I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is DCA or BWI a possibility for you? Both have direct flights to MCO. DCA is more limited in their flights than BWI which is a SW hub. But SW has been running some terrific fares out of DCA to compete with JetBlue.
Possibly Bwi is about 2hours to 2 1/2 from us. We live in the Virginia mountains so I was trying to weigh extra time in car vs cost. We normally drive. Which is scary now
It took us like six extra hours to get home in November.

Well, it's done..... P2 apped for and got(November) the SWA Biz, SWA pers.,CIP,WoH and now today the Barcs AA..... he's 6/24 right now, and in spite of some advice to the contrary I've decided to cool his heels with Chase for a while(rather than go for another cc before the last app cools) so I dipped my toes onto the grAAvy train..... I think no matter how I end up using those AA miles they're low hanging fruit....(easy flight to HI)
QUESTION..... WWYD? I'm 5/24 till May/June. Should I go for the AA too?(right now) or hold off and possibly get another Chase product?
I'm not sure I could get another right now, but maybe. I already have the CSR which is my main card,and points aggregator..... debating..... is it smarter in the long run to leave a slot open for possible CIP referral from P2 in June?

For us URs are more valuable than AA miles....so I’d think it depends on which you would get more use out of

For us URs are more valuable than AA miles....so I’d think it depends on which you would get more use out of
probably UR's ..... AA is more like "wow! free points!":thumbsup2 I'll hold off on the extra AA app for me,maybe go CIP rouute in June and then more AA if the wind is blowing in the right direction.... now off to start PNC accts.... any replies to my last question which was - open PNC in my own name? so I can use my CIP empl. card to fund(and it'll count towards MSR?) or just do P2 acct..... I'm gonna do a basic checking and saving for this occasion- ETA ----tell me if this makes sense...... IF I can use my empl. card to hit MSR via pnc(if it counts) then I should open in my name for that purpose, and then I can open P2 his own 2 accts to make that WoH MSR easy (since it's only the one card in P2 name there)

Last edited:
Getting ready to "run" an 8k for a medal I got at bib pick up with 25k of my closest friends to say hello to the tunnel and goodbye to the viaduct. Best freeway views in the country looking over the sound. There's 14 corrals and they'll be 6 min apart hence the "run" for the other runners here. Doesn't seem like it'll spread things out enough when it's not quite 5 miles but we'll see.

probably UR's ..... AA is more like "wow! free points!":thumbsup2 I'll hold off on the extra AA app for me,maybe go CIP rouute in June and then more AA if the wind is blowing in the right direction.... now off to start PNC accts.... any replies to my last question which was - open PNC in my own name? so I can use my CIP empl. card to fund(and it'll count towards MSR?) or just do P2 acct..... I'm gonna do a basic checking and saving for this occasion-

I’ve never done any bank bonuses so no help...sorry.....

Well, it's done..... P2 apped for and got(November) the SWA Biz, SWA pers.,CIP,WoH and now today the Barcs AA..... he's 6/24 right now, and in spite of some advice to the contrary I've decided to cool his heels with Chase for a while(rather than go for another cc before the last app cools) so I dipped my toes onto the grAAvy train..... I think no matter how I end up using those AA miles they're low hanging fruit....(easy flight to HI)
QUESTION..... WWYD? I'm 5/24 till May/June. Should I go for the AA too?(right now) or hold off and possibly get another Chase product?
I'm not sure I could get another right now, but maybe. I already have the CSR which is my main card,and points aggregator..... debating..... is it smarter in the long run to leave a slot open for possible CIP referral from P2 in June?

What about the Citi Biz AA? Won't add to 5/24.

Has anyone used the DirecTV Chase offer of $40 back? It says for new approved customers only, but wondering if paying monthly bill will trigger it?

Is there a way to get a replacement card for AmEx online? I was chatting with the rep and he said I'd have to request a duplicate card in my name for the account. I don't want to accidentally add another card. I was wanting to get another copy of my Ascend to give to DH to use. I've been able to get duplicate cards from Chase via SM and then we both have a copy of the card. Or is this just another way AmEx is being a pain??

Is there a way to get a replacement card for AmEx online? I was chatting with the rep and he said I'd have to request a duplicate card in my name for the account. I don't want to accidentally add another card. I was wanting to get another copy of my Ascend to give to DH to use. I've been able to get duplicate cards from Chase via SM and then we both have a copy of the card. Or is this just another way AmEx is being a pain??

Log into your Amex account, at the top nav bar click Account Services > Order a Replacement Card for Damaged, Lost, or Stolen Cards > Damaged Card (Your damaged Card will be reissued with the same Card number and you can continue using your existing Card until the replacement arrives.) > Enter the 3-digit CSC > Answer your security question > Confirm Shipping.

ETA: Pretty sure Amex disables the old card shortly after you confirm receipt of the replacement card, so your plan may not work. If you add DH as an AU on the Ascend, it will show up as a new account on his credit report. One thing you could do is add your Ascend to DH's phone's mobile wallet (Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, Google Pay) and he could use that where it's accepted, but mobile wallet adoption is still limited.

Thanks for reminding me! I needed to order a replacement for my SPG Lux before all our beautiful Starwood Purple cards get converted over to Barfworthy Bonvoy. I don't care if the Bonvoy Barfiful will be metal; it's UGLY.

Last edited:
Possibly Bwi is about 2hours to 2 1/2 from us. We live in the Virginia mountains so I was trying to weigh extra time in car vs cost. We normally drive. Which is scary now
It took us like six extra hours to get home in November.

How far are you from Richmond? Southwest just announced direct flights to MCO starting in august, but the direct flights are only on saturdays.

How far are you from Richmond? Southwest just announced direct flights to MCO starting in august, but the direct flights are only on saturdays.

Really??? This is great! Do you know what days they will go direct back from MCO to RIC?

I'm pretty sure that Faneuill Hall is what I meant when I mentioned a historical marketplace. I couldn't remember the name. It was on the Freedom Trail. Also, at the end of the trail or thereabouts there is an old ship you can tour. Really old military sailing ship - I think it's the USS Constitution. We walked there then took a ferry back to the city center. I'm sorry I don't recall the details... it's been a few years, but we thought Boston was a great place to tour.

I sailed on the Constitution on July 4, 1989. Of course at that time she didn't sail under her own power but was towed out into Boston Harbor, as she was for a number of years prior.

At that time, USS Constitution was under the control of the Navy Historical Center located at Washington Navy Yard, and each year servicemen and members of the society got a chance to get tickets for the special 'sailing/towing'. About 400? people were aboard if I remember correctly, politicians and dignitaries plus us families and service members. It has been one of the high lights of my life to be aboard such a historical icon. I have my paperwork from the day with the certificate stating my name and that I was a passenger that day.

Been up to my ears in family as they have returned from Colorado and there are numerous doctors appointments as well as caring for the family. I'm on my 'day off' 10am until bedtime, as someone else fills in. Trying to relax and skim the boards, but won't get caught up. And all are doing well and getting around via walkers and crutches.

I think @LuckyMamaInDE and @Alexle2007 are planning trips to Australia, and @tink1970 and @usakiwi may be looking into it?

@calypso726 posted some ideas in the old thread, which you might've seen: https://www.disboards.com/threads/i-love-credit-cards-so-much.3528202/page-3148#post-60007858

I'm been flagging all those posts. But I keep reading the issue is seat availability, even if the awards are theoretically possible to get. That's a flight I'm not willing to take in coach (I've done it before, but that was when coach seats were not as tight as they are now).

I'm not sure if there are fewer flights or the issue is getting them all to line up on the right days. It's all hypothetical now, but I was reading online and checking different routes online, but then read that the award seats are really tough to get. Plus direct flights are so much easier in terms of not missing connections and all that fun stuff.

I am not sure. When DH and I went in 2000 on Quantas, it was direct from LAX to SYD and back. We didn’t actually mind the 11-12 hr flight. The hardest part was just the connection in LAX since we flew SW from BWI, had to get our luggage and book it to the International terminal and check-in for SYD. That was just too hectic. This time I would definitely spend the night in LA going and coming.

Yes, we're planning a trip to Australia in Sept/Oct/Nov 2020 (still considering which month). In fact, I joined this crazy thread to get business-class flights for that trip :-)

Because we were starting from scratch, I focused on Chase UR which means that we are looking at United. We live within easy driving/shuttle distance to PHL, EWR, and BWI and could get to JFK and IAD without a problem. I have been looking at award availability on the United site every other week or so and have found decent choices on United and partners when the flights become available. I would prefer to not need a positioning flight on SW but am keeping my options open. The United daily flight from Houston to Sydney looks like a better bet overall than trying to get availability from SFO (which I hardly ever see in J) or LAX.

I think United is easier to find for award availability because it's not considered as nice or fancy as other options. I honestly don't care---I just want a lie-flight seat to get me to/from a place I've been dreaming about visiting :thumbsup2

I'd love to do Australia and New Zealand on the same trip but there is no way dh can take that much time away from his office. As it is, the 3+ weeks I envision are going to be a bit tricky. He'll have to check in with his assistants and the person covering his clients whenever he is able to----the time difference will make that interesting :laughing: New Zealand will have to wait for another time.

There's so much we want to do and see in Australia! Dh really wants to take the Indian Pacific train from Sydney to Perth (holy cow, is that $$$$$). I want to explore Uluru and hike in national parks in Western Australia. The spring wildflowers in WA are intensely gorgeous! We both want to experience the Great Barrier Reef but, since I have deepwater issues, it looks the not-terribly-expensive day trips out to the reef are out and a flying trip to a resort island on the reef are in. It's going to be tricky to get everything scheduled because of the internal flights needed. I have *6* different potential itineraries in my big ol' notebook :coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter