I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see @amalone1013 gave you an excellent explanation on upgrading your tickets to AP's, so I will just add that I did purchase my tickets on the UR portal and had no problems upgrading. I bought 2park, park to park, 3 day +2 free days tickets and was emailed vouchers, which I exchanged for tickets in the RPR lobby. Once I entered the park, I went to guest services and was able to upgrade to a season pass for $0. There is a lesser known guest services window at Hogsmeade station if the lines at guest services at the front of the parks are too long.

Thanks for the info! I was tempted to try the promo tickets but chickened out since some seem to have more trouble upgrading those and I want to keep these costs as low as possible. Part of me wishes I tried it!

I was hoping to turn the vouchers at the hotel and then APs at the parks, so thank you for that information as well!

I'm torn on colors, for most stuff I don't care, it sees the light of day for 30 seconds. I'm not picking up a CC for the color, although I guess when you've had them all there are worse criteria for picking the next one. There are exceptions for me though, I have a brief visceral reaction of disappointment to the design of my Disney card since they keep discontinuing the ones I like. I'm also still disappointed in my CSR. There's a difference between understated and... well... whatever that is. I really didn't pay attention to what it looked like when I applied for it so when I opened the package and saw it my first response was "I just paid $450 for this? Couldn't have spent a tad more on the art budget?" I'm pretty sure I did a similar 'design' about 5 minutes before I had an art project due. But again, aside from it being so dark that it literally gets lost in my wallet, I don't much care. Until I got the CSP in the mail, that's a design and color scheme I like; which made it all the worse knowing that's the "cheap" version of the CSR and it gets the cooler design. I'm pretty sure they wanted the CSR black as a play for prestige, like the Black AmEx or the Black Card (hehe, not :p), but I think they should have done the same or similar design as the CSP but with different shadings of black, if they really must, to make it more interesting. If I didn't get the CSP I'd have probably never thought about it again, though.

The one thing I do like is the issuers that made the edge colored. Discover is orange, my Freedom is Green, somebody else is Red, and I think something else is yellow-ish. I have a handful of cards I use frequently so they usually sit grouped together in a little pocket of my purse (or in my front pocket) and so seeing the edge as I look at the group I can pull the one I want rather than flashing the store as I rifle through my stack of plastic :)
I wouldn’t sign up for a card for the color, that said I pick something brighter if given a choice because it’s easier to find in my wallet. My new Discover is Chicago Blackhawks, the old is chrome (used to be a bright red ladybug) I like the CF for the bright blue and the purple SPG. I do hate that SPG personal and biz are the same except the word business. I haven’t got the SPG Lux yet, but it doesn’t look very lux.

Additional Details Regarding Premier Rewards Gold Card Update: Sign Up Bonus, Annual Fee & More (Card Designs Added):

haEiaFd.jpg

A61o5ry.jpg

Okay, now I want a Rose Gold card!

I see the new cards implement Amex's new visual design. Note the changes in the American Express lettering and the cleaner Centurion mark.

For more info about Amex's rebranding: https://www.pentagram.com/work/american-express-1/story and https://www.underconsideration.com/...dentity_for_american_express_by_pentagram.php

Last edited:
I wouldn’t sign up for a card for the color, that said I pick something brighter if given a choice because it’s easier to find in my wallet. My new Discover is Chicago Blackhawks, the old is chrome (used to be a bright red ladybug) I like the CF for the bright blue and the purple SPG. I do hate that SPG personal and biz are the same except the word business. I haven’t got the SPG Lux yet, but it doesn’t look very lux.

Yes, as much as I don't think I care much about colors/designs, I really think AmEx needs to step up their game. For the whole Hilton line I don't see anywhere on the card to distinguish what flavor it is other than a subtle design change. I guess they figure you're only going to get one (haha!) but between a personal and Hilton biz it's tough to differentiate on a glance, like the SPG family. That's a little disappointing having to put a sticker or a label on your "Lux" card so you know which one it is :p

@DisneyMandC my chase bonus posted today too!! It was super easy!!

I have 2 bank bonus questions.

I just did Chase I don’t have any banks that Doc said trigger DD. It’s easy to set it up at my work but if I set an account in DHs name and deposit from my work paycheck will that be an issue?

PNC question. I have the virtual wallet. What is with a the spend, reserve and growth thing? My DD (push from Capitol One) went to growth. Do you think that will trigger my bonus?

For PNC you really opened a Checking and Savings account at the same time. The Spend and Reserve accounts are your checking account, the Growth account is the savings account. So for the bonus I believe the direct deposit has to be made into the Spend or Reserve account (it for sure needs to be to keep the account fee free based on Direct Deposits if you're not keeping the min. balances). I sent it to Spend. I think of the Reserve as a partition of my Checking account, rather than a separate account. The Growth account has all the same limitations as a traditional savings account, where you can only withdrawal 6 times a month, but the Reserve account doesn't have that restriction.

Additional Details Regarding Premier Rewards Gold Card Update: Sign Up Bonus, Annual Fee & More (Card Designs Added):

gold-rewards-card-designs.png

Okay, now I want a Rose Gold card!

I see the new cards implement Amex's new visual design. Note the changes in the American Express lettering and the cleaner Centurion mark.

For more info about Amex's rebranding: https://www.pentagram.com/work/american-express-1/story and https://www.underconsideration.com/...dentity_for_american_express_by_pentagram.php
I'm so embarrassed by how much I want that rose gold card...

TLDR: when you're ready to attach a Marriott travel cert have 45 mins to an hour set aside to do so, even if your cert maps to the right new Marriott category

I attached my Marriott 7 night travel cert to a reservation today. Thankfully I had a Cat 9 which translated to the Cat 6 I wanted just fine. I saw availability for the whole week online prior to calling. Omg that was painful and nothing even went wrong. Phone call took about 45 mins. For the first time ever I called the right number right off the bat. Followed the instructions here ( https://frequentmiler.boardingarea....iotts-phone-prompts-to-book-a-travel-package/ ) and the first person I talked to was able to help my this time. After about 25 mins on hold someone answered. I told her what I wanted to do she got the details and put me on hold, came back like 10 mins later to check-in with me (I was happy about that, I was beginning to wonder if I'd been abandoned because they didn't want to deal with me...), put me on hold again (and maybe one more time? you lose track eventually). She had to cancel my current certificate, reissue a new cert under the new category system and book the hotel. Sounds kinda simple laid out like that but it sounded very complicated for her end. She told me I might get emails about all of this, I might get a reservation confirmation saying I paid points but not to worry because she attached the cert.

I called after a couple days and after reviewing my application was passed off to the security department for their id verification process from the 1800s. Better luck to you!
I have the Barclays JetBlue card, so I would think they'd have enough information already. :confused3

I used the offer on my DH’s Amex and it still hasn’t credited either. I just checked and it’s not on his list of offers anymore either. But I wrote down that the offer date expires 11-15.
I guess we will see what happens. I've never seen an offer just disappear like that. The rep said to wait a few more days. I chatted under my DH account so I asked if "my wife" needed to put in a request to have my non posting offer looked at and he said no he has made a note and to wait a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter