I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staying at BWV and getting the Regular Dining Plan. We seem to always stay with the same old places - but we know we like them. Doing BOG Lunch, Cape May, Garden Grill, 50's PT, Yak N Yeti (didn't make ADR, will use Landry's card), Ohana's and Via Napoli. Also have Tony's Town Square but debating on whether to keep this one or just do another counter service at MK and then do Sci-Fi also at HS. We have never done Tony's and seems it gets mixed reviews.. This trip will be Me and DS20 and DD18.

Good to know about eating midway during KTTK Tour. Then I can keep our Ohanas ADR time.

Nice list! Although I will say two major thumbs down on Tony's from me. We ate there in 2015 and it was definitely the most disappointing meal of our trip. Food was mediocre and service was really subpar.

Since I live in Louisiana, this is literally all I have seen and heard about since last night.

We get new bands for every trip, plus we have our AP bands so we have different colors. We like to swap out the puck inside with other bands to have multiple colors sometimes, like for Christmas we did green and red. I've been keeping them to make this wreath. Still have lots hanging around that need to be added, then I'll hang it on the wall over my desk
.View attachment 377289

I have a Silhouette Cameo and a heat press. DH got it for me right after we had our DS and I use it for tons of projects. I've made decorations for pretty much all of DS's parties and make shirts (Disney and others) all the time. My heat press has been a game changer. We did these group shirts for a trip this past October. I know the text may be a bit hard to read in the pic, but we got tons of comments on these.
View attachment 377295

We did KTTK in September. I don't recall the exact time, but our lunch was definitely during the tour and IIRC it was between the two attractions we visited.

Thermoflex is my go-to for vinyl, but I'll use Siser as well. I agree that smaller/thinner pieces of vinyl tend to make better designs for comfort. We'd done a few with bigger Mickey heads and DH thought it made the shirt stiffer (and hotter as they were worn during a summer trip). Those shirts did not wash well either.

Liking the format of this new thread. I was a little nervous at first when I went to catch up on the old one and saw I couldn't comment, but quickly realized what had happened. Had a busy weekend so we're already on page 55 on this new one before I even had time to post. In CC related news, I just finished MSR on my SW Plus last week and received my SW Biz Friday. Hoping to finish up MSR on that one quickly to get CP so I can add DH to a flight we have booked for April. Not much else going on for me on the CC front right now.

That wreath will be an awesome decoration!

Last edited:

Nice list! Although I will say two major thumbs down on Tony's from me. We ate there in 2015 and it was definitely the most disappointing meal of our trip. Food was mediocre and service was really subpar.
That was the only meal I wish we'd cancelled on our honeymoon trip... but DH still thinks it was great.

That's what I'm afraid of. Then I see the reviews where things have changed over there and now it is a great place to go.... (how can you mess up Italian??)

I'm in the same exact boat! We're CIP/C app twins haha.

If it goes to 7-10 days thats probably a bad sign. 2 weeks is good!
Awesome! I consulted the flow chart and that's what I'm hoping for. That CIP bonus is amazing. BTW what is all the talk about an EIN with the CIP? Do you need one now or am I missing something/ reading something wrong? I skipped a bunch of pages when we went on vacation recently and trying to figure out if I missed something. We got CIPs in 2018 and didn't need one.

Well since I am 12 pages behind at 3pm :chat::rotfl2:

:offtopic: DD GOT HER DCP ASSIGNMENT!!!!! She is working at Tomorrowland terrace...which I think means lots of dessert parties. Can you imagine looking up at the fireworks from your job!? What? Dream come true!:yay:pixiedust:

That is so fun... DD really wants to do DCP but don't think they have a program for Nursing students. (Hospital and Hospitality are very close). What all Majors are your kids doing to get into this program? Are they pretty much all the same or are there different Majors they can do?

Awesome! I consulted the flow chart and that's what I'm hoping for. That CIP bonus is amazing. BTW what is all the talk about an EIN with the CIP? Do you need one now or am I missing something/ reading something wrong? I skipped a bunch of pages when we went on vacation recently and trying to figure out if I missed something. We got CIPs in 2018 and didn't need one.
Thats what I am hoping for! Get the 80,000 and transfer to my stock on the CSR.

The EIN talk is people applying for a second CIP with EIN if they have a business rather than a "business." Basically self referring from the SSN CIP to an EIN CIP app and getting an additional 105,000 UR! Most recently @Lain and @SouthFayetteFan were discussing the possibility of applying with referral from SSN CIP with SSN again, but removing (or adding) the middle initial. There are some DPs out there showing it could work.

@StephPlum @palhockeymomof2 @Alexle2007 @Happy814

I know there was discussion of the Vera Bradley weekender bag and luggage the other day.

Vera Bradley Outlet is having a 30% off sale on top of already discounted prices. I just got my mom a microfiber black bag, wallet, and change purse for $54.63. There is a regular weekender out there for $27.65 before tax.

Thanks for the update....I have so many Vera Bradley items in my closet from when my daughter worked there it’s crazy...will probably list some on eBay
If anyone has a store close by and kids looking for a part-time job they paid and treated her really well...lots of employee benefits too

Thats what I am hoping for! Get the 80,000 and transfer to my stock on the CSR.

The EIN talk is people applying for a second CIP with EIN if they have a business rather than a "business." Basically self referring from the SSN CIP to an EIN CIP app and getting an additional 105,000 UR! Most recently @Lain and @SouthFayetteFan were discussing the possibility of applying with referral from SSN CIP with SSN again, but removing (or adding) the middle initial. There are some DPs out there showing it could work.
Ohhhhhh got it. Thanks!

Yeah, definitely not a surprise... lol.

I used the online H&R Block software last year and hated it, so I'm back to Turbo Tax this year. Though I am really looking forward to doing our taxes this year. We set both our withholdings to 0 last year out of concern over the new tax laws. We file separately and it looks like DH is going to get a ton of money back.
I'm behind....like SO behind. But I want to jump into this part of the conversation because I have expertise for once! I'm entering my 11th tax season and I can count on one hand the times I've seen separate be advantageous over filing together (if legally married and you have the option to file jointly). Any good software/accountant will compare MFJ vs MFS and determine which is better.

That is so fun... DD really wants to do DCP but don't think they have a program for Nursing students. (Hospital and Hospitality are very close). What all Majors are your kids doing to get into this program? Are they pretty much all the same or are there different Majors they can do?
Major doesn't matter at all. My daughter is hoping to become a pharmaceutical sales rep. Major business and minor marketing. It looks good on anyone's resume to do DCP. :)

Major doesn't matter at all. My daughter is hoping to become a pharmaceutical sales rep. Major business and minor marketing. It looks good on anyone's resume to do DCP. :)

Really... I thought they all had to be in the hospitality trade. So, how does that work. Do they just take a semester off from school to do this? Not sure if this would work with Nursing Program as I think they all have to take certain classes together the last 2 years and then she would be behind.... May have to study up on this. She would love this... Do they do Summer schedules at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter