I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Called and cancelled my Southwest Plus, will cancel the Premier next (unless I get a great retention offer). My credit limit on the Plus was over $27,000, so I really wanted that one gone before going for the double dip.

I've seen people say it takes about a week to get those off the credit report and others say a month. The only way to really know would be to check, just trying to figure out my time frame. If anyone has experience with that, let me know.

The good news is that I went through all the details for my dh last night and I think he is on board for the double dip. I wouldn't say he is enthusiastic but he is on board!

Chase reports credit card accounts when the statement closes or the balance is paid off. Not sure how quickly Chase reports closed accounts, but once reported as closed, gone is that $27k Chase CL too.

Does anyone know when the bonus points hit on the Hilton Biz? I thought with my last statement (posted yesterday) I met the MSR but I do not see my bonus points. Is there a SM feature where I can ask AMEX? I still have another month if I need to spend more to hit it. I do know I purchased a Staples GC at Staples. Was hoping that since it was for the store that would not impact MSR.

Amex bonuses post a few days after you hit MSR, not dependent on when the statement closes. My first Hilton Biz statement closed last week, but I didn’t hit my MSR until Monday or Tuesday of this week. By Friday (didn’t check Thursday), an extra 125k HH points were in my account. When calculating MSR, disregard the $95 AF that posts at the end of your first statement.

Last edited:
If I bought something at Lowes with Amex and got 10% back, but then returned it what happens to the 10% credit? Pretty sure once these last 3 credits post we've maxed the 2nd Lowes offer so it's time to move on to GC discounts.
I just returned something on Thurs and am waiting to see what happens. So far they haven’t deducted any of the 10% savings. I’ll keep checking.

Amex bonuses post a few days after you hit MSR, not dependent on when the statement closes. My first Hilton Biz statement closed last week, but I didn’t hit my MSR until Monday or Tuesday of this week. By Friday (didn’t check Thursday), an extra 125k HH points were in my account. When calculating MSR, disregard the $95 AF that posts at the end of your first statement.
Something must not be counting for MSR. I have my spreadsheet set up to include the 95 AF so it shows I need 5095 for MSR. First stmt 402; Second stmt 4799. Total 5201 so even taking out AF it is over 5000. And the last purchase was 7/16. I am going to have to contact them to figure out how much more I need to spend to meet it.

Does anyone know when the bonus points hit on the Hilton Biz? I thought with my last statement (posted yesterday) I met the MSR but I do not see my bonus points. Is there a SM feature where I can ask AMEX? I still have another month if I need to spend more to hit it. I do know I purchased a Staples GC at Staples. Was hoping that since it was for the store that would not impact MSR.

The only time I have had an Amex bonus not post right away as soon as spend met it ended up being the huge battle to get the bonus. I would not contact them at all. Just keep spending at this point and hope for the best. When I contacted them I think all it did trigger a review by the RAT team.

Ok so all caught up now. You guys have been busy the last two weeks. Helped that it’s a rainy day and just chilling on the couch today.

Couple questions
Need DH to get cp for early 2019 so thinking to double dip sw cards in oct.
would it be ok to double dip csr/csp now? He’s got the CIP and nothing else in years

Is there another company to use other than PayPal to send and receive money?

Thanks for your help

your hitting chase cards too hard imo. stay under 4 card in 12 months, 3 card in 6 months.

Other company that comes in mind is Venmo and Zelle. Venmo is CC enabled though.

Quick DP - Just bought WDW tickets using UR. I called Chase travel and spoke with Candice. I told her I wanted to buy WDW tickets directly from Disney and not a third part. Less than 10 min later I got the confirmation # and was able to link to my Disney experience!:tigger:
I asked if it was possible to buy party tickets as well and she said it is! So in a couple weeks I will be calling her back and getting out Halloween Party tickets!:earboy2:
That was such an easy experience! I am very impressed!
Buy the way I just got those points deposited in my account last week! I guess I am a earn and burn them as fast as I can :moped:
w00t!!!

If I bought something at Lowes with Amex and got 10% back, but then returned it what happens to the 10% credit? Pretty sure once these last 3 credits post we've maxed the 2nd Lowes offer so it's time to move on to GC discounts.

Usually, Amex will claw back the statement credit. But if you’re still within the time to meet the Amex Offer terms, you can put additional spend towards the minimum amount required to trigger the offer, or maximum amount limited by the offer, before or by the expiration date, and get the statement credit again.

Well hey, this is fun! Got a call from Barclays this morning. They verified some information on my application, asked a question about something on my credit report, cited my existing relationship with the Wyndham card, and approved me! I'm very surprised. I applied at 18/24 with 3 TU pulls (they pulled TU). Application went pending for a full 8 business days.
YAY!!! For those here keeping track as of today I've found 13 approvals for this card of people who were 6/24 or higher https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/c...card_arrival_plus_60k_offer_now_live/e1uokef/

Ok so all caught up now. You guys have been busy the last two weeks. Helped that it’s a rainy day and just chilling on the couch today.

Couple questions
Need DH to get cp for early 2019 so thinking to double dip sw cards in oct.
would it be ok to double dip csr/csp now? He’s got the CIP and nothing else in years

Is there another company to use other than PayPal to send and receive money?

Thanks for your help

Wondering what you need to send and receive money for? MS? Organic spend?

Usually, Amex will claw back the statement credit. But if you’re still within the time to meet the Amex Offer terms, you can put additional spend towards the minimum amount required to trigger the offer, or maximum amount limited by the offer, before or by the expiration date, and get the statement credit again.
Tks! I have plenty of time to meet the offer expiration, it's more of a "we need to make another purchase how should I do it" situation ;)

I've been tracking my purchases, but Amex is showing 2 small purchases I don't show and I'm waiting on 3 to post and this return. The return has posted, but not the clawback. Once it all shakes out, I think I have a little more to spend.

Well, we did it! Jumped on the bandwagon and bought a cat 6/120k RR Marriott package!! So excited about all those SW points but no clue what we will do with the cert. will be researching locales to see if we can find somewhere to attach it before 8/1.

your hitting chase cards too hard imo. stay under 4 card in 12 months, 3 card in 6 months.

Other company that comes in mind is Venmo and Zelle. Venmo is CC enabled though.
Thanks that’s what I was wondering. Will wait to do the sapphire double dip need the cp for 2019 and 2020.

Isn’t Venmo by PayPal?

Wondering what you need to send and receive money for? MS? Organic spend?
One of my businesses I do there’s times when another consultant is looking for something and I have it. Need a way for them to pay me without having to mail a check and wait for it to arrive.

I actually disagree that only churners know where to look for info, at least in this case. Marriott has been very upfront about the changes that are coming and has given lots of lead time to make a decision about bookings with category changes. They've even created websites and I want to say I received at least one email from Marriott with the new website.

https://www.marriott.com/marriott-rewards/use/category-update.mi

https://points-redemption.marriott.com/category-change

In the end, it doesn't matter, because as I said I don't have any F&N certs so I don't really care what happens to them. And I'm just one person with no insider knowledge, so I'm certainly not going to change anyone's mind. I do, however, find it more than a little baffling that some people seem to think they are pulling a fast one on a huge national hotel chain and will make out like bandits as a result of a clear devaluation of points. That just doesn't make any sense.

Good luck with your certs though! I sincerely hope I'm wrong, if only for the disappointment everyone that speculatively purchases certs will face if what I suspect is true happens.
maybe I am missing something, but the links have nothing to do with the travel package changes. You have to realize that they are changing, then go searching for info on the new packages. No email has been sent to those holding certs that you should use attach them asap.

Well, we did it! Jumped on the bandwagon and bought a cat 6/120k RR Marriott package!! So excited about all those SW points but no clue what we will do with the cert. will be researching locales to see if we can find somewhere to attach it before 8/1.
Let me know what you find that looks interesting. I am seeing some decent beach places in south FL, but I will have to upgrade my cert to cat 8 or 9.

Thanks that’s what I was wondering. Will wait to do the sapphire double dip need the cp for 2019 and 2020.

Isn’t Venmo by PayPal?

One of my businesses I do there’s times when another consultant is looking for something and I have it. Need a way for them to pay me without having to mail a check and wait for it to arrive.

PayPal acquired and owns Venmo, but Venmo is a separate service from PayPal.

So you’d be receiving payment only? There’s not much difference between Venmo and PayPal for receiving payments. Venmo does have rolling limits on how much can be sent and how much can be withdrawn. PayPal has tax reporting requirements that send out 1099-K if you recieve over $20k in payments and 200 transactions per year. For sending money, PayPal charges 2.9% and 30 cents per payment funded by a credit card. Venmo charges a flat 3% for credit card payments, but CIP earns 3x on the payment and fee; no fee for debit cards and cash equivalent cards that Venmo processes as debit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter