I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a business? I got this offer in the mail also a few weeks ago and threw it
in the trash because of no business.

I wonder how close they check for a business. I have heard of people making up one
but thought that was with chase not amex.

Just a third person to say Amex is supposed to be easier. I got a business card from chase in May for my eBay business (this is the first year I've ever sold on ebay). I put $200 for business income and was approved after a day. Put the same info in for Amex last week and was instantly approved.

@Albort I was going to post that I had to wait until 8pm to see if it came, bc our mail has been coming so late. But the truck just went by, off to check!

How does this work?
I looked at the jetblue site, did not see a portal for shopping.

Once I log in to my JetBlue account I usually see it on the home page. Otherwise, click on your TrueBlue account, it's listed under "Our Partners." I've been using it since April and it seems to take exactly a month for the points to show up. In addition to my own purchases, I make a fair amount of purchases for work. Unfortunately, I have to use my work credit card to pay for those purchases, but any shopping portal discounts/points are mine.

Once I log in to my JetBlue account I usually see it on the home page. Otherwise, click on your TrueBlue account, it's listed under "Our Partners." I've been using it since April and it seems to take exactly a month for the points to show up. In addition to my own purchases, I make a fair amount of purchases for work. Unfortunately, I have to use my work credit card to pay for those purchases, but any shopping portal discounts/points are mine.

Thankyou!!!

Bummer... turned down for 100k Marriott match. Guess I go back to hoping that offer comes back in the next month and half and try again.
If at first you don't succeed, try try again! :thumbsup2 Good Luck!

One thing you can try is to ask another department. I tried this once, rewards inquiry wouldnt budge but customer service did. Try that again. Dont ask too many times though, i know on DP he asked so much they actually left a note in his account that this guy has called so many times already lol.

I've heard of people with "businesses" getting cards with Amex. Reddit suggests Amex biz recon is actually easier than Chase biz recon.

To add, amex also does a check first and if you pass, then it hardpulls. saving you a hardpull if you dont qualify at the very beginning.

The utility overpaying is definitely YMMV. All my bills you can pay wayyy over but i tried to take advantage
of Amex offer of extra points by paying cable bill and it got rejected. Direct Tv informed me i can only
pay 100 dollars over bill. Lame!

heh, sometimes u just gotta play with it... for example, my electric bill wouldnt allow me to overpay it... so i basically pay twice with the same gift card(which i bought @5x) and that works... :P

What card is everyone putting their Christmas shopping on?
Or does it depend on the store?
I never got the amazon card because i don't want to be encouraged
to shop their more than i need to. lol

depends on card for sure... most of my purchases are with gift card buying first. if not, then i see what i can use to pay that would multiple... if all else fail, then amex spg for me...:]

It's here, it came! It's like Christmas! Hahahahaha

@Albort

thanks! i hope i get mine today or tomorrow! too bad plastiq is still amex down... :(

Do you have a business? I got this offer in the mail also a few weeks ago and threw it

I wonder how close they check for a business. I have heard of people making up one
I have a "business". I'm going to wait until later in November to apply, still working on the CIP minimum spend.

Why, yes I do! I was thrilled to see that posted. This is my go to card for free hotel stays in Europe. It's my favorite card that I don't use. I'll take it out of the drawer for this though.

Do you guys use Chase Credit Journey? I enrolled my college student daughter, so we can keep an eye on her credit score. There is a box for pre-qualified offers, does that mean she would get those if she applied? There is a CSP offer in there LOL! I can't get one because I am over 5/24, but my 21 year old college student can? LOL, she couldn't ever make the spend, not even close, but it's kinda funny.

:scratchin Never thought I'd see something that made me wish I went ahead and had kids instead of beloved nieces and nephews :upsidedow If I did, I'd be happy to see that card offer come through and my daughter apply for the card, with me as an AU. I'd make the spend for her and transfer the points over to my account for our next family vacation. I help her establish and build credit and a relationship with Chase, she gets me more UR points and we thumb our nose at LOL/24. Win. Win. :D

Well, I have 4 business cards, 3 Amex and 1 Chase for my "business."

What card is everyone putting their Christmas shopping on?
Or does it depend on the store?

As hard as i hit Amazon the last month I'm wondering if i should break
down and get their card. I just used Discover recently because of 5x.

I never got the amazon card because i don't want to be encouraged
to shop their more than i need to. lol

If you plan on getting Chase cards for travel that fall under 5/24 I would not suggest getting the Amazon card. For Amazon shopping, I usually purchase Amazon gift cards via Staples with my Ink+ card that earns 5x at Office Supply stores. Or, in a pinch when I'm out of gift cards, via the United MPX app which earns .05 UA miles per dollar for Amazon GCs and since I have a United credit card too, I get an additional 25% bonus in UA points.

I always focus on which card will earn me the most points and miles for any given purchase. If I can stack the earnings with a shopping portal, even better. So, I am always shuffling through cards. I imagine someone here who is a cash back fan could offer better advice on those types of cards. Even at 5x, it would be impossible for me to get the same value, much less exceed it on a cash back card that I can on a card that earns variable points and miles. Freedom is 5x for department stores this quarter but I doubt I will use it for Christmas shopping. I will be maxing that out for Walmart GCs that I can use to buy discounted Disney GCs at Sam's. The 5x points I earn will get transferred over to my CSR so I can get greater value for them. I can then use those points to purchase travel at 1.5 or transfer to an airline partner for an award flight that might easily cost thousands of dollars and way more points than I'd be willing to use as cash.

As for holiday shopping, I will likely hold out and see if there's an amazing new credit card offer as the holidays draw closer and get a new bonus while making my spend with Christmas shopping.

So you can use any credit card to pay? With Discover 5x this quarter...u can earn that AND 3x jetblue points?

I just got an offer for 120k points for Marriott with a 12k fist year spend. I might bite.

Yes, I did take the 80K offer for Marriott personal. My plan is to SM for the match to 100K once I've got the card and I'm just about done with spend. I figure it doesn't hurt to ask. If they say no, I'm still in the same place I started.

Why does waiting on a new card have to feel like such agony? LOL. I'm still waiting on my Marriott card to arrive. I had SM'd Chase to have the card expedited, but they couldn't because they needed to verify my Marriott account number. Ugh. I got an email today saying they mailed me a card yesterday, so I'm assuming that's it. The next 3-5 days will be the longest ever!! Don't they know I've got bills I need to pay, but won't because I want to use them for spend on this card???? :P
Most of the Chase branded cards have your membership reward number printed on them, so they can't just pop one in an envelope and overnight it. One of mine(maybe Hyatt ) came really quick &I realized they didn't put my Hyatt number on it.

First purchase down! haha. DH is trying to rescue photos from a digital picture frame that's old enough it needs an old cord. He was like, I'm gonna order this $12 cord and pick it up tomorrow and I was like, USE THIS CARD!!! He goes... does it matter? Do you want to stay at the Dolphin in January? Use the dang card.

:rotfl:

Oops, forgot an AMEX question though. Now that I have two cards under the same profile, I've read that you have to do the work around to get the same offers on both cards like opening multiple tabs, etc. Right now I have that SPG offer on my personal card (spend $300 $60 back). If I take it off is there any chance it comes up as available on the business card?

Oops, forgot an AMEX question though. Now that I have two cards under the same profile, I've read that you have to do the work around to get the same offers on both cards like opening multiple tabs, etc. Right now I have that SPG offer on my personal card (spend $300 $60 back). If I take it off is there any chance it comes up as available on the business card?

If you take it on one offer it will disappear from any other cards. You need to open up all of the offers for each card in a separate tab. I've seen popular offers disappear pretty quickly when they aren't added right away. You may check back a day later and they are gone.

If you take it on one offer it will disappear from any other cards. You need to open up all of the offers for each card in a separate tab. I've seen popular offers disappear pretty quickly when they aren't added right away. You may check back a day later and they are gone.

does it not add on both cards when clicked once? thats pretty poopy, probably should have kept them separated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter