I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
does it not add on both cards when clicked once? thats pretty poopy, probably should have kept them separated.

Nope. You can test it with an offer you don't want just to see. Find one that is on multiple cards. Pick a card and add the offer. Then check the other cards the offer was also on and it will have disappeared as an option and will not be on any of the other cards. The only work around is to open each card in a separate tab and have all offers listed on each one before selecting any of them.

@Albort unfortunately... I remember reading that before. Definitely make sure to do as calypso says.

Nope. You can test it with an offer you don't want just to see. Find one that is on multiple cards. Pick a card and add the offer. Then check the other cards the offer was also on and it will have disappeared as an option and will not be on any of the other cards. The only work around is to open each card in a separate tab and have all offers listed on each one before selecting any of them.

good to know. thanks. Perhaps splitting them would be a better idea now... damn.

Seems I got approved for the Chase AARP card! It's now showing on my Accounts page. I really wasn't expecting it, but I'll take it! 3% back on gas and restaurants and a $200 after $500 spend sign-up bonus.

I'm thinking of starting a separate account (probably online savings) where I put all of my cashback earnings and cash sign-up bonuses.

First purchase down! haha. DH is trying to rescue photos from a digital picture frame that's old enough it needs an old cord. He was like, I'm gonna order this $12 cord and pick it up tomorrow and I was like, USE THIS CARD!!! He goes... does it matter? Do you want to stay at the Dolphin in January? Use the dang card.

:rotfl:
HAHAHA this is me and my DH...... he always asks if it's worth it,and then I toss back something similiar and he shuts up fast and uses whatever card I pop in his wallet:rotfl:

good to know. thanks. Perhaps splitting them would be a better idea now... damn.
Yeah... I was trying to do that and it was giving me troubles, and at some point I logged into my main account and it kept that and put them together. At that point I was just like, as long as the darn thing is acitvated!

HAHAHA this is me and my DH...... he always asks if it's worth it,and then I toss back something similiar and he shuts up fast and uses whatever card I pop in his wallet:rotfl:
Exactly! I plan to sticker his cards this week too so he knows what to use when he doesn't have a new card :rotfl:

Seems I got approved for the Chase AARP card! It's now showing on my Accounts page. I really wasn't expecting it, but I'll take it! 3% back on gas and restaurants and a $200 after $500 spend sign-up bonus.

I'm thinking of starting a separate account (probably online savings) where I put all of my cashback earnings and cash sign-up bonuses.
I literally have all rebates from checks and all gift cards in my sock drawer. I do have a capital one account (online only) for vacation for extra earnings.

I have $20 off undercover tourist spend of $100 on many of my Amex cards. It looks as though UT doesn't do split payments though so there's not really a great way to optimize. Anyone able to use this effectively with multiple cards last time it came around?

I have $20 off undercover tourist spend of $100 on many of my Amex cards. It looks as though UT doesn't do split payments though so there's not really a great way to optimize. Anyone able to use this effectively with multiple cards last time it came around?
My thoughts were multiple orders if buying multiple tickets or call UT and ask if they'll split the charge if just buying one ticket. (I was so into maxing it out I almost called UT when I realized I'm buying one ticket for <$200 so no maximizing for me anyway.)

Like gottalovepluto mentioned, I used multiple orders to use the AMEX offer on as many cards as I could. I didn't try calling UT though. And I think I used the Mousesavers newsletter link to access UT for the extra little discount.

Also, if you have AU you can use yours, theirs, etc. I have DD, DH, DM as AUs on most cards and they occasionally get offers I don't OR we all get them and can be used. Last month (I think) 1500 MR for $100 grocery came to DM and DH's card. That was an easy 3000 MR!

Congratulations! Easiest 20k UR ever, right?

Definitely! Also getting ready to have our house painted (dh's place of "business") and that is $3500 of the spend met easily. Hopefully CIP is still coding 3x for mortgages. I have one more I have to use my arrival card for and then I'm back to the CIP.

:scratchin Never thought I'd see something that made me wish I went ahead and had kids instead of beloved nieces and nephews :upsidedow If I did, I'd be happy to see that card offer come through and my daughter apply for the card, with me as an AU. I'd make the spend for her and transfer the points over to my account for our next family vacation. I help her establish and build credit and a relationship with Chase, she gets me more UR points and we thumb our nose at LOL/24. Win. Win. :D

Don't think I didn't consider it!! I don't think I have an account to transfer the points too. I am also trying to continue to build her credit, so I don't know that I want to get into the whole get a car and cancel it after a year thing to avoid the fee quite yet. Is there a product she could downgrade too after the year so she could keep the card with no fee?

She also has prequalified offers for Chase Freedom and Chase Freedom unlimited.

Don't think I didn't consider it!! I don't think I have an account to transfer the points too. I am also trying to continue to build her credit, so I don't know that I want to get into the whole get a car and cancel it after a year thing to avoid the fee quite yet. Is there a product she could downgrade too after the year so she could keep the card with no fee?

She also has prequalified offers for Chase Freedom and Chase Freedom unlimited.
She could downgrade to either the Freedom or the Freedom Unlimited. Just last month I downgraded my CSP to a Freedom Unlimited. The AF hit my account but it was reversed a few weeks after the change was made.

She could downgrade to either the Freedom or the Freedom Unlimited. Just last month I downgraded my CSP to a Freedom Unlimited. The AF hit my account but it was reversed a few weeks after the change was made.
Interesting. I haven't had a CSP in years, so I don't think I have an account to transfer to, I guess I could just log in to her account? Would the 50000 be lost if she downgraded, or would it be better to just transfer them out to a partner? (I assume that is an option)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter