• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh. Great Southern Bank froze DHs account because I tried to transfer payments that would “exceed my limits”. What good is a bank if you can’t transfer money out or pay bills? Now I have to have DH call. 🙄
How did you know the account was frozen? I have transfer that was supposed to have been made but I don’t see the funds in the other account.

Going to Disneyland for 4 nights, 3 days in May after Vegas for a few days for DS 21st. He will be meeting his girlfriend and Dad in California so it will just be Dd18 and me. Rest of the Vegas clan going home

Trying to research hotels. I know nothing about anything there. I know the Disney hotels are way too spendy. Seems the closest is Best Western Plus but as I am becoming a hotel snob. (It is a motel). Anyone stay here? Any other recommendations? I have Marriott points and UR’s. Want in walking distance but nice. Thanks!!
Best Western Park Place Inn and Mini Suites is definitely the closest, but yes it’s a motel. You can’t beat the location, and I like a nice hotel too, Best Western is just so so. We really like Howard Johnson Anaheim (HOJO) building 1 superior rooms, and Courtyard Theme Park Entrance. Both have interior halls and are very clean and updated. Those are our go to’s. They are about a 12 minute walk to the entrance of Disneyland, but for us the value of HOJO is worth it for a little extra walking. I can usually book HOJO for approx $150 night and Courtyard around $250-300 in May.

Going to Disneyland for 4 nights, 3 days in May after Vegas for a few days for DS 21st. He will be meeting his girlfriend and Dad in California so it will just be Dd18 and me. Rest of the Vegas clan going home

Trying to research hotels. I know nothing about anything there. I know the Disney hotels are way too spendy. Seems the closest is Best Western Plus but as I am becoming a hotel snob. (It is a motel). Anyone stay here? Any other recommendations? I have Marriott points and UR’s. Want in walking distance but nice. Thanks!!
We used Bonbon points to book Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort, there is a Courtyard next door but points are higher. Have not stayed at either yet. I have stayed at Camelot Inn which is also next to the Fairfield Inn. I found it acceptable, not great, but I’m not a hotel snob. Most of those motels along Harbor are older, so I’m not sure you’d be happy at one of them. The Fairfield, Courtyard and Holiday Inn all get pretty good reviews and seem newer. Walk from any along that side is very doable.

How did you know the account was frozen? I have transfer that was supposed to have been made but I don’t see the funds in the other account.
They sent me an email. Lol. I tried to transfer a couple times because it wouldn’t go thru. I lowered the amount and tried again. Gave up then later checked email. 🤦‍♀️

ETA. I find their transfers very slow. As is their bill pay, I’ve been afraid a bill would be late a couple times and they don’t guarantee the date.

They sent me an email. Lol. I tried to transfer a couple times because it wouldn’t go thru. I lowered the amount and tried again. Gave up then later checked email. 🤦‍♀️

ETA. I find their transfers very slow. As is their bill pay, I’ve been afraid a bill would be late a couple times and they don’t guarantee the date.

I've had good luck adding great southern as a pay from bank for Amex credit cards. Then I make payments (from Amex site) for $1500 or less just to be safe based on issues others have had.

We are going in July for 3 nights. We’ve never been (but thanks to AA economy web specials we can!) I’ve been researching hotels the past few days. I think I’ve settled on the best western park place (which is directly across the street). It’s gotten good reviews and for the amount of time we will be spending in our room, I think it’s our best choice. We are only spending 2 days in the parks so we plan on being there from open to close....which at this point I have no idea how long that’ll be since they don’t have hours out yet lol

i need to decide if I want convenience or better place.

Best Western Park Place Inn and Mini Suites is definitely the closest, but yes it’s a motel. You can’t beat the location, and I like a nice hotel too, Best Western is just so so. We really like Howard Johnson Anaheim (HOJO) building 1 superior rooms, and Courtyard Theme Park Entrance. Both have interior halls and are very clean and updated. Those are our go to’s. They are about a 12 minute walk to the entrance of Disneyland, but for us the value of HOJO is worth it for a little extra walking. I can usually book HOJO for approx $150 night and Courtyard around $250-300 in May.

I was looking at Courtyard Theme Park. It looks nice but a lot more points. Decisions Decisions

We used Bonbon points to book Fairfield Inn Anaheim Resort, there is a Courtyard next door but points are higher. Have not stayed at either yet. I have stayed at Camelot Inn which is also next to the Fairfield Inn. I found it acceptable, not great, but I’m not a hotel snob. Most of those motels along Harbor are older, so I’m not sure you’d be happy at one of them. The Fairfield, Courtyard and Holiday Inn all get pretty good reviews and seem newer. Walk from any along that side is very doable.
Thanks. Will look at Fairfield Inn too

@alryan We go to NH a couple times a year (a close friend lives up there). Portsmouth is lovely, great town to walk around, lots of events, good restaurants, shops. If you have kids, Prescot Park has a lovely summer kids theater. Totally free, but get there early for a spot. Concessions are very good but $$$, but you can bring in food. Also great beaches up and down the sea coast.

There are a bunch of outlets in Kittery ME, right over the border from NH. The LLBean store isn't far either. Obviously Acadia and seacoast in ME as well.

In VT, check out the King Arthur Baking school (if that's your thing).

Last edited:

Booked the HoJo using UR's and loved it! Walk is a little far after being in the parks from open to close but it's barely past the Courtyard Marriott with the waterpark. I'd totally stay there again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter