I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so far behind on this board that I don't even understand what people are talking about anymore, LOL. Please tell me, what are RMN and BBY deals?

Also, I have a question regarding the turmoil with Chase and Disney...if I already booked my trip and transferred it to Chase...does this mean I will be unable to pay it off using my UR points?

RMN is Retail Me Not, an app that has different offers for stores when you spend a minimum amount there. BBY is Best Buy. There have been 5x URs on some Chase cards recently for Best Buy, plus people have been stacking it with the Swagbucks deals.

Sounds like you need to be a DP for us on paying with URs... I'd be raising holy heck if I couldn't!

Since you are open to biz cards why not the AS biz card. It has an increased offer of 30k miles after 1k in spend plus a companion fare of 0, you just pay the taxes. The AF is just $50. I just got the card in the mail today :) It's BofA but doesn't post to your CR.
I read the AF different when I looked that up, it's 50 AF with 25 per card. I took that as still $75 for me since my card, in addition to others, would get the $25 fee as well. I admit I didn't research it further as I was ok with that since that makes it the same as the personal but without increasing my x/24 count :) But if it's not that's even better.

@SouthFayetteFan and anyone else who may have knowledge....

What are your closing dates on your CSP & CSR?

When I opened mine on 8/28 the CSR payment due date was 10/23, almost 2 whole months from open date. It doesn't show a statement closing date. I don't remember my CSP closing or due date and it doesn't show me online anymore, but I remember it being many days earlier. I'm thinking it may have been end of September even but my memory and spreadsheet (non-existent) aren't as good as yours! Lol

The reason I ask is I am trying to make a partial payment of $3000 on the CSR with a remaining balance of approx $900. It will only let me pay the FULL amount. A glitch? More Chase shenanigans? Or maybe another account shut down for me in the future?

When I opened mine on 8/28 the CSR payment due date was 10/23, almost 2 whole months from open date. It doesn't show a statement closing date. I don't remember my CSP closing or due date and it doesn't show me online anymore, but I remember it being many days earlier. I'm thinking it may have been end of September even but my memory and spreadsheet (non-existent) aren't as good as yours! Lol

The reason I ask is I am trying to make a partial payment of $3000 on the CSR with a remaining balance of approx $900. It will only let me pay the FULL amount. A glitch? More Chase shenanigans? Or maybe another account shut down for me in the future?
That will be your first payment due date (10/23). I’d guess your first statement will close around 9/26-9/28. I don’t know what the whole payment issue is - but I’ve never tried to pay a card before my first statement closed.

All this news is sinking in and mucking up my plans. :sad2: I found this group when trying to figure out if I was being smart with my MR points ---> airline seats, but I was amazed and thrilled to learn that there was a card that could help pay for Disney. Fast forward and now Chase points don't work for that (if we even get the bonus). So I guess I have to step back, wait and see how many points we actually end up with, and figure out if there is a good place to use them. We definitely have other travel goals, but some of those involve DCL or ABD. So the Chase cards won't help with those. At this point I'm reluctant to put anything at all on the cards. We have over 20K URs right now just from spend on the DD but I still want those bonus points, Chase...

I've never had that happen, but have no explanation. I pay biweekly on all of my cards.

DH's DD on the CSR and CSP was on 8/26, and both cards show as due on 10/22, with no statement date yet either. When they lowered the CL to $1000 on the CSP Friday, I paid off the current balance, which was only three hundred something but had a few hundred more pending. I have never tried to pay off a partial balance either.

He got another secure message today from the lending department just saying he could call them Mon-Fri. Not sure if that was just because our inquiry was over the weekend, or if there is another problem.

I’ve made many partial payments on new cards...just set one up this morning....so I not sure what’s going on.....assuming the $3000 is a typo and you were trying to pay $300 of the $900 balance

My new cards showed the same a due date about 2 months out...your statement will probably close around 9/20

Last edited:
I’ve made many partial payments on new cards...just set one up this morning....so I not sure what’s going on.....assuming the $3000 is a typo and you were trying to pay $300 of the $900 balance
No, my balance is 3,900 and I was trying to pay off 3,000 so I wouldn't be required to do math to find out if I met my spend yet.

I remember that from the Xmas party thread last year. I also remember the people who eventually started having their FPs cancelled out from under them after doing something like that. I’m sorry I don’t remember more but personally I would do a lot of research into how this went last year to make sure you’re gonna be ok.

Really not much of a loss if they cancel those FP's they were made under 30 days so there was not much to choose from but I grabbed Jungle Cruise since I heard thats not open during the party and we didn't already have it on a non-party day. This will be our first Halloween party. We did two Christmas parties last year, was just supposed to be one but we got some pixie dust to a sold out party just before Christmas from a CM that went well beyond anything I would have expected!

For the lovers of prepaid GC's, I finally paid attention to the giant rack of them at BJ's. All VGCs and MCGCs are Vanilla, but they have AmEx as well. Only two options for $500 denomination, Vanilla Visa and OV Visa (both 4.95) or AmEx (5.95). Fixed $200 are 5.49 fee, 100 for 4.99, 50 for 3.49. Have a 3 pk of $25's for 82.99.... not sure who's going to pay that.

Giant Eagle. They have over 200 stores with most located in Western PA and Ohio. They stretch into WV, MD, and IN as well I believe.

It's not 12% back...but rather 12% value in gas if you can max out the usage (which we can). When I save money on gas this way, I attribute the full cost of the gas as a transportation expense in my spreadsheet and accrue the amount saved towards travel.

I have to wait until it's a double fuel perks time (which happens fairly frequently) and make sure we don't earn more Gas than we can use since they expire in 2-3 months.

That was me in May when I bought almost $5000 in Universal GC at Giant Eagle. We managed to use up all the fuel perks by the end of July, but it was close! Plus my AmEx with 6% back on grocery purchases added to the savings. They're gonna love me at Universal because they are all in denominations of $100 and their redemption process at the resort is a pain. (Restaurants and shops can take them easily, not sure why the resorts have a 2 step process.)

Darn, I should have opened DH a RMN account also in order to DD the savings! Going to do that now and then I can make a run later in the week for him.
I’m wondering if I can link the same CC to 2 different RMN accounts. I can open RMN for DH, but I’d like to use my CC.
ETA I see a couple people mentioned this is not possible

Last edited:
Bad form to bump my own post, I know, but 10 pages have flown by and I don't think anyone answered amongst the RMN frenzy - so can anyone confirm the answer to my question? TIA.

I didn't. I did Chase Marriott Biz APP on 6/15/18 and then did Chase Freedom 7/26/18. I did the Amtrak card in between. The Amtrak card put me at 5/24 and the Chase Freedom put me at 6/24. Then the SPG Lux put me at 7/24. So now I have to wait till mid 2019 to be under 5/24 again.

That said, I rather impulsively applied for the Freedom when it occurred to me that Chase probably wouldn't 'see' my Amtrak card at the time. Sort of a double dip with 2 companies.

I got approved. I haven't been shut down. But most try to take it easy and slow with Chase.

I agree and it’s why I don’t have a Sam’s membership or shop at Walmart much. I am a slut for Disney though and buy the Disney GC on a friend’s membership.

I just choked on my fruit. Thanks! :rotfl2:

Who else has a Discover? I'm trying to decide if I should go for maxing it out next quarter through Amazon.

Should be easy with both categories for us. I am in the first year, so a sweet 10% back.

For the lovers of prepaid GC's, I finally paid attention to the giant rack of them at BJ's. All VGCs and MCGCs are Vanilla, but they have AmEx as well. Only two options for $500 denomination, Vanilla Visa and OV Visa (both 4.95) or AmEx (5.95). Fixed $200 are 5.49 fee, 100 for 4.99, 50 for 3.49. Have a 3 pk of $25's for 82.99.... not sure who's going to pay that.

Can you purchase a GC with a CC at BJs? This is very tempting and a sweet deal for 4Q Discover!

What is OV?

I had this happen at Universal last year. I had booked for 4 nights then decided we didn't really need that last night. I had booked with AP rates. I called to cancel the last night and they would not let me. They said they were fully booked. I argued that I didn't want a night, I just wanted to have one less night. But they said they would have to cancel and rebook the whole thing and they were booked. I argued that if they cancelled my room, then they had a room to give me still. No dice. So weird.
When I booked Dolphin last year, that happened to me. However, when I called SPG, they said they couldn’t do it but the Dolphin front desk has a different version of the software and they can make adjustments like that. Crazy. OTOH, Hyatt has no problem adjusting my res for one less night (booked 3 nights, needing 2 because couldn’t book 2 on points but could book 3) and just said “I’ll just back that down one night and you’re all set” Shortest phone call ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter