. It's so hard to know if something will work out without trying it out! Got a flat toiletry bag too. Had a $10 eBags credit that was expiring, plus TopCashback was at 18%, plus the AmEx offer (even had it on the Bonvoy Biz that I'm working on MSR).

I'm on a travel accessory shopping spree. Just bought a foldable duffel on Amazon to use on a camping trip with DS's school. Figure it'll be handy to have on other trips as a backup bag.

Have a bunch of stuff I need to buy for our Iceland/Scotland trip too. Jackets with hood (will probably go with Patagonia), pants, hiking shoes - all need to be water resistant.
I got the Junior. Mainly because I want to fit it under the seat. I'm replacing this backpack: https://www.amazon.com/Sierra-Expedition-inch-Cymba-Backpack/dp/B01LYSBKWL
Next week will be my big test for it for a 5 day trip :) I was aiming for similar size-ish, I can try to pass it off as a personal item if need-be, but pack better/easier. Though we got good use out of the Sierra bags - I got two at Goodwill for $6 each. They were Target clearance items that got sent there. We've taken them on every trip including our wedding/honeymoon since Jan 2017. DH did take the JR once on a work trip so far and fit it under the seat.

What toiletry bag did you get? I'm debating between a couple.

Their coupons/sales usually have have lots of brand exclusions so check that. I do like when Ebags adds a free $10 rewards credit (generally, no exclusions) to my account every now and then — just have to use it before it expires and hope the stars align with an Amex Offer and 20% on the shopping portals.
Yeah, I have the $10 credit too...guess who is going to spend money today she wasn't planning to LOL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter