I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're in California, right?

In California, Chase usually pulls Experian, but occasionally pulls both Experian and Equifax (Chase pulled EX for my CIP, EX+EQ for my CIC). If Chase decides to pull from Experian, and there’s a freeze on your Experian credit report, you won't receive automated approval. The application will remain pending since Chase wasn’t able to access your credit report. If that happens, you could call into reconsideration to ask whether they can manually pull a different report (Equifax or TransUnion) and approve your application based on that. Otherwise, Chase may let you provide them with a temporary PIN to access your report. Not sure if this latter option will cost you any money with Experian. But for both options, they require you to talk to a human, which you may not be comfortable doing on a "business" card application.

The advice you got from /r/churning is sound. If you are applying as a sole proprietor, you are a single legal entity. Think of "Artygal90" as a store that offers a menu of services including petsitting, babysitting, and clothing alterations. Revenue from all these services come into the one legal entity, you as a sole proprietorship. So yes, include revenue from all these services, and even projections of where revenue from these services may hit this year. For years in business, I don't know about adding up years you've been doing each service, but you can definitely count from when you first started your oldest service and treat it like you added services you provide along the way.

Good luck!

Texas, actually. I remembered I just signed my husband up for the CFU and they pulled Equifax, but not Transunion. Experian isn't on creditkarma.com so I couldn't see that.

I've recently become better at talking to humans on the phone (new customer service job for the win!) so maybe I'll try calling recon if the need arises. Thanks!

Just got a call from Hyatt. Or I should say another call.

Earlier this year I had booked a couple of nights in Ocean City at the new Hyatt being built. I had also booked free nights at Holiday Inn and Suites which is a couple of blocks away from them.

In May for Mother's Day, we went to Ocean City for a weekend, staying at Holiday Inn and suites. Took a look at the Hyatt and said no way this is going to open end of May!

Kind of forgot about it and then got the first Hyatt call. They were offering to rebook us at a couple of other places that I said 'no' to. End result was comp nights in September.

Today, the guy is again trying to rebook us because it won't be ready in September!

I asked them would they please just deposit the points for the comp nights in my account and I will rebook later when I can have time to revise my plan. They said yes, so I will give them some time and then check my account.

Meanwhile I just added those nights to my Holiday Inn and Suites stay (end of July).

Edit: Just checked and the 'new' points are in my account!! These will be saved for next summer, when rates are $4-500 a night, as they were supposed to be this July!

Late September rates are likely to be much less expensive which is when they might open. Those will be cash nights if I go!

Last edited:
Ok, need some advice...I need a new MSR to work on.

2 player mode:

DH is over 5/24 till 10.18 but has the CSR, Delta Am Ex, Hilton Ascend, CFU and IHG.

I have the Marriott (which I just upgraded to the Premier with the 20k bonus), 2 CF's, Hilton (no Fee) Am Ex and Delta Gold Am Ex. I also have the CIC biz card. I'm at 4/24 right now with another falling off 11.18.

I'm thinking of applying for the IHG card as we are tentatively planning a trip to the UT national parks next year and IHG seems plentiful there.

We have plenty UR's and Hilton points right now. We've also have the SW companion pass through this year and a credit going into next year so I'm thinking I need to concentrate more on hotel options. We are Delta hostages in terms of air but for an hours drive we can make SW work too. I had the SPG personal but I cancelled it in anticipation of the new card that might be coming out (I also didn't get much use out of it).

Any thoughts on my plan? IHG for now since it doesn't count against 5/24? Or any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Texas, actually. I remembered I just signed my husband up for the CFU and they pulled Equifax, but not Transunion. Experian isn't on creditkarma.com so I couldn't see that.

I've recently become better at talking to humans on the phone (new customer service job for the win!) so maybe I'll try calling recon if the need arises. Thanks!

Updating my spreadsheet. :rotfl:

Per DoC’s Which Credit Bureau Does Chase Pull? article, Chase usually pulls Experian in TX, but may pull both EX+EQ, or even all three EX+EQ+TU.

Good luck!

Not CC related, just venting. Last night we were talking about the family cruise trip, and DH mentioned he's feeling like it will be just us and the ILs, because one brother is acting weird and he doesn't think the other can afford to go and chip in on ILs cabin. Also, neither brothers have booked anything yet, which is whatever. Not my fault if the price goes up... We've offered to change to a different cruise, that would cut each brother's cruise by $1k+ and their share of ILs by $400ish (because the price has gone up since opening day, we're not paying that much for ours or ILs right now) but they said no... and so far signals are pointing to not going. And second brother is the one that gave us a 20 day window for this trip.

I will be a bit irked if we end up on a cruise, practically at the most expensive time for everything, because we accommodated some people's schedules and then those people decide not to come. :headache:

My first Hilton Amex statement posted. I now have 2400 Hilton points to my name!

I've decided that given the recent issues with people applying for the Hilton biz and being given the personal after doing the Hilton dummy booking, I'm just going to refer DH for his card on the 27th and do it that way instead. No sense risking one of his 5/24 slots, and more points for us.

Yesterday I decided to apply for the Marriott Business card. Checked here to see if some one could refer me but @Lain confirmed there are no referrals from this card.

I filled out the online form, trying to remember all the guidelines that I've read here. Got to 'business sub type' and skipped it as I didn't quite get it. Got to the end and went back and the ap went poof and I ended up with a 500 error page.

So, I went and had a cup of coffee. First business card and no real business so I had a few second thoughts as I'm waiting patiently to get under 5/24 so I can get a UR card. Checked the status line just in case, by accident the app went through. Nada, so back to square one.

Later on after dinner, I made it back onto the laptop and to the Chase site. This time, I filled it all out and submitted it.

I was approved. Happy dance!!! Just want to get as many Starriott points as possible while the getting is good!

Awesome!

CONGRATULATIONS @Judique!

:cheer2::thumbsup2party::woohoo::cool1:

I think you made a really savvy move. Like you said, you’re still over 5/24, so ineligible for a lot of Chase’s business cards, but not the Marriott Biz, and it won’t add against your card count as you’re trying to get back under 5/24. There’s no telling if the new Marriott Biz that’s supposed to come out 8/26 will not be subject to 5/24, so a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush. And we can hope that Chase will offer points to upgrade the Marriott Biz that you just got to the new Marriott Biz (like they did with the Marriott Premier to Premier Plus). There’s some question over whether the current Marriott Biz includes 15 elite nights if you’re trying for new Platinum status, but I’m going to bet the new Marriott Biz won’t come with elite nights, so that may be something to consider about upgrading. All that aside, it’s a great deal! 75k Marriott Rewards points and an anniversary night certificate for just $3k of spend and $0 first year AF!

I really am brain dead today, the most important part for us is actually the 15 elite nights they would give you to make silver elite. You had received them when you got the card and then on your anniversary each year. We're looking for nights some extra nights to boost us this year. But with the new offer, that plus the elite nights from spend disappeared terms so haven't been sure what happens to new apps now.

But congrats, you also get double points at office supply stores, internet, cable and phone services purchases on the business version in addition to restaurants, airline and car charges. So can maybe rack up more points with your MSR if you've got purchases there coming up :)

I applied for what I think is the 'old' card which looks like it will be changed somewhat pretty soon. I have the 75K point offer. But now that you've mentioned the double point opportunities, I'm off to check them out. I see now, they've changed the elite language to 50k spend. And after August, they'll pay better on points.

:dancer:

Woohoo, congrats!

Now I can follow along and see how it goes since I think you might be the first since May. I'm interested to see if they kept the elite night credits for every 3k in spend like the Marriott page states (and the pre-May cards). The Chase offer now only mentioned getting Gold if you spent a good chunk of change in the year.

I am out of the loop on marriott cards since I had other priorities, but this peaked my interest...So was it just the biz that had that? You get credited for 1 night for every $3k in spend? And we don't know if that is going away or not? It almost seems to easy...must be going away.

Not CC related, just venting. Last night we were talking about the family cruise trip, and DH mentioned he's feeling like it will be just us and the ILs, because one brother is acting weird and he doesn't think the other can afford to go and chip in on ILs cabin. Also, neither brothers have booked anything yet, which is whatever. Not my fault if the price goes up... We've offered to change to a different cruise, that would cut each brother's cruise by $1k+ and their share of ILs by $400ish (because the price has gone up since opening day, we're not paying that much for ours or ILs right now) but they said no... and so far signals are pointing to not going. And second brother is the one that gave us a 20 day window for this trip.

I will be a bit irked if we end up on a cruise, practically at the most expensive time for everything, because we accommodated some people's schedules and then those people decide not to come. :headache:
Ouch! Family sometimes! Any chance of getting a refund and using the money towards a cheaper cruise and something else if they bail?

FYI, Experian has an app and you can sign up for a free account with them that will let you see your EX report and score. (They'll also try to get you to buy access to stuff but don't fall for it.)

Ok, need some advice...I need a new MSR to work on.

2 player mode:

DH is over 5/24 till 10.18 but has the CSR, Delta Am Ex, Hilton Ascend, CFU and IHG.

I have the Marriott (which I just upgraded to the Premier with the 20k bonus), 2 CF's, Hilton (no Fee) Am Ex and Delta Gold Am Ex. I also have the CIC biz card. I'm at 4/24 right now with another falling off 11.18.

I'm thinking of applying for the IHG card as we are tentatively planning a trip to the UT national parks next year and IHG seems plentiful there.

We have plenty UR's and Hilton points right now. We've also have the SW companion pass through this year and a credit going into next year so I'm thinking I need to concentrate more on hotel options. We are Delta hostages in terms of air but for an hours drive we can make SW work too. I had the SPG personal but I cancelled it in anticipation of the new card that might be coming out (I also didn't get much use out of it).

Any thoughts on my plan? IHG for now since it doesn't count against 5/24? Or any other suggestions?

Thanks!

When did you get your CIC? My brain is leading me to tell you CIP at the moment, but there isn't enough info here. Can you share the dates you got all your cards?

Can you just ask them point blank? Say we want to do a cheaper sailing and it seems like you all may not come,. Can we go ahead and change it or can you guarantee you are coming and we will stick with the current dates?

I am out of the loop on marriott cards since I had other priorities, but this peaked my interest...So was it just the biz that had that? You get credited for 1 night for every $3k in spend? And we don't know if that is going away or not? It almost seems to easy...must be going away.

New Marriott Biz “Premier Plus” coming out 8/26: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chas...ds-premier-plus-business-card-on-august-26th/

I’m guessing what’ll happen will be similar to when Chase released the Marriott Rewards Premier Plus (personal) to replace the old Marriott Rewards Premier (personal), where the new card replaces the old card as soon as it’s released, and Chase offers points to old cardholders to upgrade to the new card. I think it’s Marriott basically realigning the benefits of the Marriott/SPG/Ritz-Carlton credit card lineup so they’re more or less the same across the board.

Just got a call from Hyatt. Or I should say another call.

Earlier this year I had booked a couple of nights in Ocean City at the new Hyatt being built. I had also booked free nights at Holiday Inn and Suites which is a couple of blocks away from them.

In May for Mother's Day, we went to Ocean City for a weekend, staying at Holiday Inn and suites. Took a look at the Hyatt and said no way this is going to open end of May!

Kind of forgot about it and then got the first Hyatt call. They were offering to rebook us at a couple of other places that I said 'no' to. End result was comp nights in September.

Today, the guy is again trying to rebook us because it won't be ready in September!

I asked them would they please just deposit the points for the comp nights in my account and I will rebook later when I can have time to revise my plan. They said yes, so I will give them some time and then check my account.

Meanwhile I just added those nights to my Holiday Inn and Suites stay (end of July).

Edit: Just checked and the 'new' points are in my account!! These will be saved for next summer, when rates are $4-500 a night, as they were supposed to be this July!

Late September rates are likely to be much less expensive which is when they might open. Those will be cash nights if I go!
Hyatt is doing the damn thing..lol They have stepped it up..trying to outdo the other hotel programs...

Awesome!

CONGRATULATIONS @Judique!

:cheer2::thumbsup2party::woohoo::cool1:

I think you made a really savvy move. Like you said, you’re still over 5/24, so ineligible for a lot of Chase’s business cards, but not the Marriott Biz, and it won’t add against your card count as you’re trying to get back under 5/24. There’s no telling if the new Marriott Biz that’s supposed to come out 8/26 will not be subject to 5/24, so a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush. And we can hope that Chase will offer points to upgrade the Marriott Biz that you just got to the new Marriott Biz (like they did with the Marriott Premier to Premier Plus). There’s some question over whether the current Marriott Biz includes 15 elite nights if you’re trying for new Platinum status, but I’m going to bet the new Marriott Biz won’t come with elite nights, so that may be something to consider about upgrading. All that aside, it’s a great deal! 75k Marriott Rewards points and an anniversary night certificate for just $3k of spend and $0 first year AF!

Thanks @Lain. Now I have SPG personal, Marriott Premier and Marriott Business, all with 'free' nights. I can work a little trip around that. For $95, $85 and $99, plus the points! I'm only sorry I didn't do the SPG Biz. But I'll catch the luxury card when it comes around. In addition I have IHG and Hyatt points and free nights - I can do some chain hopping!

I haven't upgraded the premier personal yet as it's only 10K points. I think I'll keep it the way it is until I see a need or they change something.

As far as the status is concerned, I'm not worrying about it. I'll use all my reduced cost nights to supplement my 'retiree' vacationing. Also, remember I've got a bunch of DVC points so lots of opportunities for my laid back travel plans!

The existing Premier (personal) and Premier Business cards get credited 1 night for every 3k in spend. The new Premier Plus personal card does not get this credit. And the Premier personal card is no longer taking applications. The Premier Business card is still taking applications but there isn't mention of this benefit outside of the Marriott website so it's unclear if "new" cards are still going to get it. (at least to me, I like things in writing from the card issuer :) )And then I can't imagine the new Premier Plus Business card would have it either since the personal version doesn't.

So cards received between May and whenever this Premier Plus Business card launch (Aug 26th I think) are kind of in limbo to see what benefits they're really getting. The old or the new.

No, the original personal card has it also. I got the personal card dec 2017, and got an elite night for my 3K spend added. It's changing, but I don't remember all the details since I'm not really likely to stay Marriott enough for it to add up for me.

The existing Premier (personal) and Premier Business cards get credited 1 night for every 3k in spend. The new Premier Plus personal card does not get this credit. And the Premier personal card is no longer taking applications. The Premier Business card is still taking applications but there isn't mention of this benefit outside of the Marriott website so it's unclear if "new" cards are still going to get it. (at least to me, I like things in writing from the card issuer :) )And then I can't imagine the new Premier Plus Business card would have it either since the personal version doesn't.

So cards received between May and whenever this Premier Plus Business card launch (Aug 26th I think) are kind of in limbo to see what benefits they're really getting. The old or the new.

The one thing I know that truly counts for me is that I'm getting 75K points, a free night and no annual fee for a year, lol! After all that and all the changes, it will be looking for new cards to churn!

The one thing I know that truly counts for me is that I'm getting 75K points, a free night and no annual fee for a year, lol! After all that and all the changes, it will be looking for new cards to churn!

Exactly! Part of me is tempted to just have hubby do it anyway for that exact reason :) But he only seemed interested if it meant we were getting something out of it, other than just a bunch of points. He's still a little reluctant... but getting a little better now that the CC police haven't beat down our door for me after getting business cards only having a "business". Or it could be finding out how much money we should be saving on our trip next year if everything goes according to plan (at least 50% off, could be more depending on how crazy I go)

Ouch! Family sometimes! Any chance of getting a refund and using the money towards a cheaper cruise and something else if they bail?
Yes, thank goodness. Right now we've just got deposits down on the cruises, nothing else. So about $1700 cash right now. We've got up to 90 days out to get a full refund, and we're a year out right now. Then we already did the whole CSR points on the ILs cards... so we can still use that towards whatever trip. My current plan was to hold those points back to cover non-cruise stuff, like flights/hotels/day or two at WDW :)

Can you just ask them point blank? Say we want to do a cheaper sailing and it seems like you all may not come,. Can we go ahead and change it or can you guarantee you are coming and we will stick with the current dates?
I'm going to try and push for some type of commitment. At least a booking or something! And that it would be nice if they'd start contributing to the ILs portion. We put out $900 for the ILs cruise deposit, and countless hours planning on my part. I kind of enjoy the planning, so I don't mind that too much... but don't count on me to do all this planning if you're not committed. And yes, we're in a spot we could easily put down $900 of our share and be okay, but this idea has been floating around for 6-8 months at this point so they could start chipping in I think. It's a June 2019 cruise and it's gone up $600 since opening day.

I really don't get my BIL and SIL, the ones we're worried about not being able to afford it. They should be... and I totally sound like a judgmental person trying to tell people how to spend their money, and I don't want to be that person. They live in LA, so yes high cost of living, but they make pretty good salaries... and they live/eat for free at the private school BIL works at. No regular utilities, but maybe cable/internet. That's the kicker for me. They never travel, they don't go out to events/theatre/etc, very minimal living expenses... soooo where does it go? :confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter