I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still trying to get my points from my MORE purchase. I sent them my emailed receipt from Petco and a screen shot of the browser window when I launched MORE through the extension, saying I would get 5 points/$1 on my purchase. They wrote back asking for a receipt of my purchase and an indication that I went through the browser extension for the sale. :badpc:

heh, im still waiting for a reply. i accidently used the wrong card so i cancelled it but i still got points... :\ unsure if it will get clawed back or not.
emailed them, still waiting for a reply... :\

That's true, I can do that. We also talked about making an extra payment of some amount on a car loan anyways.
If I recall you were trying Plastiq and Toyota mine just went through using a visa. Payment hasn’t cut the check yet since I missed this months payment by a day. Good luck

Just got approved for the Schwab Amex Plat card! YAY! 60,000 more Amex MR points, here we go! Thanks @SouthFayetteFan for putting that on my radar.
It's a hidden gem! Glad to be of assistance...if I don't get a good retention offer on it tomorrow I'll be cancelling mine (annual fee is due in 5 days).

How's that saying go..."With every death there comes Rebirth..." Treat the card well Calypso...treat it well! :angel:

If I recall you were trying Plastiq and Toyota mine just went through using a visa. Payment hasn’t cut the check yet since I missed this months payment by a day. Good luck
Yeah. I think my problem is my card got flagged for fraud last month when I used it for my car repair. I thought I had gotten that taken care of, but apparently not

Just got approved for the Schwab Amex Plat card! YAY! 60,000 more Amex MR points, here we go! Thanks @SouthFayetteFan for putting that on my radar.
Hey Calypso - can I confirm that you got approved for the AmEx Schwab Platinum even though you already have the personal platinum? Did you need to cancel the personal platinum first?

Hey Calypso - can I confirm that you got approved for the AmEx Schwab Platinum even though you already have the personal platinum? Did you need to cancel the personal platinum first?

Pretty sure she has the personal and business Platinum too. :rotfl2:

google express amex offer (search feature not working for me today) anyone try to use this to buy a gift card at one of the merchants listed?

AmEx has like 6 or 7 different Platinum cards- and each one, in our experience, has been treated as a separate product- as they all have different AFs and benefits. If you are concerned, call AmEx and ask them. Given the new gaming language- they may be changing some of their co-branding policies as well, but I doubt it.

AmEx has like 6 or 7 different Platinum cards- and each one, in our experience, has been treated as a separate product- as they all have different AFs and benefits. If you are concerned, call AmEx and ask them. Given the new gaming language- they may be changing some of their co-branding policies as well, but I doubt it.
I attempted to apply for the regular platinum multiple times while I had the Schwab Plat. Each time the application was basically cancelled (no hard pull, no record of the app on the AMEX status site) and I was told my application was cancelled because I already had a Plat. I've seen other DPs that suggested people were able to get both so I definitely think this is a YMMV sort of thing. I never fought them on it because I had plenty of other cards and offers to take advantage of.

I've never used the CSR price protection feature. I'd like to buy a new iPad which will be on sale Black Friday from several retailers. I'd like to buy it now to take advantage of the bonus points on the SW shopping portal. Do you guys think I'd be able to get the price matched? It will be an $80 savings. How does one go about the price matching?

I've never used the CSR price protection feature. I'd like to buy a new iPad which will be on sale Black Friday from several retailers. I'd like to buy it now to take advantage of the bonus points on the SW shopping portal. Do you guys think I'd be able to get the price matched? It will be an $80 savings. How does one go about the price matching?

Yes. Last year I price matched a Coach purse that I bought using my CF and it went on sale at Macy's for Black Friday.

I don't exactly remember the process. I know I called and was directed to a website where I entered the information. Had a check for the difference within a few weeks.

I attempted to apply for the regular platinum multiple times while I had the Schwab Plat. Each time the application was basically cancelled (no hard pull, no record of the app on the AMEX status site) and I was told my application was cancelled because I already had a Plat. I've seen other DPs that suggested people were able to get both so I definitely think this is a YMMV sort of thing. I never fought them on it because I had plenty of other cards and offers to take advantage of.

Yeah- policies on the Platinum definitely vary. My wife got a targeted offer of 150k or 175k for a personal platinum years ago- and we jumped on it despite the massive spend. After we made the minimum spend (this was way back before I had a platinum), I called them to see if they would match the offer for me- and it had only been like 2-3 months. They wouldn't do it, and I have seen where they have done it for others on the various travel blogs. As you said, it is a YMMV type of thing.

I'd say you definitely could. Just keep a copy of your receipt. You go to eclaimsline.com and put in your credit card number and zip code. It then comes up with your options and you can just choose to start a new claim. From there, you just answer the questions asked and upload a copy of your receipt and a dated copy of the price you are wanting to match.

I've had very good luck with the price matching benefit!

I'd say you definitely could. Just keep a copy of your receipt. You go to eclaimsline.com and put in your credit card number and zip code. It then comes up with your options and you can just choose to start a new claim. From there, you just answer the questions asked and upload a copy of your receipt and a dated copy of the price you are wanting to match.

I've had very good luck with the price matching benefit!
Thanks! I'll go for it now.

Yes, I was approved instantly last night. I have not cancelled any Amex Platinum cards either. DH was also approved and he is currently holding both Amex Platinum personal and business cards as well.

Pretty sure she has the personal and business Platinum too. :rotfl2:

Why, yes. Yes I do :rotfl:

Depends on whether you use it at Swolphin or not. Right now you can buy points for 35% off, plus get 2 points per dollar on the purchase. This is one I am considering, as you can book at those hotels way cheaper with SPG points you buy at this discount level than if you paid cash (depending on when you book). Since we head over somewhat often and spend most of our time in EP, this may make sense for us (still on the fence- but will probably pull the trigger). With a 5th night free, and gold status from our AmEx platinum, it is a much better redemption than the Disney EP hotels using any of the different points available- and may make sense for some to keep it. So, the answer depends on what you are going to do with the points you acquire. Everyone's situation is different is there is no answer that will work across the board for everyone.
This is probably old news to the rest of you, but you can get 2.5% back on your points purchase if you start at TopCashBack and go through points.com to buy SPG points.

Yes, I was approved instantly last night. I have not cancelled any Amex Platinum cards either. DH was also approved and he is currently holding both Amex Platinum personal and business cards as well.

Why, yes. Yes I do :rotfl:

Is this a charge card or a credit card? I think I have the limit for credit cards (4). I am planning to cancel at least one after the first of the year but maybe I should do it sooner . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter