• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney California Adventure has a similar show with Starlord, Gamora, and Groot in front of the Collector’s Fortress (aka Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT).

Glad you’re having fun at EPCOT!
its weird that they don’t allow Marvel characters like Captain America and Black Panther to appear in Florida theme parks but they allow the GOTG to appear.

Was planning to help my dd18 open with her grad money but hadn’t gotten to it yet. Hopefully another easy one like memory comes along soon.
Columbia Bank in NJ had a $500 bonus that I applied for last week. $200 for opening the account, $200 for any DD and $100 for bill pay. You could fund the opening with up to $500 on a credit card. I opened it with $5 and will set up the DD and do the billpay for the bonus. Found it on doc.

Does anyone recall how much the regular offer for the Hilton biz is? Increased to 125k now, but what is it regularly? I'm worried that I'm lacking on my spend on my current Hilton biz and don't know if I should go for another one for DH before the increased offer runs out on 6/27. I still have to finish up CIC and CIP too (which I have until August to do) but I'd be juggling a lot of MSRs if I get DH the Hilton card right now too... I have no immediate need for Hilton points so I'm thinking I'll just refer him at a later date for a lower offer.

Does anyone recall how much the regular offer for the Hilton biz is? Increased to 125k now, but what is it regularly? I'm worried that I'm lacking on my spend on my current Hilton biz and don't know if I should go for another one for DH before the increased offer runs out on 6/27. I still have to finish up CIC and CIP too (which I have until August to do) but I'd be juggling a lot of MSRs if I get DH the Hilton card right now too... I have no immediate need for Hilton points so I'm thinking I'll just refer him at a later date for a lower offer.

100,000 HH points.

Recently got an email from Capital One Venture that now THEY are adding priority pass to
the card. Seems like several cards are jumping on the bandwagon. My AF is still 59 so i will
hold on to it for now.

I got a snail mail offer yesterday for a Cap One venture one for 20K miles and 0% annual fee. Don't follow Cap One so have no idea if this was any good or not.

Yeah a little over $900 with tax, sadly.

The Platinum plus is $949 plus tax, which is what I have. It comes to $1010.69.

I am so grateful to have a few tickets set aside that don't expire. I would get a little off that with the DVC discount, but, wow, that kind of blows away people who get a new annual every two years by taking (almost)a year off in between and overlapping a couple of trips which is essentially what I do. I would get three trips in most passes and my pass cost would be under $200 per trip - usually about $150 counting other discounts - with no block outs.

There is no more Gold pass for regular people and the regular Platinum is the price you quote $904.19.
DVC price $776.

DVC can still get the gold at $627.89 with the block out dates, xmas, easter and summer. That in itself is something to be grateful for now, but in just 2 years we will again be working around the school schedule.

its weird that they don’t allow Marvel characters like Captain America and Black Panther to appear in Florida theme parks but they allow the GOTG to appear.

Universal doesn't have the rights to Guardians so WDW is free to use them. They were pretty unknown back when Islands of Adventure opened. I believe part of the reason for the movies was to have a property that could be used anywhere.

I am so grateful to have a few tickets set aside that don't expire. I would get a little off that with the DVC discount, but, wow, that kind of blows away people who get a new annual every two years by taking (almost)a year off in between and overlapping a couple of trips which is essentially what I do. I would get three trips in most passes and my pass cost would be under $200 per trip - usually about $150 counting other discounts - with no block outs.

There is no more Gold pass for regular people and the regular Platinum is the price you quote $904.19.
DVC price $776.

DVC can still get the gold at $627.89 with the block out dates, xmas, easter and summer. That in itself is something to be grateful for now, but in just 2 years we will again be working around the school schedule.
The price is eye watering. However points help to keep travel costs down. When you aren’t paying for flights for 4, that adds $1400 to the travel budget. At least it did for me which allowed me to buy 4 APs.

DVC price $776.

My tables in wonderland card has already saved me $60 out of the $150 purchase price. We have lunch at Grand Floridian cafe and dinner at California grill tonight so I expect to break even on this short trip. I will make money off of it in August and November. It’s good through July 31,2019 so will be used in April and June 2019.

So I am almost done with my CIC MSR and I was planning to use those points to book the Hyatt House in Anaheim in October. I just checked again though and now it's saying no reward availability on my dates. Is this something that changes, or am I out of luck? I know it was posted recently that you could call, but I don't want to transfer UR and be stuck unable to use them.

Wondering if I should purchase the 7k SPG points I need for the nearby Sheraton instead

My tables in wonderland card has already saved me $60 out of the $150 purchase price. We have lunch at Grand Floridian cafe and dinner at California grill tonight so I expect to break even on this short trip. I will make money off of it in August and November. It’s good through July 31,2019 so will be used in April and June 2019.
I liked having TIW last year! I had done all this math and decided it was worth it, and then they released the 20% AP discounts for the anniversary. So I tried to do the math again and it seemed about even, so I decided to go for it. We ended up saving $10 more with it over the AP discounts after subtracting the cost :) Though if we hadn't squeezed in two more trips we would have been overpaying by $25. It's an easy winner with AP discounts back to 10%!

So I am almost done with my CIC MSR and I was planning to use those points to book the Hyatt House in Anaheim in October. I just checked again though and now it's saying no reward availability on my dates. Is this something that changes, or am I out of luck? I know it was posted recently that you could call, but I don't want to transfer UR and be stuck unable to use them.

Wondering if I should purchase the 7k SPG points I need for the nearby Sheraton instead
Have you tried doing day by day? Maybe it would come up that way and then you could have the hotel link your reservations after booking?

The price is eye watering. However points help to keep travel costs down. When you aren’t paying for flights for 4, that adds $1400 to the travel budget. At least it did for me which allowed me to buy 4 APs.

Our 4 APs just expired. We got them when they had the 15 month special and then the 15 month renewal. The plan now is to wait until next spring to get new passes.

On another note, we leave in the morning for 10 days in Wisconsin Dells.

I am reminded after reading other posts that the AP WAS 13 month.

Last edited:
SOmeone please help me clarify this..... is buying SPG right now at 35% off a good idea, knowing in another few weeks it'll be 90k Marriott? Also, since I bought 30k this year already, would 'DH" be able to buy them and then transfer over,or send as a gift at purchase? I'm a little worried about the 30k limit in t&c

Good idea! Looking at it that way it looks like the first night is the only night without availability (it's a Saturday) maybe I'll book the other three and wait and see on the first night.
Oct is a busy month at DLR now due to the increasing popularity of “Fall Break” (and Gay Days is at the beginning of Oct). Have a back-up plan for that Sat, preferably a refundable one so you can book it now.

SOmeone please help me clarify this..... is buying SPG right now at 35% off a good idea, knowing in another few weeks it'll be 90k Marriott? Also, since I bought 30k this year already, would 'DH" be able to buy them and then transfer over,or send as a gift at purchase? I'm a little worried about the 30k limit in t&c
No one knows if it will be a good idea or not. What would you do with the points if you were to use them today? That was my thinking when I bought the points. I bought them because I was able to get a travel package where I could put a dollar value on the airline miles. Marriott has been really helpful in basically saying: everything is kinda sorta maybe really not really changing in August and also next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter