I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was sitting here trying to decide if I do RMN offers myself today or a different day I can drag DH along because we didn't carpool today... but that is hard because he will be gone Thurs and Fri on a work trip. And then I realized, d'oh I can just use one of his cards after making sure it's linked to his account!

So I think I'm going to try and hit BB for the CSR Chase Pay deal, Home Depot, Walgreens, and CVS today. Maybe also Staples. Then do it all over again tomorrow for his RMN acct plus my 2nd $100 BB, plus take his CSR and try to get a gift card at that restaurant. It seems like I should be able to use DHs Chase Pay as long as I can login on my phone for it? If so I'll either do BB for his CSR on Thurs/Fri, or I'll do 2 separate $100 transactions at BB today and tomorrow - do one on his swagbucks acct and one on mine so I don't miss out there.

Any other deals I should be pushing to get in the next few days? :)

But if you want to fly in business/first with four people direct, you are going to have a tough time finding award availability for that many on the US carriers. With United, my suggestion would be to be ready the day the flights drop and look for partner awards. I've been able to snag 3-4 on Air Canada in business doing this (flying through Vancouver). You *might* be able to find two business seats from SFO to LHR direct on UA when they drop, and then wait until the last minute for then to open more award space, but this can be a crap shoot. @Calfan was able to do it a couple years back on UA when she flew to London to catch a cruise a few days before my family, but none of the flights on our day had any award availability open up. You have to be wiling to fly coach if you do it that way.

For me, I'm willing to pay the $$ in taxes to guarantee a premium cabin seat with BA or VS. They *tend* to have better award availability at the outset. If you want to do premium economy, I'd be looking at VS. I love their premium economy product. A lot of times we will fly Business out (the sleeping way) and PE back. The fees aren't as brutal on PE flights either.

We are planning a trip to Europe in 2019, and I've been thinking about the possibilities/point cost of flying 4 of us business class. I may have the points to do business both ways, but am also toying with business one way, cheapo seats the other (also considering business for the grownups and sticking the kids in economy). Having lie flat seats on the way over for the red-eye would be really nice, but I also try to make sure that accommodations improve as the trip goes along, so economy out and business back would be my usual impulse. I don't mind starting the trip at a Fairfield Inn, if we're ending the trip with a suite at the Bellagio:laughing:. Just harder to justify spending "all those points" when you look at 4 business class tickets!

Again, I'm guilty of not keep up here. I just trying to survive life. I own my own business, DH does too. I also do payroll, HR, and accounting for my dad's business + our children are homeschooling. Little chaotic around these parts ;)

Been busy with RMN offers, gathering up GC's for our Disney trip next month.

This may have been discussed, but I wonder if this new ticket structure is the reasoning for the halt on booking/using UR points to book Disney. I know there were some rumors that this may be temporary. So fingers crossed that is the case.

On another note, I've finished up the spend on my last card Citi Biz AA. It's been done for a while. Getting a little antsy.

I say it's DH's turn on a card now. Want to keep it a biz card, something that won't interfere with 5/24 as I was saving a spot for a double dip, but now one of the Sapphires I suppose. He has Amex SPG biz, CIC and CIP and a US Bank Business card (edge? I think it is) from ages ago.

Wasn't there a US Bank biz card with $200 for $1k spend and then the same for employee cards? I could do that for him. I can't seem to find the info googling, anyone remember what that one was called or another suggestion?
We haven't dipped into the world of MR's yet (only Amex's are SPG). Some of the amex deals, like the recent amazon one are tempting. Thoughts??

ETA: Some add'l thoughts. We aren't flying anywhere right now, so are MR's even good to me? What about the Hilton biz offer? I don't frequent Hilton's alot but we've thought about staying in one Gatlinburg, TN (we try and go there at least once/yr).

Last edited:
Has anyone had Swagbucks track for Best Buy purchases paid with gift cards/rewards? I have $25 in reward certificates and $75 in gift cards, and want to combine for $100 purchase, if 750 SB bonus will track for that purchase. Thoughts?

RMN update: My $10 Home Depot and Staples rewards were in my account this morning. Already moved to PayPal and initiated transfer to my bank account. I re-linked the Home Depot offer and hit it at lunch. The rewards that hit this morning were gift card only purchases. Today I added a $1 item on at Home Depot since I am using my Biz Gold to meet MSR and don't want there to be any issues.

I missed someone's offer on one of my ebay items while we were gone, I would have taken it. Is it wrong to contact them about it now... :rolleyes1

I have never done this, but I don't see why it would not be appropriate for you to message the person who made the offer and explain that you weren't able to respond before the offer expired but that you are willing to accept if they want to make the offer again.

Has anyone had Swagbucks track for Best Buy purchases paid with gift cards/rewards? I have $25 in reward certificates and $75 in gift cards, and want to combine for $100 purchase, if 750 SB bonus will track for that purchase. Thoughts?

No, it has to be the $100 paid because the rewards will reduce the balance. You'll need to get $125 worth, so you'll owe $100.

Dh and I went on Sunday to get more GCs for the RMN deals. We went to Staples, Home Depot, Walgreens, and CVS. All four of mine went pending, but only 2/4 went pending for DH. I'm not sure what happened there. How long should I wait until I should be concerned?

So I have a young friend that wants to try for SW companion pass. He was denied for the SW biz because of not enough credit history. He plans on one of his parent's getting the SW biz and the Plus in the parent's name, but they would use his RR number so he gets the points in his RR account. The question is will the Companion Pass be in his name as well since it will be linked to his RR account number, or will it be in the parent's name (cardholder)? Hope this makes sense. Basically his parents are getting the card, but want to him to receive the points and the CP. Thanks!

On chat with AMEX right now about the Walmart Grocery offers not tracking on my account or DH. CSR asked me to share the name of the offer I was referring to - went into offers to copy and paste and the offer isn't there anymore? Logged into my account and the offer isn't on my Hilton Biz anymore.....! Anyone have this offer track for them? If you haven't used it, is it still showing in your saved offers?? I've never had a saved offer just disappear before! I'm almost positive it didn't expire until November, right?

You will need $125 in GCs because your rewards will drop the purchase price to $100. I did this a couple weeks back and it worked fine.

On chat with AMEX right now about the Walmart Grocery offers not tracking on my account or DH. CSR asked me to share the name of the offer I was referring to - went into offers to copy and paste and the offer isn't there anymore? Logged into my account and the offer isn't on my Hilton Biz anymore.....! Anyone have this offer track for them? If you haven't used it, is it still showing in your saved offers?? I've never had a saved offer just disappear before! I'm almost positive it didn't expire until November, right?

I used the offer on my DH’s Amex and it still hasn’t credited either. I just checked and it’s not on his list of offers anymore either. But I wrote down that the offer date expires 11-15.

I always use Alamo at MCO. I book through Costco, check in online, skip the counter and go straight to the garage. Never had a problem with them. I pay with my CSP because of the primary insurance coverage, but now that DH has a CSR I guess we will use that. I did have a horrible time with Budget once at their counter.

Can you not skip the counter if you book with UR?
I also go thru skip the counter to avoid the pressure. Not sure if you can with UR.

So I have a young friend that wants to try for SW companion pass. He was denied for the SW biz because of not enough credit history. He plans on one of his parent's getting the SW biz and the Plus in the parent's name, but they would use his RR number so he gets the points in his RR account. The question is will the Companion Pass be in his name as well since it will be linked to his RR account number, or will it be in the parent's name (cardholder)? Hope this makes sense. Basically his parents are getting the card, but want to him to receive the points and the CP. Thanks!

I think the name on the card and the name on the RR account have to match. So in this instance, the parent would get the CP. Would be happy to be corrected, but I think that is how it works.

Negative. They cross-reference the name on the application with the RR account holder. My relative that recently applied for it forgot his RR number on the application and received the card with his old RR account # on it.

I wouldn't go this route as your friend would also have to put a considerable amount of spend on it to hit CP.

Thanks for that info! I did get the 4 day 3 Park ticket from UR instead of the promo tickets which were fewer points but I did not want to chance it. Glad to hear this worked well for you, I am hopeful we can upgrade to APs as well. I was originally going to get our last child ticket on UCT and use the credit but our CSR bonus finally hit, so I am planning on getting one more that way. Except you cannot get one child ticket on UR, it won't let you select "0" for adult. So weird, so hopefully I can call and get one more child ticket and use the credit while there!

We leave 3 weeks from today and it is shaping up to be very close to a free trip. I will have to do a recap when we get back but used URs to pay for a week at Cabana Bay, and (hopefully) 6 tickets. RR and CP for plane tickets. Arrival travel credit for transportation and hopefully CSR credit for some food/souvenirs. So excited!

I see @amalone1013 gave you an excellent explanation on upgrading your tickets to AP's, so I will just add that I did purchase my tickets on the UR portal and had no problems upgrading. I bought 2park, park to park, 3 day +2 free days tickets and was emailed vouchers, which I exchanged for tickets in the RPR lobby. Once I entered the park, I went to guest services and was able to upgrade to a season pass for $0. There is a lesser known guest services window at Hogsmeade station if the lines at guest services at the front of the parks are too long.

Sorry, another question about earning a SW CP. If Dh gets 100,000 pts by getting the Biz and a personal card, will he automatically earn the 10,000 pts he needs to get the CP just by meeting the MS on these 2 cards????
No, the MSR for the Biz is $3K and $1K for the Plus. Hopefully we'll see a bonus increase soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter