I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to figure out if I should apply for another biz card. I will be back under 5/24 in several months and want to try for CIP and/or MDD. I have some bills coming up before then, just over 5k, that can be paid with cc. It seems like a good opportunity to meet a spend on a new card. I'm in 1P mode if that matters and my last few apps have been getting small credit lines. Here are my dates:

01/17 Amex Starwood (closed)
02/17 Chase Sapphire Preferred (bonus 4/15)
03/17 Chase IHG (pc'd to no fee card)
04/17 Chase Freedom
04/17 Cap One Spark Cash
06/17 Barclay ArrivalPlus (pc'd to arrival)
06/17 Amex Delta Gold Biz
11/17 Barclay JetBlue Plus (closed)
12/17 Bank of America Premium
03/18 Chase Marriot Biz
03/18 Amex Starwood Biz
05/18 Barclaycard JetBlue Biz
09/18 Bank of America Biz Advantage
11/18 Amex Blue Biz Plus

I'm going to head to reddit to see the news thread and catch up. We are still here at WDW. It has been awful. Worst trip ever. :sad: Sigh.

Started with my moms flight being delayed so we waited at the airport for 2 hours for her. I didn't want to leave for the resort without her, since she doesn't travel ever. Finally got to bed after 1am.
Sunday was pouring rain and cold so we opted to skip the parks and went to Ikea to get stuff for DDs apartment. Did the Snow White dinner that night. It was really good but DD3 was scared of grumpy...and I mean terrified. She wouldn't get off our laps the whole meal and kept looking over her shoulder. Best Disney pic ever of her impersonating evil queen though:
View attachment 379032

Then we woke up that night about 1am to DD3 vomiting. Over and over. No sleep. Around 7am it ended up in my hair, so we had to get up and shower. It was Monday morning now and DD19s move in day. How was that going to work since I was the driver on the car?? My mom ended up staying with hattie while she slept and I drove DD19 to the apartment to get checked in. I left her there and went back to get my mom and DD3. Well DD3 had a bit more energy after her nap so we went to Walmart for more stuff. More vomiting ensued. Then DD3 was acting like she was a normal kid. Had to return the rental at 4pm at dolphin so then took dd3 for another nap. We were still holding out hope of going to after hours at MK....12 hour bug??? She napped 4-6pm and woke up with a fever and miserable. Sigh. I went to the desk and they were kind enough to refund my tickets. Overnight last night was rough. She spiked such a high temp and Motrin wasn't even helping. I Finally at 3am I got her up and put her in the tub to cool her down. We both slept a few hours after that. Woke up this morning with no new fever. Went down to breakfast and she vomits again and feels like her temp is creeping up. Double sigh. So we've been in the room all ay. She is sleeping and DD19 is getting dressed to go to casting. We are supposed to go home tomorrow.
I am considering adding a night or two since SWA is allowing flight changes for free. Waiting to see if DD feels better this evening. If so, I will add them so we can have some park time tomorrow and Thursday at least. If not, we will go home as planned and come back in a few weeks. I guess the plus side is our APs aren't activated yet since we haven't been to a park, so they will last long on the back end than planned. :)

ETA: Oh and we have had plumbing issues, DD19's and my mom's ticket have disappeared from MDE even though they weren't used and concierge reassigned them to new dates for me, and the app has been awful this trip. Maybe I should just go home and try again another time. :scared:

Oh no! That sounds awful! My entire party of 5 got some sort of gastrointestinal bug the last time we were at WDW. DD was 2, she got it first and probably gave it to all of us.

Hope your DD gets better soon and everyone else stay healthy!!

I'm going to head to reddit to see the news thread and catch up. We are still here at WDW. It has been awful. Worst trip ever. :sad: Sigh.

Started with my moms flight being delayed so we waited at the airport for 2 hours for her. I didn't want to leave for the resort without her, since she doesn't travel ever. Finally got to bed after 1am.
Sunday was pouring rain and cold so we opted to skip the parks and went to Ikea to get stuff for DDs apartment. Did the Snow White dinner that night. It was really good but DD3 was scared of grumpy...and I mean terrified. She wouldn't get off our laps the whole meal and kept looking over her shoulder. Best Disney pic ever of her impersonating evil queen though:
View attachment 379032

Then we woke up that night about 1am to DD3 vomiting. Over and over. No sleep. Around 7am it ended up in my hair, so we had to get up and shower. It was Monday morning now and DD19s move in day. How was that going to work since I was the driver on the car?? My mom ended up staying with hattie while she slept and I drove DD19 to the apartment to get checked in. I left her there and went back to get my mom and DD3. Well DD3 had a bit more energy after her nap so we went to Walmart for more stuff. More vomiting ensued. Then DD3 was acting like she was a normal kid. Had to return the rental at 4pm at dolphin so then took dd3 for another nap. We were still holding out hope of going to after hours at MK....12 hour bug??? She napped 4-6pm and woke up with a fever and miserable. Sigh. I went to the desk and they were kind enough to refund my tickets. Overnight last night was rough. She spiked such a high temp and Motrin wasn't even helping. I Finally at 3am I got her up and put her in the tub to cool her down. We both slept a few hours after that. Woke up this morning with no new fever. Went down to breakfast and she vomits again and feels like her temp is creeping up. Double sigh. So we've been in the room all ay. She is sleeping and DD19 is getting dressed to go to casting. We are supposed to go home tomorrow.
I am considering adding a night or two since SWA is allowing flight changes for free. Waiting to see if DD feels better this evening. If so, I will add them so we can have some park time tomorrow and Thursday at least. If not, we will go home as planned and come back in a few weeks. I guess the plus side is our APs aren't activated yet since we haven't been to a park, so they will last long on the back end than planned. :)

ETA: Oh and we have had plumbing issues, DD19's and my mom's ticket have disappeared from MDE even though they weren't used and concierge reassigned them to new dates for me, and the app has been awful this trip. Maybe I should just go home and try again another time. :scared:

Oh no -- hoping your LO feels better soon.

The Snow White dinner reminds me of our very first trip to WDW when my oldest was 4. Our first park was MK and one of our first rides was Snow White. Major mistake. The moment the wicked witch popped out, he screamed and put his head down -- didn't pick it up until the ride was over. And then didn't want to go on any more rides because they might have witches.

@DisneyMandC , I recently got DH the SPG Biz and he didn't have any Marriott or SPG prior. I liked the no AF first year and not counting toward 5/24.

Speaking of DH and his cards, I also need some help deciding what to do next. I'm having FOMO over the SPG personal for him. I could refer him from mine, but obviously that would take up a 5/24 spot. Planning Hawaii end of 2020 and want to use Marriott points (currently have 375,000). Not really interested in the Lux. I will be keeping my SPG personal and Biz this year for two 35k free nights.

He is currently 2/24. recent cards are:
07/18 CIP
10/18 SPG Biz
12/18 CIC

I definitely need to leave room open for a SW personal and SW biz toward the end of the year so we can have CP in 2020 (I currently have one until end of 2019). I LOVE Southwest. Had to say it, again. :D

My CSR, which I love, is coming up on a year in May. Debating downgrading mine and getting one for DH, or maybe get him CSP. I like URs better than MRs and don't really plan to get him into MRs right now.

I was denied Barclay Arrival Plus, but if DH gets it we could use the SUB (ugh cant believe I'm using that one) for DD and/or DH tickets for our fall trip to WDW.

Help me decide!! lol
ETA: I need more Southwest RRs! I just used the last of mine booking a weekend trip to Universal. I need more before DH will have them from his two cards. This might factor into which card to get DH next, if I can get RRs out of it somehow. I have some Citi TY points but haven't tried to transfer them to Southwest yet. I read that it can be a mess if you need to cancel the flight.

Last edited:

View attachment 379032

Sorry you're having such a rough trip! I hope your DD feels better and no one else gets sick!

@DisneyMandC , I recently got DH the SPG Biz and he didn't have any Marriott or SPG prior. I liked the no AF first year and not counting toward 5/24.

That's kind of what I'm leaning towards. We might be able to get our money's worth out of the Luxe, but I doubt it would be worth it for us. I feel like I should just go with the SPG Biz and Hilton Biz for him and call it a day.

Just cancelled my SW Biz card. Not sure why it was so hard to actually cancel! I rec'd a retention offer of $100 but I currently have 3 Chase biz cards and wanted to open up a spot to apply for a CIU or CIC in Feb. Planning to churn the SW cards next year anyway so this will help me be able to apply sooner since I won't have to wait for the anniversary points to post and then cancelling and waiting a month.

View attachment 379032

Bless it!! So sorry to hear that....that does sound awful. Hoping she feels better and no one else catches it. At least you will be back soon!

View attachment 379032

Oh no..poor little one...hope she’s feeling better soon...

I'm trying to figure out if I should apply for another biz card. I will be back under 5/24 in several months and want to try for CIP and/or MDD. I have some bills coming up before then, just over 5k, that can be paid with cc. It seems like a good opportunity to meet a spend on a new card. I'm in 1P mode if that matters and my last few apps have been getting small credit lines. Here are my dates:

01/17 Amex Starwood (closed)
02/17 Chase Sapphire Preferred (bonus 4/15)
03/17 Chase IHG (pc'd to no fee card)
04/17 Chase Freedom
04/17 Cap One Spark Cash
06/17 Barclay ArrivalPlus (pc'd to arrival)
06/17 Amex Delta Gold Biz
11/17 Barclay JetBlue Plus (closed)
12/17 Bank of America Premium
03/18 Chase Marriot Biz
03/18 Amex Starwood Biz
05/18 Barclaycard JetBlue Biz
09/18 Bank of America Biz Advantage
11/18 Amex Blue Biz Plus

If I were you I’d apply for the CIP...since you have the MSR convered...easy 80,000 URs

My CSR, which I love, is coming up on a year in May. Debating downgrading mine and getting one for DH, or maybe get him CSP. I like URs better than MRs and don't really plan to get him into MRs right now.

If you can double dip the travel credit, it would be better for you to downgrade and get your DH the CSR. If not, then I think it comes out the same?

View attachment 379032

Wow, this is terrible. So sorry for you and yours. Hang in there. Hope your return trip makes up for all of this.
Great pic!

View attachment 379032

Oh no! How awful. I’m so sorry. I’ve been so excited to hear how things were going for y’all. Praying Hattie feels better this evening!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter