I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the help of Plastiq, I'll have my msr complete this week for the CIP I got about two weeks ago. So these points I'm accumulating will go further if I can move them to a sapphire card. Is that right? So I should plan on double dipping the sapphires around October or so? I believe I'm still 2/24.

I reached my $6,000 limit on the 6% back in groceries on my Amex Blue Preferred this week also, thanks to this weekend's 4x fuel point promo at Kroger.

Just a follow up...I flew with my family last week and heard a conversation a few rows behind us. Apparently a woman and her daughter booked the window and aisle seats with the intention of switching with the middle seat person. The man refused and said something like “I’m not playing” when the mom asked him to switch. The daughter looked to be in her 20s. So there are people who won’t switch or maybe prefer the middle seat.
:rotfl2: Called out by one who knew their game and didn’t care about having the middle seat, lol. Guess someone should have booked what they wanted instead of manipulating the seating chart. Gotta say it’s prob rare someone who doesn’t want to switch out of the middle though!

With the help of Plastiq, I'll have my msr complete this week for the CIP I got about two weeks ago. So these points I'm accumulating will go further if I can move them to a sapphire card. Is that right? So I should plan on double dipping the sapphires around October or so? I believe I'm still 2/24.

I reached my $6,000 limit on the 6% back in groceries on my Amex Blue Preferred this week also, thanks to this weekend's 4x fuel point promo at Kroger.
They will have a rate of 1.5x if you move them to a Sapphire Reserve. CIP redeems at 1.25 which is same as Sapphire Preferred. Double dip for both Sapphire bonus and transfer all your points to the Reserve for 1.5x. October sounds wise for spreading out the apps.

You may have trouble with lowes buying all $1000 at once. Some were having activation issue when they walked out. i personally did $400 and then $600. no problems. Amazon Gift cards were purchased.
Staples, i did the full $1000 and i did it online, i purchased Home Depot gift cards.

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/card/starwood-preferred-guest/
"From now through July 31, 2018:Earn 2 Starpoints® for every dollar of eligible purchases on the Card at participating SPG® and Marriott Rewards® hotels. Earn 1 Starpoint for all other eligible purchases."

if be false advertising here if what you say is true.
My statement just closed. So it’s possible the $200 I spent since then won’t count. I did use Amex offers so it won’t kill me but I’ll be disappointed

With the help of Plastiq, I'll have my msr complete this week for the CIP I got about two weeks ago. So these points I'm accumulating will go further if a can move them to a sapphire card. Is that right? So I should plan on double dipping the sapphires around October or so? I believe I'm still 2/24.

So 1 UR is equal to 1 cent in cash (statement credit or bank deposit). If you transfer URs to hotel points or airline miles with Chase’s travel partners, most if not all transfer 1:1. However, if you book travel (airfare, hotel, car rentals, cruises, amusement park tickets) though Chase’s UR travel portal (think Expedia) or Chase’s cruise and tour department (think travel agents), the CIP gives you a 25% bonus on the 1 cent value per point, so factor in a 1.25x multiplier, e.g., a $500 flight will cost you only 40,000 UR (effectively $400 in cash out value).

The CSP has the same 25% bonus when booking travel through Chase. The CSR has a 50% redemption bonus (1.5x multiplier), which is why a lot of us keep at least one CSR in the household, despite the fee, so we can pool all our points in the CSR because the CSR makes those points 1.5x more valuable when redeemed for travel through Chase.

You can move points between your own cards (but it always makes sense to move them to the card with the best redemption value, whether that’s the CIP/CSP for their 25% bonus or CSR for its 50% bonus), and transfer to another Chase UR card in your household. There are rumors that Chase is considering restrictions to how points can be transferred and redeemed as a way to possibly reign in the costs of the UR program. These rumors began about a year ago when some of these ideas appeared in a leaked survey. If Chase does decide to implement any changes, it could happen with relatively short notice, so it’s always best practice to transfer your UR points as soon as they post at the end of every statement from other UR cards (like the Freedoms or CIC/CIU) to combine and pool them into one UR card that’ll give you the best redemption value (the CIP/CSP or CSR).

Good luck on the double dip! Let us know if you hav any questions and we can help.

Last edited:
For those that have stayed at the Dolphin/Swan, which one is the best choice? Also since they are not Disney owned you do not get Magical Express correct?
No Magical Express, no Magic Bands. I booked one night at a Disney resort followed by Dolphin last time. This got us a ME ride and new MBs then transfer to Dolphin (which Disney will do for you) We had a night at Poly since we started at MK the next day. While we were off to MK, our luggage was transferred to Dolphin. We checked in later then hopped to Epcot. We used Uber back to MCO

Back from my quick trip to Las Vegas, fun but too short! Thanks for all the advice.

Flew Southwest, there was a promotion for the new priority card on their inflight app, but the offer was the same. No other churning news, re-thinking going for the CP, given the reduced sign on bonuses for the personal cards and in my opinion lackluster sign on bonus for the priority. Right now unless something super awesome comes up I'm just going to wait and see and continue to maximize my spend on my current cards. Sucks that this quarter bonus on the DiscoverIt is restaurants, no way I'll max that out and I'm trying to cut back on dining out.

Back from my quick trip to Las Vegas, fun but too short! Thanks for all the advice.

Flew Southwest, there was a promotion for the new priority card on their inflight app, but the offer was the same. No other churning news, re-thinking going for the CP, given the reduced sign on bonuses for the personal cards and in my opinion lackluster sign on bonus for the priority. Right now unless something super awesome comes up I'm just going to wait and see and continue to maximize my spend on my current cards. Sucks that this quarter bonus on the DiscoverIt is restaurants, no way I'll max that out and I'm trying to cut back on dining out.
I’m kinda in the same place. Not eating out much, so Discover is a bummer. Walgreens for Freedom not helpful either.
Originally planned CP for end of this year and then they came out with the “one bonus every 24 months” thing, so can’t get the SW personal for a while. Biding time with AA Biz Card and earring URs where I can. I think I’ll upgrade Hilton Amex for 75 k in August (offer on my current card)

Just a follow up...I flew with my family last week and heard a conversation a few rows behind us. Apparently a woman and her daughter booked the window and aisle seats with the intention of switching with the middle seat person. The man refused and said something like “I’m not playing” when the mom asked him to switch. The daughter looked to be in her 20s. So there are people who won’t switch or maybe prefer the middle seat.

He'll be the one enjoying the five and a half hours of me talking over top of him loudly to my DH :rotfl2: I'm petty and have no shame so it won't bother me a bit!

Anyone asked Citi to match the 70k AA miles after applying for the 50k card? I know plenty of people on Reddit have done it, was just wondering on when the best time is to ask for that match. Don't have the card yet and didn't know if maybe I should call in when I activate it to ask or wait until I meet MSR.

My statement just closed. So it’s possible the $200 I spent since then won’t count. I did use Amex offers so it won’t kill me but I’ll be disappointed

i plan to do another 4k on my spg card. im 4k away from SPG gold. i get the feeling ill get it anyways from the Marriott/SPG combined nights.

Anyone asked Citi to match the 70k AA miles after applying for the 50k card? I know plenty of people on Reddit have done it, was just wondering on when the best time is to ask for that match. Don't have the card yet and didn't know if maybe I should call in when I activate it to ask or wait until I meet MSR.
I SM once I activate the card, never had issues. Idk if you have to activate it first or not. Remember, if you don’t get matched just write a new SM with the same request.

Quick DP - Just bought WDW tickets using UR. I called Chase travel and spoke with Candice. I told her I wanted to buy WDW tickets directly from Disney and not a third part. Less than 10 min later I got the confirmation # and was able to link to my Disney experience!:tigger:
I asked if it was possible to buy party tickets as well and she said it is! So in a couple weeks I will be calling her back and getting out Halloween Party tickets!:earboy2:
That was such an easy experience! I am very impressed!
Buy the way I just got those points deposited in my account last week! I guess I am a earn and burn them as fast as I can :moped:

This is awesome to learn!

So 1 UR is equal to 1 cent in cash (statement credit or bank deposit). If you transfer URs to hotel points or airline miles with Chase’s travel partners, most if not all transfer 1:1. However, if you book travel (airfare, hotel, car rentals, cruises, amusement park tickets) though Chase’s UR travel portal (think Expedia) or Chase’s cruise and tour department (think travel agents), the CIP gives you a 25% bonus on the 1 cent value per point, so factor in a 1.25x multiplier, e.g., a $500 flight will cost you only 40,000 UR (effectively $400 in cash out value).

The CSP has the same 25% bonus when booking travel through Chase. The CSR has a 50% redemption bonus (1.5x multiplier), which is why a lot of us keep at least one CSR in the household, despite the fee, so we can pool all our points in the CSR because the CSR makes those points 1.5x more valuable when redeemed for travel through Chase.

You can move points between your own cards (but it always makes sense to move them to the card with the best redemption value, whether that’s the CIP/CSP for their 25% bonus or CSR for its 50% bonus), and transfer to another Chase UR card in your household. There are rumors that Chase is considering restrictions to how points can be transferred and redeemed as a way to possibly reign in the costs of the UR program. These rumors began about a year ago when some of these ideas appeared in a leaked survey. If Chase does decide to implement any changes, it could happen with relatively short notice, so it’s always best practice to transfer your UR points as soon as they post at the end of every statement from other UR cards (like the Freedoms or CIC/CIU) to combine and pool them into one UR card that’ll give you the best redemption value (the CIP/CSP or CSR).

Good luck on the double dip! Let us know if you hav any questions and we can help.

Thanks, Lain. I feel like that has helped clarify things in my mind about the UR's and the 2 Sapphire cards. One gap I do have in my cards right now is that there's nothing to get me extra points on restaurants. It would be nice to get something that would give me more than 1% back on those spends. Not that we eat out a lot, but maybe once or twice a week. I also like the idea of the rotating categories on the CF. I feel like I'd have a ton of fun figuring out ways to max those out.

:rotfl2: Called out by one who knew their game and didn’t care about having the middle seat, lol. Guess someone should have booked what they wanted instead of manipulating the seating chart. Gotta say it’s prob rare someone who doesn’t want to switch out of the middle though!
We just flew SW to PHX and I couldn’t believe how many people only purchased EBCI for one person in their party and then proceeded to “reserve” 3 rows of seats while flight attendants were standing saying nothing to them. I don’t typically mind people buying 1 EBCI and saving the other 2 seats in their row but really 3 rows :(

We just flew SW to PHX and I couldn’t believe how many people only purchased EBCI for one person in their party and then proceeded to “reserve” 3 rows of seats while flight attendants were standing saying nothing to them. I don’t typically mind people buying 1 EBCI and saving the other 2 seats in their row but really 3 rows :(

That’s not acceptable. You would’ve just plopped down there anyways.

Yeah that's ridiculous. I'd be mad at that too. But I don't considering booking an aisle and a window seat as the same thing. Especially since there are still 50 seats available on our flight lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter