I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Additional Details Regarding Premier Rewards Gold Card Update: Sign Up Bonus, Annual Fee & More (Card Designs Added):

gold-rewards-card-designs.png

Okay, now I want a Rose Gold card!

I see the new cards implement Amex's new visual design. Note the changes in the American Express lettering and the cleaner Centurion mark.

For more info about Amex's rebranding: https://www.pentagram.com/work/american-express-1/story and https://www.underconsideration.com/...dentity_for_american_express_by_pentagram.php
Is this it? BDF0BBFF-D544-4228-9EFE-BA763596C552.png

Additional Details Regarding Premier Rewards Gold Card Update: Sign Up Bonus, Annual Fee & More (Card Designs Added):

I see the new cards implement Amex's new visual design. Note the changes in the American Express lettering and the cleaner Centurion mark.

For more info about Amex's rebranding: https://www.pentagram.com/work/american-express-1/story and https://www.underconsideration.com/...dentity_for_american_express_by_pentagram.php
Hm...Paywave in a metal card??

My husband's American miles from Barclays just posted. About 4 or 5 days to spare. Boy I don't want to churn that tight ever again. But now I guess I can get us home from Barcelona, lol.

I'm so glad I gave myself another option besides Delta or MR points for this trip.

Also, I CANNOT wait from my rose gold PRG (it will always be the PRG to me). I can see many, many gift card purchases at Kroger in my future!

HUCA on the AF waiver. There's been at least one successful DP. If you're within 30 days of getting the card, they should hopefully work with you.

Just tried again. Transferred once so at first optimistic but then no joy. A little odd in that he was questioning where I saw the offer. I was like right on your website! In fact I brought it up; but "no it is not attached to your account and I can't do it but let me tell you all about this fabulous card." Oh well. Worth a shot.

Regarding the rumored Chase Disney card - probably not something I would pursue since we have DVC and I try to earn free gift cards for my other disney expenses such as meals and tickets.

Loving RMN. My $10 from Macy's on 9/20 posted today. I may go back before the week is up to pick up Clinique foundation. Waiting on Walgreens and CVS to post but I probably won't relink them as I won't need anything from there before the offers expire. These offers were great. I hope they continue to be as great.
I hit Macy’s at lunchtime for Clinique eye shadow and eye liner since they were out of my foundation color. $20 for the 2 items (after $20 from RMN) + free bonus, too bad. And I made it to Staples for the 3rd time :) I’ve been able to use all of the offers at least twice :) but my 9/14 Walgreen’s continues to hang out there pending.

Oooh! Pretty. I think I want both.

On RMN front: My purchases posted and I got the $30 in my account. I linked the offers again and repeated my efforts. They are all pending again. I am hoping they post soon and I can do a repeat before the 30th.

Got DH's Chase checking account all set up and transferred $25 in from Fidelity. Guess I need to send $1200 from our Ally account to each of them too so I can avoid the fees. Does anyone know the process for eventually canceling Chase bank accounts? Any DPs on it causing problems with Chase?

Mostly out of curiosity, trying to figure out what's the difference between a "Gold" card and the PRG is. I suspect this revamp of the PRG is why they randomly decided (at least seemingly at the time) to change the name of the "Gold Card from American Express" to "Classic Gold Card" since going forward the new metal card is back to "Gold Card". But what was the difference between the Classic Gold Card and the current PRG?

I apparently held on to my Gold card longer than I thought as I still have the folder in a drawer... when I opened the card it was merely a "RG" (Rewards Gold Card) and hadn't yet stepped up to be Premier :p It got 2x points at supermarkets, drugstores, gas, USPS, and wireless phone bills. So I could rack up enough points to come ahead of the AF but, being broke for most of that time, just barely and we didn't really travel either :) But I have no idea what made a RG/PRG different from a plain or "Classic" Gold card. Is there an archive of all cards somewhere?

ETA: Not that I want a charge card again yet, but wonder if having the RG card before prevents a sign up bonus for any of the current/new gold cards.

Last edited:
I feel like I should know this, but if I meet my $3,000 MSR within a month, which is likely, do I still have to wait 3 months to get the cash back bonus? Or is it 30 days from when I hit the MSR?

I feel like I should know this, but if I meet my $3,000 MSR within a month, which is likely, do I still have to wait 3 months to get the cash back bonus? Or is it 30 days from when I hit the MSR?
I believe you got the Chase Ink Cash card if I remember correctly. If things proceed as normal, you will see your bonus points pending (on the UR site) within about a week after meeting the MSR. Then your points will post when your next statement closes after you see the points go pending. However Chase has had some delays at times in the past with points posting so always be prepare that it could take 6-8 weeks.

I was out all day and now I'm trying to catch up!

I was tempted by that, too...I just like bright and colorful cards I guess!

Wow, good for you for finishing up. I sort of hope DD will attend someplace that will accept credit cards, but she's been a challenging child all her life so why would she start now to make life easier? :D

As for ABD, honestly, I've only been on 3 (4 in June) and a couple of Tauck tours. I don't mind traveling overseas alone (I went to Japan at the age of 21 and 23), lived overseas 3 times and enjoy solo travel. However, as calypso's DH is a plane princess, my DH is more of a travel tyrant. He works very hard and when he's on vacation he does not want to think or make decisions at all. He also has a terrible sense of direction and no situational awareness. Essentially, an organized tour helps me not throttle him when we're traveling. Expensive? Yes, but so are divorce lawyers:P.

The ABD for next year is the podcast London/Paris/DLP adventure which I know is easy enough to do OYO but I think it would be fun to travel with Kevin, John and other Disboarders. If it's not, well, it's a nice itinerary and I get to see DLP. You should consider looking into them now that you're tuition free :)

Well, we still have one more semester to pay for, so we aren't tuition free yet. Then we need to spend some money on our house (we've been neglecting a few things) but I'm hoping I'll find a way to have that spend help with future travel. ;) I must admit that whether or not a college accepted credit cards wasn't even noted on the giant Excel spreadsheet that was created for that search. My DD is incredibly frugal about everything... except her choices when it comes to school. I'm ok with that though.

I really appreciate the ABD info. After reading here how quite a few of you love ABD it really made me think seriously about trying it, especially if we want to go to more unkown/exotic locales in the future. The was something about that one podcast that really made me rethink it though - I don't think I was the expected audience for it or something. Your ABD sounds great - I do think it'd be fun to travel with them! Also making planning easier appeals to me... A TON. We really liked our DCL cruise last month and I loved how I wasn't picking lots of hotels and figuring out how to get from one city to another. Many years ago, when they were more expensive, DH and I bought a navigation option for my car - it was costly, but less costly that counseling and most of our fights centered around not knowing how to get places. Best spend ever.

I know the question wasn’t directed at me but I’m going to chime in too. We’ve completed 10 ABD trips and number 11 is booked for next year. With the exception of China, I would have no hesitation visiting any of the places we went with ABD on my own. In several cases, we have visited places we traveled to with ABD on our own before or after the ABD trip. I also have no issues with my luggage. If you have any specific questions please feel free to ask.

Couldn’t agree more. I plan enough trips on my own for DH and I and travel hack the air, pre trip plans, post trip plan and OYO time for the ABD trips. It’s nice to just show up. DH feels the same. He doesn’t want to have to navigate how to get to where we are going while we are there. He has to do that for our on our own trips often enough.

I also love that ABD usually has some exclusive experience you can’t have or do unless you are with them. I also love their hidden gem experiences. Almost every trip there is something on the itinerary that I’m not even remotely interested in doing. More often than not it winds up the highlight of the trip for me.

Actually, I was hoping you'd chime in, too. It is nice to show up. For some reason that one DU podcast made it sound like it was for people who needed hand holding and it made me rethink things. I know you don't need that, so it's good to hear that experienced travels like it too. I loved our day in the highlands and was looking at the Scotland trip online last night.

The pink Razr was my very first phone so I thought it was the bee's knees lol. I think we got rid of mine awhile ago.

I think I still have mine, somewhere...

We are planning a trip to Europe in 2019, and I've been thinking about the possibilities/point cost of flying 4 of us business class. I may have the points to do business both ways, but am also toying with business one way, cheapo seats the other (also considering business for the grownups and sticking the kids in economy). Having lie flat seats on the way over for the red-eye would be really nice, but I also try to make sure that accommodations improve as the trip goes along, so economy out and business back would be my usual impulse. I don't mind starting the trip at a Fairfield Inn, if we're ending the trip with a suite at the Bellagio:laughing:. Just harder to justify spending "all those points" when you look at 4 business class tickets!

Where are you flying from? I'm asking because London is an 11-12 hour flight for us, so we wanted business both ways. If you're on the east coast, then I can see choosing to go one way in coach. I usually plan our trips so that we are upgrading as we go. But in this case the better rest (even if you can't sleep - I can't) on the way there will mean you can start touring that much sooner. In fact, for some I know it means they can save the money on an extra night since they don't need that extra day to recover from the travel. Just my perspective.

I'm torn on colors, for most stuff I don't care, it sees the light of day for 30 seconds. I'm not picking up a CC for the color, although I guess when you've had them all there are worse criteria for picking the next one. There are exceptions for me though, I have a brief visceral reaction of disappointment to the design of my Disney card since they keep discontinuing the ones I like. I'm also still disappointed in my CSR.

Totally agree with you. I was NOT happy with my new Disney card (bye bye Nemo) and DD told DH she wasn't willing to switch her old one for her new one until she had to. And the CSR... when DH got it he said it was pretty light and flimsy for what it cost. :rotfl: Usually I don't care but in these cases I kind of do.

One more - my Citi AA (with all the titles that are too long to remember) is really ugly. It was much nicer looking many years ago when I first got it. I don't know what they are thinking.

:rotfl:

SQUEEEEEEEE!

Between this and DD being officially announced by the school as a NMSQT semifinalist today...best Tuesday in a long time!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :banana::cheer2::banana::cheer2: I remember when my DD was named one 4 years ago! I'm assuming you're aware that there are lots of big scholarships out there for finalists... but guessing from what you said earlier yours might be like mine and opt not to take one of them. But there are some good opportunities out there for these kids. (in my DD's defense, DH's has a tuition benefit from work so she knew going in we weren't going to have to pay full tuition no matter where she chose to go). Anyway, take her out for dinner or ice cream or something! It's nice to see hard work pay off! :Pinkbounc:cool1::Pinkbounc

In CC news, DH got an application in the mail for the SPG Lux and instead of throwing it away he handed it to me. Progress! :rotfl:

They all look like candy to me now - the 100K Biz, the new Gold/Rose Gold one, and now this one. Tough to choose if we should get one or if we should wait. And then there is Chase. Not applying there until the bonus posts (one is still pending). In looking at our trip to the east coast in May, we seem to have plenty points for the flights (but not much is available for points), but we are spending all our hotel points. I'm thinking Chase is better for hotels? Or is this SPG a good one? So confused... again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter