I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't normally indulge them...BUT I needed to go to Walgreens, CVS, Home Depot, Kohls, Big Lots and *maybe* Macys to hunt for GC's. I figured they deserved something to thank them for putting up with me and my craziness :)

My dh took them for Happy Meals again while I was in TX. SO, now they have had Happy Meals twice in their life. Not looking too deprived anymore :rotfl2:

I have a kid in college who has maybe been to McDonalds twice in her life. Yet she loves gummy bears, Coke bottles and gummy snakes and buys a pack every time she has a long haul flight. I get it.

Anyone else having trouble accessing the Ultimate Rewards page on Chase? The page never loads and just sits there blank for me. Tried several times. Just me?

I've experienced the same thing, numerous times over the past few weeks, on various Chase UR cards. I just give up and go back another time.

We only got gcs when we went and they are all still showing pending.
Just a DP. I had a non filler item order (Walgreens) go pending and then get rejected. Many others have been fine. It’s very YMMV and with so many people hopping on this deal (understandingly so!) don't count on the money until it’s gotten the final approval.

Attachments

• 3B260DB8-B602-41BE-BD61-9BF710C0F0B8.jpeg
    3B260DB8-B602-41BE-BD61-9BF710C0F0B8.jpeg
    38.9 KB · Views: 25
Anyone else having trouble accessing the Ultimate Rewards page on Chase? The page never loads and just sits there blank for me. Tried several times. Just me?

I've had problems several times over the last couple days. Sometimes incognito works for me, sometimes it doesn't.

When we applied for my wife’s CIP I think it was pending at 30 days for 6 days before approval. She was 2/24 at the time with her last card being 22 months prior soooo you can sit pending awhile and be just fine.
That makes me feel a little better, I'm on day 4 after application. I'm beginning to feel like you checking your points balances multiple times per day. I think I've called the status line at least five times already today!:-)

So, you are saying they are still deprived and will need therapy when they grow up? I was thinking they were practically spoiled now :rotfl:

They are better off without it. lol The food is addictive but everytime I cave in to my cravings I regret it. I always feel awful after eating McDonald’s now that I’m getting older lol.

Second stupid question. I am sorry @Lain I know you or @tink1970 have explained this. The BGR is my first MR earning card. Payment due at end of month. But I don't see anything as far as earned MR's or pending MR's. It is still showing as zero. Where do I look?

And... @Lain beat me again, sorry. He did line it out perfectly, though.

It's especially nice now for my DD who is in college on the other side of the country. She gets the Uber credits since we don't really need them, and the lounges have become a great benefit for her since she can work (ie. write papers, etc.) in peace while at the airport waiting to come home, has been stranded overnight at PHL, has missed connections at DFW (they offered to sign her up for a massage at that one - she looked so exhausted when she walked in). DD is very frugal, so we don't worry about her having that card. She sometimes gets embarrassed when someone in a store notices how heavy it is, but all the flight delays and cancellations have made it so she is now thankful and not embarrassed to use the lounges. I'm really glad she has it.

Thanks for the reminders-if DD attends college out of state as I suspect she will, I might insist this is one of the cards she takes. She's an AU on 6 I think but you laid out wonderful reasons for her to take the plat off to school.

Makes paying off the statement a lot more satisfying somehow.

I'm such a weirdo, I know what days things close and eagerly anticipate my MR bump up dates :o

There have been numerous weeks in my life where I have eaten McDonald’s more then twice

LOL, me too! Last Thanksgiving we were supposed to fly to my parents but DH got sick so the only thing we ate ALL Thanksgiving Day was Whataburger.
I love Whataburger but was craving salad by Friday :)

So, you are saying they are still deprived and will need therapy when they grow up? I was thinking they were practically spoiled now :rotfl:

Yes, unless they have healthy heaping doses of chic-fil-a and whataburger!!:rotfl2:

Speaking of, as I was driving today spilled my gallon of diet dr pepper (approx) from Whataburger all over myself and the car. Sadly, I was excited about getting a $150 car detail so I can continue to chip away at my Lux MSR. I think I'm $3900 down and $1100 to go!
Oh, and my car looks and smells great. :)

Yes, unless they have healthy heaping doses of chic-fil-a and whataburger!!:rotfl2:

We don't have Whataburger here in CO :( We do get it when we go back to TX. This state desperately needs Whataburger!

Do love CFA, and we get it about every 4-6 weeks. My dd18 has an interview tomorrow morning to start working at CFA while she's in college. If she gets on, I see more CFA in our future lol!

There have been numerous weeks in my life where I have eaten McDonald’s more then twice.

Shoot I've eaten McDonald's twice in one day... fairly recently. And I'm a vegetarian! Egg McMuffin no bacon and a salad FTW!

I got a UPS My Choice delivery alert. I'm assuming that means my fancy new Ameriprise Amex Plat is at my doorstep. Thanks Ameriprise, ha.

Applied for CIC on Saturday. Still getting the 30 day message, which is making me nervous! I hope it's not a bad sign!
My P2 applied for one on Friday and it’s still at the 30 day message as well...from what I’ve read here...if it goes to the 2 week message it’s likely approved...7-10 day message likely denied

Last edited:
They are better off without it. lol The food is addictive but everytime I cave in to my cravings I regret it. I always feel awful after eating McDonald’s now that I’m getting older lol.
And that awful feeling after eating McD's or anything else like that, only gets worse with age. I can hardly eat any fast food anymore, and can even feel pretty yuck after eating at a sit-down place.

And... @Lain beat me again, sorry. He did line it out perfectly, though.

Thanks for the reminders-if DD attends college out of state as I suspect she will, I might insist this is one of the cards she takes. She's an AU on 6 I think but you laid out wonderful reasons for her to take the plat off to school.

I'm such a weirdo, I know what days things close and eagerly anticipate my MR bump up dates :o

LOL, me too! Last Thanksgiving we were supposed to fly to my parents but DH got sick so the only thing we ate ALL Thanksgiving Day was Whataburger.
I love Whataburger but was craving salad by Friday :)

Speaking of, as I was driving today spilled my gallon of diet dr pepper (approx) from Whataburger all over myself and the car. Sadly, I was excited about getting a $150 car detail so I can continue to chip away at my Lux MSR. I think I'm $3900 down and $1100 to go!
Oh, and my car looks and smells great. :)

I like the grilled chicken wrap they have with the avocado ranch dressing. We don't have whataburger here in New England but noticed it earlier today when I was watching a video of Brian Hull doing a voice over drive-thru doing Winnie the Pooh voice to the order taker over the speaker. He ordered this...
iscuit.jpg

I think it's 3 per month per store, e.g. 3 at Walgreens, 3 at Staples, etc.

I know, it's better than online portals!!

I don't know about sending cash to the same Paypal account. All you can do is try it out and be the dp you want to see? I suspect each Paypal account can only have one email. If it doesn't work you can always open a Paypal account for DH. Both my DH and I have separate Paypal accounts.

You could try adding your second email to your Paypal acct and you should be fine. I have no experience with that and RMN, but I do use 2 Swagbucks acct emails and one Paypal acct and everything goes through just fine. I have my son's email as secondary on my Paypal acct so his SB cashouts go to my Paypal acct.

I have my dd18 and dh's emails both linked to my PP and RMN doesn't seem to have a problem with that. I cash both of their accounts out to my PP.

I stand corrected! :worship:

Before I jump into RMN, are folks purchasing a filler item with their gift cards to trigger the cash back?

I can confirm that all you need to do is add the e-mail address you are using for RMN to your PP account as an "alternate e-mail". It's in the profile and settings section on the PP website. I have 3 RMN accounts (yep, 3!). One more myself, DH, and another using my old college e-mail address where e-mails still get forwarded to my normal e-mail address, so it's much easier to keep track of. 3 accounts also make each trip incredibly worthwhile lol. Because we have 4 CFs, 2 CIC, and 2 SPG Biz between us, it's been helpful in terms of the Walgreens/Staples offers. I simply tell the cashier I want to split all the transactions; sometimes, I get the weird look, sometimes, they are fine with it.

Once you've added all the e-mail addresses, all cashback from RMN should pool into that one PP account.

We don't have Whataburger here in CO :( We do get it when we go back to TX. This state desperately needs Whataburger!

Do love CFA, and we get it about every 4-6 weeks. My dd18 has an interview tomorrow morning to start working at CFA while she's in college. If she gets on, I see more CFA in our future lol!

No Whataburger is just sad...I smile Every Single Time I eat in their store...just reminds me of Texas :)
Good luck to your DD!

I like the grilled chicken wrap they have with the avocado ranch dressing. We don't have whataburger here in New England but noticed it earlier today when I was watching a video of Brian Hull doing a voice over drive-thru doing Winnie the Pooh voice to the order taker over the speaker. He ordered this...

Oh yes, the Honey Butter Chicken Biscuit...excellent Pooh choicepooh:

And that awful feeling after eating McD's or anything else like that, only gets worse with age. I can hardly eat any fast food anymore, and can even feel pretty yuck after eating at a sit-down place.

Me too. I really only enjoy eating at sit down places that aren’t chains. In college I was all over chain places appetizer deals. Not so much anymore. It’s so salty and I just feel awful after.

I do eat way too much Chipotle tho. I don’t feel awful after eating that and we also like Panera, the chicken teriyaki places found in malls, and we are still trying to find a good Chinese food takeout place. I also miss my NY pizza. we would order from the pizza place at least twice a week in NY. Once for just regular pizza and the other time for specialty items. I can’t find any places here that make pepperoni pinwheels, or buffalo chicken slices. And omg the regular pizza is digusting. We would also occasionally order Italian dinners from a pizza place. I haven’t had a good chicken parm meal in so long. lol next time we go to Disney we are eating Italian there.

Oh man, we finally got a Chick-fil-A in RI a few years ago. Best thing ever. I'm just obsessed with their sauce :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter