I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I'm going to try to get a CIBP card for me using my wifes referral link. The wife has a legit home business. Would it be okay to have my new card setup as part of her business? It's a sole proprietorship so the application goes in my personal name but the income information would be for the business.

Sorry, I know this has been asked many times before but just to clarify - Chase 2/30 rule says that you can only have 2 applications every 30 days or else you’ll automatically be rejected. Is that only Chase applications or other banks too? Thanks!
Welcome back! Haven't seen you here in a while.

The 2/30 (or 0/30, 1/30) rule refers to Chase applications only. Chase will likely only approve you for a personal card if you've had no more than 2 Chase applications in the last 30 days, and won't approve you for a Chase business card if you've applied for another Chase card in the last 30 days.
Is there clarity on whether 2/30 refers to applications or approved cards?

EXAMPLE: If you are approved for a card on day 10; Apply for another card and denied on day 15; What happens if you apply on day 20 for a different card? This is a scenario that I have personally never seen documented online (since most people either recon their way to an approval or cool it after the denial since it's due to inquiries or something like that).

Anybody have specific DPs on that one?

For anyone who has booked and canceled a trip through the Chase portal, did the canceled reservation go away immediately in the "Trips" section of the portal? I canceled and rebooked a hotel to get a lower price a couple weeks ago, and both are still listed as active trips even though I've already been refunded the original total.

For anyone who has booked and canceled a trip through the Chase portal, did the canceled reservation go away immediately in the "Trips" section of the portal? I canceled and rebooked a hotel to get a lower price a couple weeks ago, and both are still listed as active trips even though I've already been refunded the original total.

I currently have three trips listed in my account. Two are ones I cancelled and one is active. When I click on one of the cancelled trips, it still shows all the details of the trip but also says "Cancelled" in red at the top.

I have one still showing from 6 months ago.

That happened for me as well. The trip never went away until the travel dates. I was initially concerned, but once I called and was reassured that it was cancelled and that the points really were permanently refunded. The csr had no idea why the cancelled trip still showed up.

I currently have three trips listed in my account. Two are ones I cancelled and one is active. When I click on one of the cancelled trips, it still shows all the details of the trip but also says "Cancelled" in red at the top.

Ah, so it does! Thanks for pointing that out! I just didn't want to be charged a no-show fee because Chase didn't properly cancel my reservation.

Two major milestones for me today...can I brag here? lol!
- I personally opened my 40th card since I began churning
- Counting 2 player mode we hit our 60th card since we began churning

And for my next trick I will now meet the $10,000 minimum spend on this new SPG Business Card, lol!

My cancelled trips and car rentals annoy me so much I change the name to CANCELLED xyz so I don't get confuse it with the active ones. Like above, my cancelled trips disappear after their travel dates.

Two major milestones for me today...can I brag here? lol!
- I personally opened my 40th card since I began churning
- Counting 2 player mode we hit our 60th card since we began churning

And for my next trick I will now meet the $10,000 minimum spend on this new SPG Business Card, lol!
I can't wait to tell DH this tonight. He thinks we've had a lot of cards haha
My cancelled trips and car rentals annoy me so much I change the name to CANCELLED xyz so I don't get confuse it with the active ones. Like above, my cancelled trips disappear after their travel dates.
This is what I do too

So I paid off my Citi Prestige today and the statement closes Friday. Can't wait until next week when I see those 88,000 ThankYou points!!

Now that that MS is completed, I'm puzzling over my next move. I have a $2000 bill due in December, so I'm debating Amex Delta Gold (50,000 skymiles with 2K) spend. According to DOC, it's the highest bonus offered (and another 10, 000 miles with another 1K spend over 6 months). I'm wayover/24 so no Chase cards and have no legit (or illegit :rolleyes1) businesses...anything better out there in y'alls opinion?
Yay for your 88K ThankYou points! Lol at the Delta Amex because I JUST analysed that card and picked it up for myself. Now- I know nothing about Amex's MR cards! SouthFayetteFan has a SWEET rundown of current Amex MR cards and turning MR into cash w/ the Amex Schwab in our Reddit group. You can PM @SouthFayetteFan or @Albort to get hooked up if you aren't already (everyone is welcome, don't be shy if you're interested!)

Very important thing to remember about Delta Amex: once in a lifetime bonus (just in case you missed that part, I doubt it because you researched on DoC but just in case!) Personally, I got Delta now because: highest bonus offered sounded too good to pass, I'm traveling on Delta soon (OMG "SOON" = NEXT WEEK!!!! I'M GOING TO WDW!!! and now back to your regularly scheduled programming...) and I have some other Delta points from them screwing up a trip of mine this summer that the bonus should pair nicely with. There is also a $50 statement credit in that offer that is triggered when you buy something from Delta so I'll buy the cheapest thing they sell on board. For the $50 statement credit you have to buy something on Delta.com or on-board (idk if Delta Lounge purchases count). Any purchases from those places, no matter how small or big, will trigger your $50 statement credit. If you aren't flying Delta in the next 3 months and don't plan on purchasing a Delta flight in the next 3 months from their website you may or may not want to wait on the card. But, if you get the card don't let that statement credit go to waste! People have reported that purchasing a $50 Delta Gift Card on delta.com (lowest they offer) will trigger the statement credit as well.

FWIW the current public offer expires 11/8 but if you want a couple more months before applying (or know anyone with the card already) you can use a referral link for the exact same offer except it won't expire until 1/31/2018. (That's not unusual for Delta, they did the same thing last time with this offer. Larger public offer was gone but the larger offer was still around for another month or two via referral.)

Now, some people think it's a total waste to get Delta as your first Amex and want as many MR cards as possible instead but in my analysis for myself it worked out the best for me right now. Good luck with your research and choice!

what you plan to do?
First off, I have $4,000 balance owed on our Disney trip for January.

The rest will be organic too, we spend about on average $783 combined monthly on food, necessities and transportation.

I also like to prepay my utilities for the year with a credit card in January, it costs between $1.95 and $4 per transaction to pay with a credit card so if I pay it all at once I save on the processing costs (and I look at it as part of our emergency fund since that's about $3,000 in bills we won't have over the next 11 months.

Yay for your 88K ThankYou points! Lol at the Delta Amex because I JUST analysed that card and picked it up for myself. Now- I know nothing about Amex's MR cards! SouthFayetteFan has a SWEET rundown of current Amex MR cards and turning MR into cash w/ the Amex Schwab in our Reddit group. You can PM @SouthFayetteFan or @Albort to get hooked up if you aren't already (everyone is welcome, don't be shy if you're interested!)

Very important thing to remember about Delta Amex: once in a lifetime bonus (just in case you missed that part, I doubt it because you researched on DoC but just in case!) Personally, I got Delta now because: highest bonus offered sounded too good to pass, I'm traveling on Delta soon (OMG "SOON" = NEXT WEEK!!!! I'M GOING TO WDW!!! and now back to your regularly scheduled programming...) and I have some other Delta points from them screwing up a trip of mine this summer that the bonus should pair nicely with. There is also a $50 statement credit in that offer that is triggered when you buy something from Delta so I'll buy the cheapest thing they sell on board. For the $50 statement credit you have to buy something on Delta.com or on-board (idk if Delta Lounge purchases count). Any purchases from those places, no matter how small or big, will trigger your $50 statement credit. If you aren't flying Delta in the next 3 months and don't plan on purchasing a Delta flight in the next 3 months from their website you may or may not want to wait on the card. But, if you get the card don't let that statement credit go to waste! People have reported that purchasing a $50 Delta Gift Card on delta.com (lowest they offer) will trigger the statement credit as well.

FWIW the current public offer expires 11/8 but if you want a couple more months before applying (or know anyone with the card already) you can use a referral link for the exact same offer except it won't expire until 1/31/2018. (That's not unusual for Delta, they did the same thing last time with this offer. Larger public offer was gone but the larger offer was still around for another month or two via referral.)

Now, some people think it's a total waste to get Delta as your first Amex and want as many MR cards as possible instead but in my analysis for myself it worked out the best for me right now. Good luck with your research and choice!

Thanks! I think I'm almost as excited about completing the spend (DH decided to book a cruise next summer so that helped!) as earning the TY points.

I am essentially a Delta captive so I have the AmexPlatinum, Delta Amex Reserve and Delta Platinum which is why I'm still sort of torn about getting the delta gold. There's really no sense in having THREE Delta Amexes except for the sign up bonus. That said, with the first year waived plus the $50 airline credit it sort of seems like a no brainer. Since Amex is really getting cranky about churning, it wouldn't kill me to hold onto for more than a year, I suppose.

Hope you have fun at WDW! We're headed there the weekend before Thanksgiving-we haven't been to the Parks in about 5 years so DD is excited:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter