I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giant Eagle. They have over 200 stores with most located in Western PA and Ohio. They stretch into WV, MD, and IN as well I believe.

It's not 12% back...but rather 12% value in gas if you can max out the usage (which we can). When I save money on gas this way, I attribute the full cost of the gas as a transportation expense in my spreadsheet and accrue the amount saved towards travel.

I have to wait until it's a double fuel perks time (which happens fairly frequently) and make sure we don't earn more Gas than we can use since they expire in 2-3 months.
Is Giant the same as Giant Eagle? We have them in my area of MD and in the part of PA near me. (I’m a mile from PA/MD line on the MD side.)

Is Giant the same as Giant Eagle? We have them in my area of MD and in the part of PA near me. (I’m a mile from PA/MD line on the MD side.)
No, while they are often confused for one another, they are completely separate chains with no common ownership.

I had this happen at Universal last year. I had booked for 4 nights then decided we didn't really need that last night. I had booked with AP rates. I called to cancel the last night and they would not let me. They said they were fully booked. I argued that I didn't want a night, I just wanted to have one less night. But they said they would have to cancel and rebook the whole thing and they were booked. I argued that if they cancelled my room, then they had a room to give me still. No dice. So weird.

Yeah - Disney is weird like that too where if you have 4 nights and try to cancel 1, they will only let you if you could've booked 3 nights based on the current availability. I'm sure it's to avoid having empty nights but it sure is annoying.

1 of the TAs I talk to contends she can get it done...the other said probably not...But I think I'm going in a diff direction now anyways.

Yikes I had no idea this is the way things work. Good to know, but still ridiculous.

FYI on TY point posting. My stmt closed 9/14, my points became available today. If you're cutting it close remember to give yourself some extra time with that card for the points to post after closing. I'm initiating my transfer to Etihad so will report on the timing of that. I expect it to take just over a week if all works well, if not it could be a couple weeks but fingers crossed it works right! I called Etihad to check on the availbility for booking my Air Seychelles flight and they confirmed what I saw on Expert Flyer. They don't put flights on hold so I'm stuck with Etihad miles if this doesn't work... Fingers double crossed this all works I guess!

Darn... let me just remove those offers from my card lol.

Do you know anyone that has a Sams Club membership in real life? I have a friend who has one and last time I had the offer it was easy enough for her to log in and buy what I wanted (I think 3 $150 Disney gift cards for $142) and then use my credit card to pay. The cards even shipped to my house no problem. Just an option at least. This time I don't have the offer on my card but DH has it on his so I will be taking his card into work one day and having her do it again. It is a decent savings so might be worth some investigation on your part. :)

Gah, this Chase/Disney thing has me in a tizzy!:crazy2: We were planning to use UR for WDW next June, but there's no way I can cash out at 1 cpp when I know I could use them for 1.5 somewhere else! So then I'm thinking about changing our planned Thanksgiving trip to Yosemite that's going to cost us some cash to something where we can use UR, like maybe the redwoods, so that we have that cash to put towards the WDW trip. But then, of course, if I do that and it turns out later that you CAN use UR on Disney resorts (we want to do room only), we would have used a chunk of our URs. Sigh...

DP - Ok so I met the $1,000 Spend on my DH's AMEX Gold Card. This was the one that I got the Pop -up but interpreted to mean that I may not be eligible and continued on and was approved. I had Chatted with AMEX when I got the card and they confirmed that the offer was on my card. So, I met the spend and just chatted with them again to see if I had fulfilled all my requirements. The rep came back and said the bonus was originally on my card but the bonus was declined for misuse of bonus offer in the past. So, sadly I will not be getting the 50,000 Points. Only other AMEX cards that DH had were the SPG Personal and Business and pretty much did not put much on after the bonus. Hard lesson to learn. The sad thing is I can't even have DH apply later for the same card to see if he gets offer again since he now has the card. Now to decide to keep it or not...

I am so sorry! I went to battle last year on my husbands Delta Platinum Business because they didn't want to give him the bonus. Multiple live chats over months a couple phone calls (which were exceedingly painful as he had to be there since it was his card) and nothing worked. This was before the pop ups started and we clearly had made the spend without cash equivalents etc. Long story short Only thing that finally worked is I opened up a Twitter account for him and addressed it that way. We did get the miles but it was not even listed as courtesy points.

If you don't have the energy for that I honestly would just let it go and right off your DH and Amex. Do you have any reason really to keep the card? I wouldn't want to deal with it out of spite. At this point I might just focus on yourself and your relationship with them. That is pretty much where I am at now. Maybe later I will try again with him but I think he is clearly on their list for no real reason. In fact, we both got the SPG personal at the same time in April 2017. He had put a ton of spend on the card (a lot more than I have) and I got the 100k offer to upgrade to the Lux and he has gotten nothing.

Do you know anyone that has a Sams Club membership in real life? I have a friend who has one and last time I had the offer it was easy enough for her to log in and buy what I wanted (I think 3 $150 Disney gift cards for $142) and then use my credit card to pay. The cards even shipped to my house no problem. Just an option at least. This time I don't have the offer on my card but DH has it on his so I will be taking his card into work one day and having her do it again. It is a decent savings so might be worth some investigation on your part. :)

I'll have to look around. My mom used to but doesn't anymore because we've always preferred Costco. I think for right now I'm going to hit these little RMN and BBY deals as they pop up and then look more into Sams once things with Chase and URs are truly settled (unfortunately).

Who else has a Discover? I'm trying to decide if I should go for maxing it out next quarter through Amazon.

Last year the quarter was Amazon and Target. Between both of those 2 during Christmas time I had no trouble maxing it out. This year I will change Discover to my Amazon account and see how it goes. Since it is warehouse clubs too I figure I will put whatever on Amazon and then make up the difference with gift cards for Costco.

I am pretty sporadic in my use of Discover but I think Amazon is a great usable category. This year I have not used it all that much. I was leaning toward not using it and keeping with my current plan of CIC Amazon gift cards but honestly this whole Chase thing has made me a little hesitant to ignore other routes (and savings of real money) just to try to build UR's.

depends on your card line... i much rather earn 5x UR than 5% cash back with a CIC.
You can also buy gift cards off Amazon with amazon gift cards too so thats also an idea u can do.

No CIC yet, just CF lol I figure I can buy just buy gift cards from amazon to max out.

Last year the quarter was Amazon and Target. Between both of those 2 during Christmas time I had no trouble maxing it out. This year I will change Discover to my Amazon account and see how it goes. Since it is warehouse clubs too I figure I will put whatever on Amazon and then make up the difference with gift cards for Costco.

I am pretty sporadic in my use of Discover but I think Amazon is a great usable category. This year I have not used it all that much. I was leaning toward not using it and keeping with my current plan of CIC Amazon gift cards but honestly this whole Chase thing has made me a little hesitant to ignore other routes (and savings of real money) just to try to build UR's.

I'm going to have no problem maxing out the CF at Costco this coming quarter!

I'll have to look around. My mom used to but doesn't anymore because we've always preferred Costco. I think for right now I'm going to hit these little RMN and BBY deals as they pop up and then look more into Sams once things with Chase and URs are truly settled (unfortunately).

I am so far behind on this board that I don't even understand what people are talking about anymore, LOL. Please tell me, what are RMN and BBY deals?

Also, I have a question regarding the turmoil with Chase and Disney...if I already booked my trip and transferred it to Chase...does this mean I will be unable to pay it off using my UR points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter