I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you were still looking at first class, the Jetblue mint's hard product comes close to many international airlines. it might be worth trying that out. soft product looks a bit the same though.

I looked into Mint but they only have it out of JFK and our airport is EWR. It would mean a 1.5 hour drive to and from the airport as opposed to our 18 min drive. Not worth it. Plus the Mint experience - very pricey both miles and $$.

Question about personal SPG....I've had this card for a number of years now(and enjoyed many wonderful almost free stays at WDW using it) but now I'm wondering if it's worth keeping anymore. What will I lose if I get rid of it? Can I still transfer points UR-Marr-SPG? can I still purchase points on sale if I want to without it? thanks....

Depends on whether you use it at Swolphin or not. Right now you can buy points for 35% off, plus get 2 points per dollar on the purchase. This is one I am considering, as you can book at those hotels way cheaper with SPG points you buy at this discount level than if you paid cash (depending on when you book). Since we head over somewhat often and spend most of our time in EP, this may make sense for us (still on the fence- but will probably pull the trigger). With a 5th night free, and gold status from our AmEx platinum, it is a much better redemption than the Disney EP hotels using any of the different points available- and may make sense for some to keep it. So, the answer depends on what you are going to do with the points you acquire. Everyone's situation is different is there is no answer that will work across the board for everyone.

If you were still looking at first class, the Jetblue mint's hard product comes close to many international airlines. it might be worth trying that out. soft product looks a bit the same though.

JB flights look like SW. i just checked JB and i can fly to MCO at 11,200 points. cash value is $129 though so its $.01 per point. I think JB points are easily earned. for example Amazon purchases are 3 points per $1. although i have not yet received any points from it yet. :\

like what previous said, you lose your ability to earn easily. you will lose your easy status as well. I also dont plan on keeping my personal SPG but i do plan on keeping the business SPG as that has one extra benefit than the personal. as for UR--> Marriott --> SPG, you lose a crapload of value to it. from Marriott to SPG is 1:3 so basically for every 3 UR points = 1 SPG point. its not worth it. id probably stick with Hyatt instead. I believe point purchases are with SPG themselves but you do lose out an on extra 2x points using the Amex SPG.
Ack. in spite of the other hotel options I have, I just love keeping that onsite option open at that hotel I love so much......

Ack. in spite of the other hotel options I have, I just love keeping that onsite option open at that hotel I love so much......

if thats the case, you can see if amex would give u a retention amount back. u might keep your SPG for awhile...

Depends on whether you use it at Swolphin or not. Right now you can buy points for 35% off, plus get 2 points per dollar on the purchase. This is one I am considering, as you can book at those hotels way cheaper with SPG points you buy at this discount level than if you paid cash (depending on when you book). Since we head over somewhat often and spend most of our time in EP, this may make sense for us (still on the fence- but will probably pull the trigger). With a 5th night free, and gold status from our AmEx platinum, it is a much better redemption than the Disney EP hotels using any of the different points available- and may make sense for some to keep it. So, the answer depends on what you are going to do with the points you acquire. Everyone's situation is different is there is no answer that will work across the board for everyone.

Thanks for pointing this out. I've put it on my calendar to buy points before 12/29. Just not sure how many. Seems like a very good deal.

Tried to make a payment on my car with my Marriott card through Plastiq, got denied. Maybe it's time to give up on Plastiq for me.

no mastercard?
I really just need to work on my SPG biz spend and I need another $1500 on the Marriott card for the extra 20k points. Car payments are the only things we could use Plastiq for right now. Maybe I'll try DH's since it's Ford.

I really just need to work on my SPG biz spend and I need another $1500 on the Marriott card for the extra 20k points. Car payments are the only things we could use Plastiq for right now. Maybe I'll try DH's since it's Ford.

try Tio. i see Toyota Financial services on there. is 3% though instead of 2.5%. I think they take Amex. I cant test it as i dont have a account to see what they take.

Finally got my 1000 points from Marriott. I had to DM/Message Marriott for them but its finally here!
Lucky you! I just keep getting the run-around to contact someone else. And then they had the nerve to send me a customer service survey. I politely dinged them on their lack of customer service.

Lucky you! I just keep getting the run-around to contact someone else. And then they had the nerve to send me a customer service survey. I politely dinged them on their lack of customer service.

u gotta be persistent i guess. i tweeted them 2 times. (retweeted my original to kinda show how many times i had to retweet them) and also DM them every 24 hours... Try that... :] i guess they are getting hit hard. i took them over 24 hours to respond.

I tried my Marriott card in the vending machine at work just now and it got declined. So maybe it's my card and not Plastiq - fingers crossed! I'll have to give them a call tonight. I was hoping for a teeny bit more wiggle room on the date for the remaining $1500 so I could actually just make a normal car payment, but now it's too late to do this month's because it wouldn't arrive on time, and the end date is before next month's payment.

I was hoping for a teeny bit more wiggle room on the date for the remaining $1500 so I could actually just make a normal car payment, but now it's too late to do this month's because it wouldn't arrive on time, and the end date is before next month's payment.
Can you make next month's payment a few weeks early?

Finally got my 1000 points from Marriott. I had to DM/Message Marriott for them but its finally here!
I'm still trying to get my points from my MORE purchase. I sent them my emailed receipt from Petco and a screen shot of the browser window when I launched MORE through the extension, saying I would get 5 points/$1 on my purchase. They wrote back asking for a receipt of my purchase and an indication that I went through the browser extension for the sale. :badpc:

I'm still trying to get my points from my MORE purchase. I sent them my emailed receipt from Petco and a screen shot of the browser window when I launched MORE through the extension, saying I would get 5 points/$1 on my purchase. They wrote back asking for a receipt of my purchase and an indication that I went through the browser extension for the sale. :badpc:
I hate when companies do that-ask for something you already gave them. I tried resolving a charge error thru SM with Chase. Ended up calling because they kept asking for info I gave them and sending me notices they were opening a charge dispute when I was trying to get them to close a dispute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter