• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a timely article...if you're looking at United, don't be fooled by the "Polaris" business class moniker.
http://www.travelingformiles.com/wa...nes-business-class-when-polaris-isnt-polaris/
Omg, I'm not looking but would have been completely taken in. I remember them touting how special Polaris was, how it was absolutely different from normal business class. The seat map should be a dead give-away if you know to watch out for those all seats have aisle access but still, I don't know I would have caught that. Shmucks.

Good to know. We are a long way out from our trip, so lots of time to research!

theres a lot of reviews on like tpg, one mile at a time, etc that go through the entire flight bit by bit. Soft Product and Hard Product. I have been reading that US airlines do great in desserts though... :]

Here's my current problem... as I wait for my SPG Biz, the only minimum spend I have to meet is for my CFU. I'm about halfway through the $500 and have almost two months left. I'm not worried about meeting it, I'm just having trouble getting it over with, for lack of a better term, because I keep using other cards to maximize my points when I buy things. Like, if I get something from the vending machine at work, I use my CSR because it codes as dining... because 1.5 points vs 3 points will make a huge difference on my $0.75 charge lol. Or I spent about $50 at Target the other day, and debated for a moment before pulling out my Discover card.

you gotta think the whole picture.
@ first mark, $6000 spendings, earns u 31,000 points. If i did the math correctly, that is around 5.1 cents per point. so its around 5% return.
@ second mark, $10000 spendings, earns u 45,000 points. 7.5 cents per point. effectively a 7.5% return.

i know the math was done on reddit, but i cant find it... i think thats how its calculated.

Another way to think about it is with the Marriott and SPG merger. 1 SPG = 3 Marriott points. UR from Marriott is 1:1, so there fore its like a 3x card to me. Thats how i see it and i try to swipe my SPG card as much as possible. if no amex card allowed, CFU instead.

DISChurners update...important posts to be released this evening. You won't want to miss your opportunity to contribute to these...Stay Tuned!

I hope to get them out before I head to basketball at 8:30, no guarantees though, lol!
Check out DISchurners if you get a chance - new updates were just posted! Also - if you want in on the action, reminder to PM @SouthFayetteFan and @Albort here on the DISboards to join.

I just booked my first hotel, well first anything, with UR. Still a newbie to anything other than Southwest points. On the one hand I'm happy to have a room to relax in before my daughter's college graduation, on the other hand it was oh so nice of all the hotels to jack the prices up for graduation day, but at least I didn't have to pay cash.

Here's my current problem... as I wait for my SPG Biz, the only minimum spend I have to meet is for my CFU. I'm about halfway through the $500 and have almost two months left. I'm not worried about meeting it, I'm just having trouble getting it over with, for lack of a better term, because I keep using other cards to maximize my points when I buy things. Like, if I get something from the vending machine at work, I use my CSR because it codes as dining... because 1.5 points vs 3 points will make a huge difference on my $0.75 charge lol. Or I spent about $50 at Target the other day, and debated for a moment before pulling out my Discover card.

I hate charging things to a card I’m trying to meet MSR on when I know I have another card that gives me a better bonus in that category of spend.

you gotta think the whole picture.
@ first mark, $6000 spendings, earns u 31,000 points. If i did the math correctly, that is around 5.1 cents per point. so its around 5% return.
@ second mark, $10000 spendings, earns u 45,000 points. 7.5 cents per point. effectively a 7.5% return.

i know the math was done on reddit, but i cant find it... i think thats how its calculated.

Another way to think about it is with the Marriott and SPG merger. 1 SPG = 3 Marriott points. UR from Marriott is 1:1, so there fore its like a 3x card to me. Thats how i see it and i try to swipe my SPG card as much as possible. if no amex card allowed, CFU instead.
Very true. I'll probably move everything to SPG when it comes. It's just this darn CRY haha. I do use my personal SPG for bigger purchases sometimes.

Very true. I'll probably move everything to SPG when it comes. It's just this darn CRY haha. I do use my personal SPG for bigger purchases sometimes.

i plan to use plastiq to meet it. I just hope that Amex doesnt exclude it from MSR... if they do, i am sooo screwed.
i left a few bills unpaid(usually pay on the 15th) so i can add more payments to my SPG biz... coming in 10 days... :\ WHY SO SLOOOOOOW... :(

i plan to use plastiq to meet it. I just hope that Amex doesnt exclude it from MSR... if they do, i am sooo screwed.
i left a few bills unpaid(usually pay on the 15th) so i can add more payments to my SPG biz... coming in 10 days... :\ WHY SO SLOOOOOOW... :(

You can add the iPhone X to meet your spend. $999/$1149 +tax for a phone that by all reports will be in extremely short supply at launch, that’ll take months to catch up with demand, and which you can resell at a decent markup to techies who have too much money to throw at the newest shiny device. Preorders start midnight, 10/27.

You can add the iPhone X to meet your spend. $999/$1149 +tax for a phone that by all reports will be in extremely short supply at launch, that’ll take months to catch up with demand, and which you can resell at a decent markup to techies who have too much money to throw at the newest shiny device. Preorders start midnight, 10/27.

Neat idea...I'm not sure I could stomach that risk though, lol
AevgXrO.jpg

Last edited:
Neat idea...I'm not sure I could stomach that risk though, lol
AevgXrO.jpg

The jet black iPhone 7/7+ were selling for a ~$200-300 premium in the first week or two after release because Apple had difficulties producing that finish in sufficient volume. That was the it color for the phone that the hip set had to have right now. Everything I’ve read suggests the iPhone X will be in even shorter supply with higher demand.

If things don’t work out, Apple has a 14-day no restocking fee return policy.

The jet black iPhone 7/7+ were selling for a ~$200-300 premium in the first week or two after release because Apple had difficulties producing that finish in sufficient volume. That was the it color for the phone that the hip set had to have right now. Everything I’ve read suggests the iPhone X will be in even shorter supply with higher demand.

If things don’t work out, Apple has a 14-day no restocking fee return policy.
I hear ya - and I give props to anybody who takes advantage of the opportunity. Just not my cup of tea lol.

Hey All - I just wanted to give a quick THANK YOU!! In just 2 short days we've had 30 people join DISchurners and many of you have expressed a thank you or more to me and I really appreciate it. I've been lurking on this thread since the beginning and have seen how great people are on here helping one another! I have been thinking for months that it would be great if we were able to do something like this, I guess it took me awhile to realize I could organize it. Hopefully we will be able to support one another over there and grow our little Disney/Churner intertwined community. I sincerely want this to be what we want it to be too so don't hesitate to give feedback (no matter how harsh)!

AND Come April, my wife will be back under 5/24 and I can't wait to support some folks in our community with a CIP, and hopefully a CSR/CSP double dip if that's still going strong! (until that time the Citi Prestige $7,500 and SPG Biz $10,000 Min Spends will preoccupy me, lol!).

This may be a dumb question but what is DISChurners?
It's a private reddit group where we can continue the discussion we have here about CCs and help support one another. If you have a reddit name PM me with it to join...OR if you don't have a reddit name, then register, and then PM me with it to join!

Could you apply for Amex business cards? those don't count toward 5/24 correct?

Not sure if they count towards the 5/24 but I legitimately don't have a business. I mean like others I used to sell things on eBay but haven't in a while..So not sure that would count.

Last edited:
You can add the iPhone X to meet your spend... Preorders start midnight, 10/27.

Just to add in case anyone is considering doing this. Preorders historically open on Apple .com and the Apple Store app at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time although it can take a few minutes for the product listing to populate, so be ready at midnight PT and just keep refreshing (both on a computer and the app if possible because one might load faster than the other). Have an Apple ID account ready with all your billing and shipping info added beforehand. You’ll want to get the iPhone in your cart and checked out as quickly as possible because the longer you wait and the longer it takes, more and more people will have their order confirmations ahead of you, and your shipping time will grow increasingly long as the number of preorders grow. Apple typically guarantees release day (11/3) delivery to the front of the line, but you may be waiting weeks or more than a month if you snooze. [ETA: the Verizon model is probably going to be viewed as the most popular for resell, based on last year's talk that it comes unlocked and supports both GSM and CDMA. It doesn't really matter because you kind of have to buy the phone model for the carrier you have a plan with, whether that's Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile or Sprint. Sprint seems to be the least popular model.]

If you’re thinking of reselling an iPhone, you’ll get the highest price on release day or weekend as those who have to have the new phone now are willing to pay irrational prices, and then prices will drop to closer to retail when people realize they’re not going to die if they have to wait a few weeks more and hopefully Apple increases supply. Obviously, exercise caution when reselling on eBay or in person, and check the going rate at which the items are selling. I’m not a big fan of reselling (or more pejoratively, scalping), but this seems like a pretty sure bet you’ll get your money back and possibly more especially if you’re trying to hit a minimum spend. Besides, don’t a lot of you have eBay “businesses”?

Wife and I are planning to preorder our own iPhone Xs. We’ll also happen to be at Disneyland when preorders go live so fingers crossed, but we’re not going to cry if we have to wait awhile. (Can’t say the same for all our techies in SF.) We do so much with our phones and it’s our go to camera for documenting everything our daughter does. It’s nice to have the newest bells and whistles and two of each so one of us will always be around to take pics or video with essentially the same camera and share it, especially with the holidays, and trips to Disneyland and Hawaii/Aulani coming up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter