I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I laughed inside when you said "he even codes". Dh would most likely hate the show then. He's actually a software engineer so codes for a living and he hates watching shows where they have someone "coding". He can't help himself and has to point out EVERY. SINGLE. THING they do wrong lol. I may have to watch the show by myself so I don't have to listen to him complain the whole time.

I think Supernatural is on Season 13? I'm only on season 3 on Netflix. I've already gotten a little bored of it and that's why I don't watch it much. I love Jensen Ackles, though. He's such a good guy.

It’s not a big part of his otherwise amazing repertoire of skills. He just casually mentions early on that he wrote a custom program to analyze suspicious financial transactions.

I mean, you just have to realize that Jack Ryan is written to be over the top the smartest guy in the room. This is a character who ends up President of the United States one day. And he’s been portrayed by Alec Baldwin, Harrison Ford, Ben Affleck, Chris Pine, and now John Krasinski on screen.

A family member is interested in the CSP. Anyone think that the sign-up bonus might increase in the near future? Doc's spreadsheet shows that there might have been a 70,000 bonus at the beginning of 2018 (if I'm reading it correctly). Chase seems to be in restricting rather than expending mode lately, so I suspect the bonus could go down before it goes up -- anyone come across any inside info?

I doubt the CSP is going to get a higher bonus than 50k anytime soon. Remember, Chase recently removed the 5k AU bonus from this card. The 70k (or 80k?) offer earlier this year came with a lot of additional spend.

I doubt the CSP is going to get a higher bonus than 50k anytime soon. Remember, Chase recently removed the 5k AU bonus from this card. The 70k (or 80k?) offer earlier this year came with a lot of additional spend.
@AmyAnne I will second this comment. The 50k offer on the CSP has been pretty standard and constant since late 2015... Chase doesn't mess with their signup bonuses often.

@AmyAnne I will second this comment. The 50k offer on the CSP has been pretty standard and constant since late 2015... Chase doesn't mess with their signup bonuses often.

Thanks -- I figured it was unlikely that Chase would be about to offer something better but I only read this thread and Doc so I also thought it might be possible that I had missed some rumor.

So I have a bit of a dilemma.

We only have a few more days left in September and Q3. We have about $600 left to max out on our Chase Freedom. I’m seriously considering letting it go and not maxing out the 5x UR.

If I were to max out the CF, it’d be with GCs from Walgreens. But we’re already floating a lot of cash in GCs and we’ve actually been trying to spend that down.

I’m also working on MSRs for the SPG Lux and Biz Plat, so I’ve preferred to use those cards to buy MCGCs at grocery stores instead to take advantage of the last days of the Plastiq Masterpass promo.

Plus, I have the CIC, which earns me 5x UR on GCs at office supply stores and Gyft year round, whenever I need it, and not limited to this quarter. Third-party GC prices and selection are pretty much the same. And although fees may be higher and denominations lower on prepaid cards at office supply stores than at Walgreens, OD/OM/Staples are frequently running deals on VGCs and MCGCs. Even if I really jump on these deals, I doubt I’ll ever hit the $25k max limit on the CIC’s 5x UR category.

With next quarter’s CF bonus category including Chase Pay, I still have the opportunity to earn 5x UR on GCs from Best Buy and online at Walmart.

And with the PRG set to earn 4x MR at supermarkets beginning 10/4, there’s another opportunity to buy GCs with a significant bonus.

Thoughts?

We only have a few more days left in September and Q3. We have about $600 left to max out on our Chase Freedom. I’m seriously considering letting it go and not maxing out the 5x UR.

If I were to max out the CF, it’d be with GCs from Walgreens. But we’re already floating a lot of cash in GCs and we’ve actually been trying to spend that down.

I’m also working on MSRs for the SPG Lux and Biz Plat, so I’ve preferred to use those cards to buy MCGCs at grocery stores instead to take advantage of the last days of the Plastiq Masterpass promo.

Plus, I have the CIC, which earns me 5x UR on GCs at office supply stores and Gyft year round, whenever I need it, and not limited to this quarter. Third-party GC prices and selection are pretty much the same. And although fees may be higher and denominations lower on prepaid cards at office supply stores than at Walgreens, OD/OM/Staples are frequently running deals on VGCs and MCGCs. Even if I really jump on these deals, I doubt I’ll ever hit the $25k max limit on the CIC’s 5x UR category.

With next quarter’s CF category including Chase Pay, I still have the opportunity to earn 5x UR on GCs from Best Buy and online at Walmart.

And with the PRG set to earn 4x MR at supermarkets beginning 10/4, there’s another opportunity to buy GCs with a significant bonus.

Thoughts?
I'm in the same boat. I will not be able to max out either of our CF's this Q. Between all the MSRs I've been working on/still am working on and the cash I'm floating on GCs right now, I just can't do anymore. And I'm ok with that. It'll be pretty easy to max one, and maybe both, in Q4. So, I'm just focusing on hitting MSR right now. I'd like that out of the way so I can just use the cards I have...wait, didn't I say that a few weeks ago...

With next quarter’s CF category including Chase Pay, I still have the opportunity to earn 5x UR on GCs from Best Buy and online at Walmart.

Thoughts?
The death of Disney at 1.5x killed my inspiration to max out this quarter. When the 5x = 7.5% towards Disney I was pumped. At 5%...even though it's a small difference it wasn't worth it anymore. Part of the problem is I don't do MS (except for things like Venmo, Paypal or Apple Pay) so my liquidation method would be buying and using MCGCs or VGCs on organic spend. Simply not worth it this time around unfortunately - I'm going to come up $5,000 short on maxing out on my Freedom cards.

DoC is harsh on this one. He calls the offer "garbage" and says "this offer sucks". Ummm...it's the standard offer now with a 0% Intro.

I'll also say that I'd much prefer to support a fellow DISer and use a support link vs. a 0% period. Using one of these Intro APR periods just hits my utilization and could hurt my credit score. Others may feel differently but I buy what I can afford and I pay it off, lol!

DoC is harsh on this one. He calls the offer "garbage" and says "this offer sucks". Ummm...it's the standard offer now with a 0% Intro.

I'll also say that I'd much prefer to support a fellow DISer and use a support link vs. a 0% period. Using one of these Intro APR periods just hits my utilization and could hurt my credit score. Others may feel differently but I buy what I can afford and I pay it off, lol!

I don’t pay much attention to 0% APR offers. But if that’s the main selling point for someone to pick up a new card, this is not the hobby for that person. I agree you should only spend what you can afford and pay it off every month. DoC does mention a targeted 65k offer in the post, so maybe @AmyAnne can check if her family member qualifies.

Ok! I don’t feel so bad about my wasted $600 in 5x spend! :lmao:
LOL! If I had a good use for URs at 1.50x or greater (i.e. other partners) I'd be more enthusiastic. With our points balances and travel patterns, the value just isn't there.

If they do another Apple Pay or Paypal though I'll be maxing that out quick and easy still as the cash outweighs the cost.

FYI for those watching for "support" bonuses ;)

My pastor's wife used my Freedom link and was approved on Aug 31. The points went pending from that today... If you're waiting on some old support link points maybe check and see if yours posted. If not, stay patient, it seems like they'll come eventually LOL!

The one I am waiting for is from before Aug 31. Starting to feel it's a lost cause :(

I don’t pay much attention to 0% APR offers. But if that’s the main selling point for someone to pick up a new card, this is not the hobby for that person. I agree you should only spend what you can afford and pay it off every month. DoC does mention a targeted 65k offer in the post, so maybe @AmyAnne can check if her family member qualifies.
THANK YOU SOOO MUCH! I read that DoC post, made a comment here...signed in to Chase to check something...then was on reddit, back here and by the time I went back to the Chase site I complete forgot what I was looking for. I was sooooo angry too - like how could I forget that in the matter of 30 seconds.

Unfortunately no target for me but at least I'm not frustrated with my memory anymore LOL!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter