I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oddly, it is not showing up in my activity on my Marriott Rewards account, but I know the balance is 1000 points higher.

Just wanted to mention to anyone who is thinking about a series 3 Apple watch. The watches seem to be excluded from all of the shopping portal terms (eBates, Swagbucks, Chase) through the Apple Store. Nike just started selling them on their site earlier this week. Shop through Chase doesn't list the watch for an exclusion and is offering 8 points per $1 as a special promotion right now. If you use your CFU card, then that is 9.5 points per $1.

We used DH's Sapphire Preferred because we are working on the minimum spend. We got two watches and should get 7800 Chase UR points once it posts. I will let everyone know for sure once it posts, but a pretty awesome deal on something that doesn't generally allow discounts/promotions.

Are you after the sign-up bonus for the no-fee Disney card? If so, I'd apply for it first and then cancel the Premier before your AF rolls around again.
If you're not after a sign-up bonus on the no-fee card, just shoot Chase a secured message asking them to downgrade your Premier to the regular Disney card with no fee.
Either way, the Disney cards don't count towards 5/24, so you will have no trouble if you want to apply for the no-fee Disney.

ETA: I know nothing about Citi, so I'm no help there. Sorry.
Yes, I'm looking for the bonus. I know Disney cards are ok over 5/24 because I got the Premier as my 7th Card & Hyatt as 8th. I was just wondering if there was an actual limit on total cards because the page seems awfully full when I log in to my Chase account :)

Yes, I'm looking for the bonus. I know Disney cards are ok over 5/24 because I got the Premier as my 7th Card & Hyatt as 8th. I was just wondering if there was an actual limit on total cards because the page seems awfully full when I log in to my Chase account :)
Ah, gotcha!
I think you'll be fine. I opened 6 Chase cards over the past year, and already had one for a total of 7. Now, I closed two of them before opening the last two, but I don't know if it really mattered. I got the Hyatt and Disney Premier within days of each other last month. They were my 5th and 6th Chase cards in a year's time, and about the 11th and 12th cards of any kind for the year.

Nope. The points for my husband - signed up as Marriott - worked but never did come through for me. I decided to focus on getting the points for him since I've been having so many problems with this promotion.

I decided to just try tweeting for 1000 pts today, and lo and behold, I got 1000 pts! So maybe it's not bc I was signed up originally as Ritz Carlton after all. Whatever, I'll take it!

I am relatively new to this game compared to others here. I just started last November with the CSR. This summer I added the 2 SW personal cards (CP through 2018), the CIP business card and recently the Hyatt (If I can't get a timeshare on the beach at Aruba, Grandma and I will stay at the Hyatt). With my traveling style the SW Companion Pass is very valuable for me. The Majority of our trips are to Disney and 2 week stays are at timeshares. I will not be eligible for my next SW points until June/July 2018. I'm open to any suggestions for a plan going forward.
DH now has the CSR and CIP. I'm thinking that we may need to sign him up for the 3 SW cards to get flights for 2019 when I won't have companion pass. He doesn't travel so no CP but the points will be of value for me.

I decided to just try tweeting for 1000 pts today, and lo and behold, I got 1000 pts! So maybe it's not bc I was signed up originally as Ritz Carlton after all. Whatever, I'll take it!

I was able to get it work a couple weeks ago... Tried today, hours ago and no response. I give up!

Booked my flights for my January trip to Orlando - $115 on Frontier. Soon to be free when I wipe out via my Barclay's Arrival +. I didn't add bags or seats yet. I'll wait until January 1 when my Amex plat credits reset. :-)

Booked an airport hotel (Hilton family) for our last night since have to fly home very early. Used 20K Hilton points + $55 cash for that.

Staying at Coronado Springs for the week. Was pretty cheap from Disney direct, will probably wipe that out with the Arrival, too.

I'm buying annual passes when I go to Food and Wine in two weeks!!! I've never been a passholder. My husband got sticker shock when I told him the cost.

I'm buying annual passes when I go to Food and Wine in two weeks!!! I've never been a passholder. My husband got sticker shock when I told him the cost.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what credit cards you have, but some of the Chase cards give triple points when you purchase through Undercover Tourist and I believe one other site (maybe Parksavers) . They are coded as travel on my Chase cards. I get my base cards and then use Disney gift cards to upgrade.

I was able to get it work a couple weeks ago... Tried today, hours ago and no response. I give up!

thats weird, did u post it in time? i know its got a time limit on it. If you posted it in time, you should take a screenshot and ask Marriott why u didnt get points!

I'm buying annual passes when I go to Food and Wine in two weeks!!! I've never been a passholder. My husband got sticker shock when I told him the cost.

I'm not sure what credit cards you have, but some of the Chase cards give triple points when you purchase through Undercover Tourist and I believe one other site (maybe Parksavers) . They are coded as travel on my Chase cards. I get my base cards and then use Disney gift cards to upgrade. [/QUOTE]
I know the CSR is 3x on park tickets through UT, I've gotten it myself. Don't know about any others.

I missed the Marriott tweet... I checked twitter at 12:50pm but then was busy and just forgot. I just set a weekly reminder so I won't forget next week.

I know the CSR is 3x on park tickets through UT, I've gotten it myself. Don't know about any others.
Question: When using the CSR to get park tickets on Undercover Tourist, will you get 3X UR if the travel credit kicks in to cover $300 of the cost?
For example...say I buy $900 worth of park tickets. Would I get 2700 UR points and then $300 credited back on the purchase?

Ok, so someone help me with the whole "funding a bank account with cc"
I plan to open a checking account with Chase. First for the bonus but also because I'm tired of our current bank, lack of hours, etc. I will set up direct deposit after the account is open, but it takes a few weeks. Can I use a credit card to fund an account at Chase? Can it be a Chase cc? And how exactly do you do it, just tell them you want to charge say $500 on the card to put in the account?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter