I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
#'s 4&5.....(btw thank you!!!) I know all about the Cp rules etc...so we're good there, I was thinking having her(or DH) go for cp starting late December so it'll be for two years. #1- I will ask about the biz, if it's sole, would it go DH gets Cip, then refers DW? -Oh why would it be better fo DH to get the CP first,vs. the DW?

ok- DH owns biz solely, has it's own tax#(ein?) DW does the paperwork so technically could call herself an employee to app for CIP? if this is the case, would they do DH first as sole owner, then he can refer her?

If the husband owns the business solely, and all the paperwork is in his name, I don't think the wife should apply using the official business name or EIN. The reasons being, (1) to apply for a card for a business, you need to be an authorizing officer: an owner, partner, member, president, vice president, or treasurer -- not just an employee; (2) if the wife applies for the card using the official business name (that doesn't match her legal name), Chase will want to see some documentation of her name and position with the business; (3) if she applies as a sole proprietor, it can't be with the business name -- it has to be her full name or it'll get flagged and go back to #2; and (4) if she applies with the EIN and not her SSN, Chase checks the EIN and will see only her husband's name on it.

I don't really have much experience with businesses owned by one spouse, but the other spouse applying for a business card using that business. I know there are some here who have done this. Don't rely on me for this, but I think they just applied as a sole proprietor, in their own legal name, using their SSN, but otherwise using the actual business's info for type of business, revenue, etc. It'd be more straightforward if the husband applies for the business cards since his name is on everything.

I would suggest one of them get the CIP now, then refer the other down the line whenever they're comfortable with the spend. Getting the CIP now would put about 3 months between now and mid- to late-December, when you're planning for one of them to go for the SW Biz.

As for why the husband should get the CP first,vs. the wife? That sort of depends on how they want to time their apps with at least 90 days in between business card apps (to avoid risk of denial or shutdown by Chase). If the husband goes for the CIP now, in 3 months he could go for the SW Biz and start chasing the CP for next year and 2020. If the husband gets the CIP now and refers the wife for her own CIP in October or November, that means the wife shouldn't go for the SW Biz until January or February. Also, again, you said you think the wife has a SW personal card already. She'd need to cancel that card before applying for another SW personal card.

(If the wife isn't comfortable going for biz cards in her own name, she can always go for the CSP or CSR, which the husband can't refer her to and has a smaller bonus than the CIP -- but still, 50,000 UR! However, since double dipping 2 personal SW cards is dead, the only way for her to eventually get the CP is by doing 1 SW Biz+1 SW personal card.)

Are you flying soon..there is an inflight offer for 50,000....if not yes you need to get another 10k via spend...you can also do your online shopping through the RR portal to earn points.

Just make sure you earn all 110,000 points in the same calendar year..to get the CP
Thanks, that was my plan to complete the spend in late December or January to get the CP for 2019/2020. I am flying in February so I could wait if the offer doesn't go up before then.

At this rate I will be able to open a packing cube outlet :rotfl:

In other news, I saw 2 first class seats on Emirates become available for the return flight we have next spring coming back from the Maldives that was booked on business class with Alaska miles. DH and I have our return flights booked separately and we decided to go ahead and change it up to first for the return. So, I got my flight done and then when I went to do DH's the other first class seat was gone :eek: I don't know if someone else was booking the same flight at the same time or if it glitched out after my seat was booked. Sigh ...
Oh no! Guess you'll have to flip a coin for who sits where.:upsidedow Fingers crossed you can upgrade him eventually!

Thanks, that was my plan to complete the spend in late December or January to get the CP for 2019/2020. I am flying in February so I could wait if the offer doesn't go up before then.

I’d make sure and wait To complete the spend in January then you’ll have the companion pass for 2019 and 2020..
If you complete the spend this December you only have it for the rest of 2018 and 2019

Another question on RMN - I've been using it and love the ease of it, but am looking into adding an account for DH.

Can I just create an account for him on my phone, or do I need to have him do it on his phone?

Also, is there a monthly limit for these transactions? Seems I've read that they've started a limit on the number of cash back offers you can do in a month, but I can't find anything official about it.

Thanks!

I was just going to ask the same thing. After reading about RMN here I decided to jump in. Went to 4 stores last night and got 4 Gift Cards (I always get my kids a bunch of different gift cards for Christmas so getting different ones they can use). They all showed "Pending" right away.

So, I want to create an account for DH. ( I have 2 email address so could use the other one). Could both accounts be set up to go to the same Paypal account if both emails are linked (DH does not have Paypal). Gift Cards at 40% if a no brainer and they give you Cash Back instead of Gift Cards. This is awesome. I should have paid more attention to this sooner.

I was just going to ask the same thing. After reading about RMN here I decided to jump in. Went to 4 stores last night and got 4 Gift Cards (I always get my kids a bunch of different gift cards for Christmas so getting different ones they can use). They all showed "Pending" right away.

So, I want to create an account for DH. ( I have 2 email address so could use the other one). Could both accounts be set up to go to the same Paypal account if both emails are linked (DH does not have Paypal). Gift Cards at 40% if a no brainer and they give you Cash Back instead of Gift Cards. This is awesome. I should have paid more attention to this sooner.

I think it's 3 per month per store, e.g. 3 at Walgreens, 3 at Staples, etc.

I know, it's better than online portals!!

I don't know about sending cash to the same Paypal account. All you can do is try it out and be the dp you want to see? I suspect each Paypal account can only have one email. If it doesn't work you can always open a Paypal account for DH. Both my DH and I have separate Paypal accounts.

For a few newbies I see joining us here...

Please consider joining our DISchurners Reddit group - just send me a PM if you are interested. We have some good info over there AND you can support a fellow DISer when you sign up for many new cards ;)

Based on all the DPs of people getting MSR points today, sounds like Chase is maybe finally catching up on posting these and it's unrelated to any third-quarter earning concerns like we've previously speculated? I honestly don't know what the reason could be for the delay at this point.

I haven't tried DH's yet but I am guessing it probably needs its own PayPal account similar to the credit cards. Lucky for us, we have two since we have 2 eBay accounts and they need their own PayPal also. If you open a PayPal for your DH, you could then transfer the funds to your account to send to the bank. I just let DH know I put money in the PayPal account and he handles getting it into the bank for us :)

congrats on getting your trip booked. Always exciting even if it is plan C. But my question is..you are booking through a TA, were you able to do that before this change? I thought that I had to book it myself and then call the Touring Department. So trying to look at the bright side I figure at least cashing out I will be able to use a TA and let them worry about fast passes etc. No chance for me to forget or mess it up. Our trip is the end of April so I could wait but we are doing a split stay. rented DVC for the first time and dont want to take a chance of messing that up. So I am going to book today, fingers crossed, that I can make all the dates coincide. As always Thanks for all the help!!
I was planning to book using URs so no, I would not have booked with this particular TA had that option remained open.

Based on all the DPs of people getting MSR points today, sounds like Chase is maybe finally catching up on posting these and it's unrelated to any third-quarter earning concerns like we've previously speculated? I honestly don't know what the reason could be for the delay at this point.
I’m thinking the same thing. Maybe it was just an IT issue. The quarter obviously isn’t over so the delays now make little sense from that perspective.

With the varying date range of meeting MSRs but all bonuses posting suddenly it seems like they specifically held them for something. Maybe some IT thing or financial thing...who knows. At least it appears to be fixed. Will be interesting to see if it happens again.

Did we determine that the RMN offer for Home Depot was definitely working for gift cards? Going to hit there and CVS today if they do. I was going to go by CVS yesterday but we ended up having multiple tornadoes touch down here :confused: Very strange weather for an area that is NOT part of tornado alley!

I was just looking at this since we're going back next summer. Does Alaska Airlines fly into PHL? I found I could do ANC to Seattle to IAD for 20K, with a stopover in Seattle.

They do. They have a non-stop red eye from SFO, which we are looking to tack on to the end of the trip. So I'm looking at a similar stopover for the bay area.

I have a similar question. I was thinking of creating an account for DH since all these stores are within 5 minutes of us and we are headed to Disney next week. Do you think I have to be logged into his account in the store for the app to track? Meaning, I can't make a $50 purchase at Staples and split the payment between two cards linked to two RMN accounts? Just a thought. Our Staples only has $50 Disney GCs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter