I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re being too good- how about some off topic? 🤣

Anyone catch this Disney lawsuit story today? I just need to do a sanity check... if bugs were in your food would you EVER go back to that restaurant? Because 100% I wouldn’t. (Unless I’d ordered bugs obviously but last I knew they’re not on the Poly Oasis menu 😂 )
They ate there again?!? After already having bugs in their food once?? And did they not notify the restaurant about it? This doesn’t pass the smell test :rolleyes:

Same with my DH. Card didn’t arrive yet, but I plan to put $5000 on it as soon as it does - I have a tuition bill. So, I really don’t mind that it’s not a higher CL. When does the $95 AF hit? Right after the first statement closes?
On my Chase cards the AF hit on the first of the month after the card was opened.....card opened 9/25...AF hit 10/1

Wait. So did he open an Ebates/Rakuten MR earning account without giving up his password? How? I haven't opened one for DH for the same security concerns, I've just been using my regular cash back Ebates account, but I'd like to have a MR earning one.

He did. He gave up when it all started and wasn't even willing to discuss it, but I asked him try one more time and he managed to do it. I don't know what he did differently (I thought maybe they just stopped asking for it) but I am 100% certain he didn't give them that info. He's big into password and online security and he refused to do that.

@platamama beat me to the question! How did he do it without giving them the login? I didn't see a way around it. I agree that it doesn't seem as if they should need it. If Chase and Amex can transfer currency into airline programs without passwords, it should work the other way.

I'm not sure what he did, but I know he didn't give it to them. Not only is it something he refused to set (and I mean set in stone refused) but it's also not something one could easily type up since he uses 1Password, and his browser doesn't have that info to auto fill anything. He said it was different than the first time he tried it.

A friend of ours said he didn't give them his log in info either (that's what finally got DH to try again) but he clicked on a link while he was logged in on his AMEX account. You may have to be logged in to do this.

I don't have an MR earning account since DH referred me and they said I already had an account (not true) so I gave up and just use his Rakuten.

:welcome:BACK!

I missed seeing you around here!

Congratulations on the wedding!

Thanks! :blush:

Feels good to finally be caught up and able to participate. I had to stop liking posts and trying to respond to them, esp some of your well thought out ones, since I was at one point 2-3 weeks behind. :faint:

Excited to contribute here again and post my own DPs on DISchurners.

Hi everyone! I haven’t been checking the boards as life got crazy and I have been working more on selling online.

I was also able to take DD to Seoul recently using points and it was amazing to do this for her with the help of points. I need to start building up my points balance again.

Edited:
Will try to be more active here as I get back on my points building journey!

Last edited:
Another small win for our HI trip 🏝. I was able to retrade one of our studios for a 2BR during our second week. We are only there for 5 days of the second week but it will be nice to have a full kitchen and washer/dryer. Five days from now we’ll be there. Now I have a studio from 12/14-12/21 that we don’t really need. DD2 might see if her BFF wants it.

Same with my DH. Card didn’t arrive yet, but I plan to put $5000 on it as soon as it does - I have a tuition bill. So, I really don’t mind that it’s not a higher CL. When does the $95 AF hit? Right after the first statement closes?
Like @palhockeymomof2 said, the AF posts on the 1st of the month right after your card is approved. His was approved 11/13, and the AF posted 12/1. That's why I made a $95 payment to his account before 12/1. His current balance is sitting at $5000 ($5000 - $95 payment + $95 AF).

Like @palhockeymomof2 said, the AF posts on the 1st of the month right after your card is approved. His was approved 11/13, and the AF posted 12/1. That's why I made a $95 payment to his account before 12/1. His current balance is sitting at $5000 ($5000 - $95 payment + $95 AF).
Ok, my DH was approved on 11/23, but the card didn’t come in the mail yet. Maybe the AF will already by posted before the card arrives....🤷🏻‍♀️

It's Carnival...yes. I still can't get over the price.... I've read quite a bit about the different cruise lines, but I know that my travel M.O. is to stretch my dollar as far as possible while doing as much as possible.... so I think this will fit the bill:thumbsup2 Cruise Critic is fantastic info and advice for noobs like myself who know practically nothing about cruising! Now that DH has been informed of the details he's already complaining about the length (sigh) this was one question I didn't know to ask before marrying...travel expectations!:rotfl2:
Have you checked out the Carnival vs DCL thread on the Disney cruise line boards? It's been around for a couple of years and it's pretty informative. Long cruises are great. Around the 3rd or 4th night you'll be thinking maybe this cruise is going to be too long. By the 10th night, you won't want to get off the ship. You'll get into the routine of "ship life" and you won't want to go back to "real life".

I have 1 BILLION coupons!!
ArcticElatedBufflehead-max-1mb.gif

Ok - I actually don't have any coupons...but I don't need any either. I just wanted to win the coupon war!! 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
WAIT! I know you randomly search .gifs... but you used this properly in context. DO YOU LIKE AUSTIN POWERS!?!

Did anyone else get an offer from Cartwheel Circle today with a 20 off coupon starting today thru 12/14 for shopping on BF? I'm wondering if this is in addition to the coupons I received in person or if it is the same and is tied to my account? Just wondering if I have two or three now to spend.

I was wondering if they'd be able to be used online and in store also! I did this last year. We do most of our grocery shopping at Target so I love these coupons! Super excited for the 10% off giftcards too! I usually use my redcard for the 5%, so the extra 5% plus being able to put the spend toward my SW MSR is awesome! I'll probably make two trips and get two $300 gc's.
I don't think I did, but I am ashamed to admit I have not used Target Circle once since its release. Maybe I wasn't targeted? I have been doing 99% of my Target shopping online lately. The 20% coupon will change that so I can maximize savings!

Last edited:
Don't know but your question made me remember what happened at Monsters Inc Laugh Floor when I went to MVMCP in November. They picked a woman for the part where she is supposed to think hard about her Christmas wish and telepathically send it to the monster, and she said her wish was for the show to be over! Oops, that was awkward.
OMG! Was the woman joking or serious?!?

I pumped the gas at Sunoco on the New Jersey turnpike on the weekend of Oct18-20. The points didn't credit until last week. I also rec'd a credit on my account for an 'Amex mistake' - I have no idea what the mistake was as the credit was 12 cents.
The mistake was you pumped your own gas in the only non-self service state in the US.

The AMEX RAT knows all! :rotfl:

Disney+ is worth it for me right now with The Imagineering Story. My husband has even got into it after being ambivalent at first.

Mandalorian is fine. I like that it is more authentic feeling and not all CGI. Although we have waited to watch with the girls and it is hard to understand what is even happening because the three girls the entire time are "what about Baby Yoda?" "Is Baby Yoda going to be okay?" "I just need to hold Baby Yoda." So we are trying to watch it but the interruptions every twenty seconds over the health and welfare of Baby Yoda is making it a little difficult. :)
I can relate to your girls. That’s my only concern as well lol!

Imagineering Story is my fav!
I have also justified my 3 year purchase with the Imagineering Story. I love tuning in after a long week of work!

I didn't see the Mandalorian yet, but I am sure I will feel the same. Baby Yoda is precious and must be protected! Speaking of Baby Yoda, did anyone see this? I laughed a lot 🤣

https://www.buzzfeed.com/crystalro/baby-yoda-tweets-mandalorian-3

Nice, DW's CF has a 10% Chase offer. Woot!
I have Cheddars offers on a number of cards but there’s not one nearby. I had to google to even find out what it was.
you won't be sorry..... I LOVE my LE coat from a few years back at a super discount....but it's fluffy down warmth is my life every winter! (I just washed it yesterday!) LL Bean is best,Lands End is the next best for solid quality,and the prices are much better with the sales. (I still have LE leather boots and winter coat that I bought 23 years ago in the back of my closet,the stuff never dies!)
I already have 2, love them. One is 20+ years old, probably poly fill, an old version of the squall jacket that is mid thigh length. It is still warm and I wear it all the time, but the cuffs are getting worn and the Velcro is too. The other is only a few years old but it’s mid calf length down and I can’t wear it every day but definitely on the coldest days. I’ll admit to already wearing it this year because I’m almost always cold. The new one is the expedition parka which had all the features I need but has a faux fur trim which I hate. I actually looked at dozens of coats but could not find a perfect coat, this one was closest.
Your not alone....We don’t have Disney+ either....DH watches mostly sports and I’m usually reading....no little ones so it didn’t seem worth it
What? You’re on DISboards, remember? 😉
I have made the same mistake so now I always write the card value on the back of the card as soon as I get it because it could be weeks before I get to WM to load.
I do too. Some times I do 2 transactions so I have to keep them straight.
:wave2:

Checking in (finally) again after a somewhat lengthy absence. Life got in the way between a wedding (I’ve always referred to DH as DH before we made it official after 9 years :)), work (DIS is now restricted grrrr), and a few other family issues.

I had been following along, but just lurking until I could catch up from 200 pages back at one point. Drops and drops make oceans, and now I’ve fibally caught up! Felt like I was living a few days behind everyone else each time I made attempts to catch up...”oh that deal!...5 days ago...” lol.

I fell behind here, but was very much active with CCs and GCs. We had a small wedding, but it still put a nice dent in MSRs and category bonuses (I.e. Thanks Amex for the 4x MR on my Cap Grille bill and the extra +1 MR AND 10% back (capped at $100, but still :D)!)

I got a retention on my Brilliant (20k Marriott points for $2k), then downgraded the card recently. I tried to double dip the $300 credit a la @Lain, but the Courtyard I got my GC at previously no longer had them, and time was ticking as far as my pro-rata AF. I did use up $60 during a recent Philly trip, so got a little value out of it. And, used the TSA credit for mom before downgrading.

Should be time for a retention call for my Rose gold, but that is a keeper regardless. Trying to maximize GC deals this month before a January runDisney trip with mom! It’s her first trip since we were kids! Have also been scooping up restaurant GC deals like @wendow since I know we will use them at the point. But, the wallet is def feeling lighter these last 4 months...
Congratulations! 🍾

:wave2:

Checking in (finally) again after a somewhat lengthy absence. Life got in the way between a wedding (I’ve always referred to DH as DH before we made it official after 9 years :)), work (DIS is now restricted grrrr), and a few other family issues.

I had been following along, but just lurking until I could catch up from 200 pages back at one point. Drops and drops make oceans, and now I’ve fibally caught up! Felt like I was living a few days behind everyone else each time I made attempts to catch up...”oh that deal!...5 days ago...” lol.

I fell behind here, but was very much active with CCs and GCs. We had a small wedding, but it still put a nice dent in MSRs and category bonuses (I.e. Thanks Amex for the 4x MR on my Cap Grille bill and the extra +1 MR AND 10% back (capped at $100, but still :D)!)

I got a retention on my Brilliant (20k Marriott points for $2k), then downgraded the card recently. I tried to double dip the $300 credit a la @Lain, but the Courtyard I got my GC at previously no longer had them, and time was ticking as far as my pro-rata AF. I did use up $60 during a recent Philly trip, so got a little value out of it. And, used the TSA credit for mom before downgrading.

Should be time for a retention call for my Rose gold, but that is a keeper regardless. Trying to maximize GC deals this month before a January runDisney trip with mom! It’s her first trip since we were kids! Have also been scooping up restaurant GC deals like @wendow since I know we will use them at the point. But, the wallet is def feeling lighter these last 4 months...
Nice to see you again, and congratulations!!!

We’re being too good- how about some off topic? 🤣

Anyone catch this Disney lawsuit story today? I just need to do a sanity check... if bugs were in your food would you EVER go back to that restaurant? Because 100% I wouldn’t. (Unless I’d ordered bugs obviously but last I knew they’re not on the Poly Oasis menu 😂 )
HAHA I have ordered "Bugs 'n Grubs" in DAK multiple times and it was DELICIOUS! Favorite soft serve on property :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter