I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I want to create an account for DH. ( I have 2 email address so could use the other one). Could both accounts be set up to go to the same Paypal account if both emails are linked (DH does not have Paypal). Gift Cards at 40% if a no brainer and they give you Cash Back instead of Gift Cards. This is awesome. I should have paid more attention to this sooner.
You could try adding your second email to your Paypal acct and you should be fine. I have no experience with that and RMN, but I do use 2 Swagbucks acct emails and one Paypal acct and everything goes through just fine. I have my son's email as secondary on my Paypal acct so his SB cashouts go to my Paypal acct.

Did we determine that the RMN offer for Home Depot was definitely working for gift cards? Going to hit there and CVS today if they do. I was going to go by CVS yesterday but we ended up having multiple tornadoes touch down here :confused: Very strange weather for an area that is NOT part of tornado alley!

Mine have worked in the past and I saw others say that their gc purchases from HD yesterday are pending.

Are CSRs automatically expedited or do I need to call in?

It is automatically expedited.

Approved for the CSR :woohoo: Now I can buy those tickets as soon as our friend's visa is approved :thumbsup2

Thanks for the virtual hand-holding! Since the income part said "primary source of income" I selected other and used our household income amount. Whew.

Are CSRs automatically expedited or do I need to call in?
Congrats!!! Another DP for auto-expedited too - you should get the card very quickly.

I have a similar question. I was thinking of creating an account for DH since all these stores are within 5 minutes of us and we are headed to Disney next week. Do you think I have to be logged into his account in the store for the app to track? Meaning, I can't make a $50 purchase at Staples and split the payment between two cards linked to two RMN accounts? Just a thought. Our Staples only has $50 Disney GCs.

I'm planning on signing up DH for an RMN account too. It will be linked to his email address, with his credit cards linked to his RMN account. Since you could potentially get $20 back on the $50 Disney GC purchase by using 2 RMN accounts, I would try to split tender, you just need to tell the cashier you want to split the payment on two cards. Put $25 on one of the CCs in your account and $25 on one of the CCs in your DH's account. If you're uncertain, I would just ask the cashier if that is something you can do before entering into the transaction. I don't know if digital wallet payments work since those create a different card number...

I would make them different CCs too since I read somewhere that it runs on the Empyr network which recognizes which cards are attached to which programs (like Dosh, dining programs, etc.) and you can't duplicate a CC in different programs. Has anyone else run into that? I've also noticed that VGC and MCGC don't work in the RMN app to link CC.

No bonus on CSR today. I guess there is hope, though that it is coming...

I also did something so dumb yesterday. Checked on my Cabana Bay reservation and saw that the price had gone down 6,000 URs! And it was even an upgraded room (I actually don't care at all but still). Yay! So I cancelled and then went to rebook this morning.

Well, I had forgotten to check after taxes, so the savings wasn't really a savings at all. In fact, I just paid 2,000 MORE URs. I can't believe I did that. I mean, it is an upgraded room, so that explains the difference but I would rather have the URs!

You could try adding your second email to your Paypal acct and you should be fine. I have no experience with that and RMN, but I do use 2 Swagbucks acct emails and one Paypal acct and everything goes through just fine. I have my son's email as secondary on my Paypal acct so his SB cashouts go to my Paypal acct.

OT but that's interesting your son's SB cashout to your PP. They list on the page that the name on both accounts has to match too and not just the email. Hubby doesn't have a verified PP account and has no interest in making it verified, so I figured we're stuck with GC's for his SB account. (not that he earns much) Has it been that way for a long time, like it's grandfathered in? I'd be tempted to try but he earns so little I'd hate to lose the points if it gets blocked and they won't refund it.

I had never heard of RMN until I read about it here the past couple of days. I downloaded the app and linked my CSP. I found the CVS offer and hit the link button. Now I just have to go to CVS and spend $25 on my CSP to get the cash back? I don't have to have them scan anything in the app? That's so easy that I feel like I'm missing something. Am I?

I'm planning on signing up DH for an RMN account too. It will be linked to his email address, with his credit cards linked to his RMN account. Since you could potentially get $20 back on the $50 Disney GC purchase by using 2 RMN accounts, I would try to split tender, you just need to tell the cashier you want to split the payment on two cards. Put $25 on one of the CCs in your account and $25 on one of the CCs in your DH's account. If you're uncertain, I would just ask the cashier if that is something you can do before entering into the transaction. I don't know if digital wallet payments work since those create a different card number...

I would make them different CCs too since I read somewhere that it runs on the Empyr network which recognizes which cards are attached to which programs (like Dosh, dining programs, etc.) and you can't duplicate a CC in different programs. Has anyone else run into that? I've also noticed that VGC and MCGC don't work in the RMN app to link CC.

Thanks! I will report back once I try this today. At a minimum, I will get back $10 off $50 which is still 20%. I know Walgreens carries the $25 so I can just do two transactions there. I was just worried when someone said they didn't have their data on while in the store that I had to actually be logged into his app.

ETA: I wondered about the VGCs and MCGs. Would have been a great stack with the Amex 10%!

Last edited:
There are a bunch of DPs coming in on Reddit of Chase bonuses going pending. One of particular interest...person applied for double dip 8/10 and now sees pending bonus on both CSR & CSP! Good news for those of us concerned about Double Dip bonuses. I just need to stay patient now, lol!

Yes I just checked and my CIU bonus just went pending. Looks like it took a little over 30 days and the closing of one statement. I feel a little nicer toward Chase now than I have been. A little...

OT but that's interesting your son's SB cashout to your PP. They list on the page that the name on both accounts has to match too and not just the email. Hubby doesn't have a verified PP account and has no interest in making it verified, so I figured we're stuck with GC's for his SB account. (not that he earns much) Has it been that way for a long time, like it's grandfathered in? I'd be tempted to try but he earns so little I'd hate to lose the points if it gets blocked and they won't refund it.
I honestly don't remember if that was the wording when I did it the first time or not. I have never had an issue though. I'm pretty sure the wording was there and I decided to give it a try anyway. I have about 5 emails attached to my Paypal acct, some for my business and some for rewards, so I knew from the from the Paypal side the name wasn't too big of a deal. Some transactions are my company name and some are my name. It's free money and while I would have hated to lose it, it was worth a try for me so I went for it. Been doing it for at least a year+ now.

I had never heard of RMN until I read about it here the past couple of days. I downloaded the app and linked my CSP. I found the CVS offer and hit the link button. Now I just have to go to CVS and spend $25 on my CSP to get the cash back? I don't have to have them scan anything in the app? That's so easy that I feel like I'm missing something. Am I?

There is nothing to scan in the app! As long as card is linked, and you pay with that card, and have the offer activated, you should be good.

I was just going to ask the same thing. After reading about RMN here I decided to jump in. Went to 4 stores last night and got 4 Gift Cards (I always get my kids a bunch of different gift cards for Christmas so getting different ones they can use). They all showed "Pending" right away.

So, I want to create an account for DH. ( I have 2 email address so could use the other one). Could both accounts be set up to go to the same Paypal account if both emails are linked (DH does not have Paypal). Gift Cards at 40% if a no brainer and they give you Cash Back instead of Gift Cards. This is awesome. I should have paid more attention to this sooner.

I’m new to RMN, so I’m not sure. But @wendow mentioned that you can’t link the same credit card number to two RMN accounts, even if you delete the card from one RMN account before trying to link it to another RMN account. RMN may work the same way with linking the same PayPal account. I’d add that PayPal also does not let you link a credit card to an account that’s been linked to another account (even if you’re trying to link an AU account with the same number).

Did we determine that the RMN offer for Home Depot was definitely working for gift cards? Going to hit there and CVS today if they do. I was going to go by CVS yesterday but we ended up having multiple tornadoes touch down here :confused: Very strange weather for an area that is NOT part of tornado alley!
Worked for me yesterday

I’m new to RMN, so I’m not sure. But @wendow mentioned that you can’t link the same credit card number to two RMN accounts, even if you delete the card from one RMN account before trying to link it to another RMN account. RMN may work the same way with linking the same PayPal account. I’d add that PayPal also does not let you link a credit card to an account that’s been linked to another account (even if you’re trying to link an AU account with the same number).

I have my dd18 and dh's emails both linked to my PP and RMN doesn't seem to have a problem with that. I cash both of their accounts out to my PP.

There's a DP on the gift card thread that Home Depot did NOT work today with a GC and filler purchase.

ETA: I meant to say did not work

Also how would RMN know what was purchased in store? I understand something ending in a even number is suspicious but they aren’t getting data sent to them are they?

Okay. My stupid questions. (I am going to knock them out in one post).

RetailMeNot. You download app. Go to in store cash back. Then you sign up for an account and link a credit card. How does it work with cash back? Is it a credit on the cc account? Some sort of cash that you can cash out? Sorry I usually don't have the patience or time for this type of thing (i.e. Swagbucks) but this seems easy enough.

Second stupid question. I am sorry @Lain I know you or @tink1970 have explained this. The BGR is my first MR earning card. Payment due at end of month. But I don't see anything as far as earned MR's or pending MR's. It is still showing as zero. Where do I look?

Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter