I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

You paid through Chase Pay, right? You need to link the card you want to use to Chase Pay and then use Chase Pay at Walmart.
Yep, I used DHs CSR for one small purchase, then went back and bought $150 in GCs with my CSP (which PCd to Freedom before the purchase posted)

ok help from the pros again please!!!

need an expensive hotel room near the college for family weekend...

thru UR portal using points from CSP I can get the hilton for 26k points. Thru hilton honors it is 60k points. I realize the points are not valued the same, so how do I figure out which way to go?

if your buying anything else that isn't a gift card, make sure to do shop through chase too. I got an additional 4x with Freedom.(2x for Sapphire).

oh dang. I didn't realize freedom and sapphire portals had diff point amounts.

You paid through Chase Pay, right? You need to link the card you want to use to Chase Pay and then use Chase Pay at Walmart.
Ok so I SMd Chase and they responded it could take 6-8 weeks to post the extra points. What? Points showed to CSR as soon purchase posted. Maybe they aren't understanding me. I tried SM twice. Maybe again tomorrow.
Has anyone called about points not posting? Did it help?

ok help from the pros again please!!!

need an expensive hotel room near the college for family weekend...

thru UR portal using points from CSP I can get the hilton for 26k points. Thru hilton honors it is 60k points. I realize the points are not valued the same, so how do I figure out which way to go?

it depends on how you earn your Hilton honors points. only citi and MR i believe transfers to Hilton. for 26k points, you would need to compare with the cash value of the place. If the place is anywhere above $260, you should book with points. If the room is below $260, you should book the room with cash and redeem a statement credit of amount paid.

As for an nice hotel, i would use UR --> Hyatt. They are usually the best value when it comes to point usage.

Does Amex typically match a new bonus offer if you've signed up recently? My mom is part thru spend for 25k points on SPG AMEX. I now see a 30k point offer for same spend. Anyone had luck getting them to match?

Does Amex typically match a new bonus offer if you've signed up recently? My mom is part thru spend for 25k points on SPG AMEX. I now see a 30k point offer for same spend. Anyone had luck getting them to match?

i recall Amex doesnt match. but hey, doesnt hurt to try. Is the 30k a targeted offer? i havent heard of a 30k offer at all.

Last edited:
So in my quick scan of 333 pages :eek: I couldn't find an answer to my question, so my apologies if this has been asked before:

DW and I have our 30th next year and we're thinking about going to Europe. I'd love it if we could get enough points to fly an upgraded class on points alone.

We've never really maximized points before and not really sure about the distinctions on flights between premium economy/business/first/etc. Anyone have any websites, links, books, tips, resources, etc. to help me starting getting smart on this and planning? Thanks!

Last edited:
i recall Amex doesnt match. but hey, doesnt hurt to try. Is the 30k a targeted offer? i havent heard of a 30k offer at all.
Was looking at AMEX site last night because I suddenly realized my mom didn't meet spend on her SPG card yet (couldn't remember if it was $2k or 3k) and it popped up. I can find it this morning incognito on Firefox. It does says "offer for you". Wish I could use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter