I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. The son that will be flying with me probably won't need to fly with me again. My other son may need to fly with me in May. And I would like to be able to use my husband as a companion pass at some point too... So this works uld work even if I need to put son #1 back on -correct?
To clarify: will you earn your Companion Pass in 2017 or 2018?

Google express didn't get my order delivered and when I called them they refunded the purchase but I'm still getting the item. I guess I can't repurchase and trigger the Amex offer again, correct? I'm still ending up way ahead but I wouldn't mind ordering the same item again since I need two.

You should be able to. Amex Offers are redeemed when you meet the purchase amount and terms. If your order is refunded, you shouldn’t get the statement credit or it’ll get clawed back. In which case, you should be able to use it again. This has happened to me before on a Best Buy Offer because bestbuy .com has a tendency of canceling my orders. Order canceled, but the offer was still available for me to use in store.

I need help. Not with a cc offer but reservation I'm flying on. Today is fine but Tuesday I have a flight CMI - DAY (return of my current ticket). I have a flight Wednesday DAY - MCO. I want to go CMI - MCO Tuesday instead. United quoted me nearly $600 to do this, which seems insane. My current ticket was a cash reservation, my Wednesday ticket was miles. Any advice on how to get me to MCO easier? I still need to keep my Friday return MCO to DAY. I have no status. United airlines.

Anyone know if the topcashback 20% offer is good for ebags gift cards? Or if gift cards work for AA or United miles via their portals?

Not sure. I could swear Ebates credited me for a gift card purchase earlier this year, but I can’t double check because my purchase history doesn’t go that far back on my phone. If I have time and am on my computer, I always go through portals anyway just in cash they credit.

Does anyone know if the Shopkick offers stack with cc bonus? Like 5% at Walmart plus 6x kicks?

ETA. Found answer. Both require login thru their own site, so it won't work.

Last edited:
I need help. Not with a cc offer but reservation I'm flying on. Today is fine but Tuesday I have a flight CMI - DAY (return of my current ticket). I have a flight Wednesday DAY - MCO. I want to go CMI - MCO Tuesday instead. United quoted me nearly $600 to do this, which seems insane. My current ticket was a cash reservation, my Wednesday ticket was miles. Any advice on how to get me to MCO easier? I still need to keep my Friday return MCO to DAY. I have no status. United airlines.

changes are tough with airlines... so expensive just to change dates... this might be a good question for reddit... haha.

United is showing award flights for 12.5K + $81 on Tues CMI-MCO, so that's good.

1) You could change your award ticket to the Tues CMI-MCO segment and pay the $125 penalty to do so - seems like that is a lot less than $600. But you will probably be out the money for the return segment CMI-DAY. Definitely worth calling and asking about that.

2) Or pay $200 to change the cash ticket to CMI-MCO + any difference in fare [this might be costly, is that where $600 is quoted from?], and then cancel and redeposit your Wed DAY-MCO (still $125) -- but if that was booked as a round trip I don't know how that affects your Fri return.

Good luck.

United is showing award flights for 12.5K + $81 on Tues CMI-MCO, so that's good.

1) You could change your award ticket to the Tues CMI-MCO segment and pay the $125 penalty to do so - seems like that is a lot less than $600. But you will probably be out the money for the return segment CMI-DAY. Definitely worth calling and asking about that.

2) Or pay $200 to change the cash ticket to CMI-MCO + any difference in fare [this might be costly, is that where $600 is quoted from?], and then cancel and redeposit your Wed DAY-MCO (still $125) -- but if that was booked as a round trip I don't know how that affects your Fri return.

Good luck.

Thanks. Yeah the $600 is the fare difference plus change. I'm not sure how it will impact the Friday return either. I'm not sure I really have any other options at this point. Either pay it or just keep my not ideal reservation. Sigh.

I'm back for some more advice. I will be hitting my MS for a couple cards very soon and need to start loooking. I have the CSR,CIP,Chase Hyatt, and 2 southwest cards for my companion pass. My husband has CSR and CIP. I'm really open to suggestions. I have more hay to pay for.

Well. I just got auto approved for my 15th card in 15 months. Cap One Venture. I never thought when I woke up this morning that I'd be applying for another card. I was all settled and ready to just use my Freedom and Unlimited like a good little Ultimate Rewards soldier, with the plan to use them exclusively until 2019 when I'd apply for a new CSP and a new SW Plus.

But then my mother mentioned a trip to Colorado with some family and friends to stay at a family-owned condo this summer. She asked if I wanted to come, but I declined as I won't be able to get off work, and honestly it doesn't sound all that appealing to me (Colorado sounds nice, but a week in close quarters with the family and friends in question makes my eye twitch). The stay in the condo is free, but the prospect of booking flights and affording them seemed to be a concern.

So what's a good daughter to do? I knew Southwest has direct nonstop flights to Denver from here, so I looked into the cost. Pretty decent. Mom and Dad can fly round trip "Wanna Get Away" for about $503, taxes and fees included. Texted Mom and told her, and she seemed thrilled with the price.

My wheels started turning. How to get these flights for free? My current stash of Rapid Rewards wouldn't cover it (and doggone it, those are for future Disney trips for ME!). Obviously there will be no CSP or SW cards to earn sign-up bonuses on until 2019. I needed a quick $500 in travel redemption!

So I ventured (ha..ha ha) over to Cap One's site and filled out the pre-qualify thingy. Lo and behold, up popped the Venture with a 50,000 mile sign-up bonus. Bingo! Applied, auto approved. All of this took about 10 minutes from the time I texted Mom and said, "Give me a minute, let me see if there is anything I can do with credit cards." I texted back letting her know her flights would be free. She was amazed.

I hope the cards are still metal.

I'm back for some more advice. I will be hitting my MS for a couple cards very soon and need to start loooking. I have the CSR,CIP,Chase Hyatt, and 2 southwest cards for my companion pass. My husband has CSR and CIP. I'm really open to suggestions. I have more hay to pay for.

So, you are at 4/24 and your dh is 1/24. You could apply for two cards at once pushing you to 6/24 if you are approved for both. The gaping holes I see in your CC list is a Freedom and Freedom Unlimited. However, neither the Freedom or Freedom Unlimited has a great sign up bonus that is really worth using a 5/24 spot unless there is just nothing else in the Chase line-up you are wanting. Do you have any use of a Marriott or United card? Another thought would be to go for another business card while you are still under 5/24...the Chase Ink Cash or the Southwest Business (bonus still at 60k). The Ink Cash has a $300 cash back bonus which is 30k UR points you can move to your CSR.

So, you are at 4/24 and your dh is 1/24. You could apply for two cards at once pushing you to 6/24 if you are approved for both. The gaping holes I see in your CC list is a Freedom and Freedom Unlimited. However, neither the Freedom or Freedom Unlimited has a great sign up bonus that is really worth using a 5/24 spot unless there is just nothing else in the Chase line-up you are wanting. Do you have any use of a Marriott or United card? Another thought would be to go for another business card while you are still under 5/24...the Chase Ink Cash or the Southwest Business (bonus still at 60k). The Ink Cash has a $300 cash back bonus which is 30k UR points you can move to your CSR.
I have wondered about the freedom cards. Because the Southwest companion pass is so valuable to me, I was thinking that I may need to slow down. I can do one more and then be prepared to try for the Southwest cards again in 2019. I was thinking I may even save the Southwest business card for that time just in case the sign up bonuses aren't very good. I can sign up my husband for others. The Hyatt points seem like they will be good for me because of the stay park fly option. I can get my husband the Hyatt once my next bill posts and I can send referral.
If I get business cards will they count against my 5/24 and affect my SW companion pass for 2019? I don't have much use for united points at this time or Marriott.

I need some advice as to applying for the CIP business card. The only "business" income I have right now is less than $100 from blogging.I have a good history with Chase if that matters. I got the Disney Visa when they first offered it and used that as my primary card for years up until this year. I got the CSP in April and both SW Visas in June. I took out an auto loan with Chase in July and paid it off in Oct. My credit score is 830. If I get denied for this card how badly will that effect my score as I am 3/24 with Chase and am still deciding on a game plan. Do I need a tax ID # to apply?

My suggestion would be to concur with @wendow and go for United or Marriott. Personally, I believe Marriott is best done in 2 player mode and as a keeper card if you can make use of the annual free cat 1-5 night which is a free weeeknd for the cost of the 2 annual fees. Since UR points transfer to United the card is a good way to beef up or get started with UA miles. Card holders will get access to more award availability not accessible to non card holders, you get 2 lounge passes a year and card holders also get a 25% bonus on UA miles earned through the United Mileage X app even if you pay for GCs on the app with a different card. I wouldn't advise using a 5/24 spot for a Freedom card either, but down the line, either you or DH might want to consider downgrading a CSR to the Freedom.

I need some advice as to applying for the CIP business card. The only "business" income I have right now is less than $100 from blogging.I have a good history with Chase if that matters. I got the Disney Visa when they first offered it and used that as my primary card for years up until this year. I got the CSP in April and both SW Visas in June. I took out an auto loan with Chase in July and paid it off in Oct. My credit score is 830. If I get denied for this card how badly will that effect my score as I am 3/24 with Chase and am still deciding on a game plan. Do I need a tax ID # to apply?

I'd go for the card even with $100 business income. You could always throw in additional anticipated business income that may or may not come to fruition from garage sales, Ebay and joining an essential oils MLM from those business you are thinking about doing :rolleyes1

To clarify: will you earn your Companion Pass in 2017 or 2018?

2017 - this month. I know it is not the best time but I came within 60,000 points when the SW Premier was offering it. So I applied to have the pass for 2018.

My suggestion would be to concur with @wendow and go for United or Marriott. Personally, I believe Marriott is best done in 2 player mode and as a keeper card if you can make use of the annual free cat 1-5 night which is a free weeeknd for the cost of the 2 annual fees. Since UR points transfer to United the card is a good way to beef up or get started with UA miles. Card holders will get access to more award availability not accessible to non card holders, you get 2 lounge passes a year and card holders also get a 25% bonus on UA miles earned through the United Mileage X app even if you pay for GCs on the app with a different card. I wouldn't advise using a 5/24 spot for a Freedom card either, but down the line, either you or DH might want to consider downgrading a CSR to the Freedom.
I have a couple questions about the Marriott card. Since my husband is a non-traveler, would he need to be present to use his free night if we did both get the card? Could I transfer his points to my account. I was planning to keep my CSR and PC his later. Which freedom card might be the better choice?

I have a couple questions about the Marriott card. Since my husband is a non-traveler, would he need to be present to use his free night if we did both get the card? Could I transfer his points to my account. I was planning to keep my CSR and PC his later. Which freedom card might be the better choice?

He doesn't need to be with you when you use your free night. You book that online in advance with an e-cert.
The regular Freedom rotates 5x categories, Freedom Unlimited is just flat 1.5 everywhere so just choose the one you would prefer and get more out of - I have a freedom unlimited, husband has the regular - best of both worlds!

Someone else can chime in on the Marriott sharing points question. A lot of programs don't allow this, but some do up to a certain number of points per year. I'm not a Marriott girl, so not sure.

as other pp's have done here..... I came specifically for some advice.... no new cards for quite a while (hey,I've been busy IRL!:rotfl:) but I've been happily using rewards in various combinations for a while now..... as per my previous posts.... between DH and I both have the the CSR(gonna get rid of one soon) I have CSP (still deciding on that one) 3 reg. Freedoms,(gonna try to PC something for a FU) 2 IHG (love those anniversary nights) 2 (no AF) Hiltons,a couple of old (no AF) dis cards (really old) and one Amex BCP acct (love it,so many groceries!) 1 SPG card (not sure what to do with this right now but I love the swolphin) and 2 SWA cards (last Nov-Dec for CP)....... obviously I need to close the swa cards,but I don't want to get flagged for anything. I'd like something new to work on here..... considering the BoA cards (I have a reg. acct at their bank) but haven't studied them yet..... what else should I be looking for? Since I need to fill the oil tank etc etc soon, any travel rewards cards I should be going for that work well with what I already have? (maxed on chase for a while) no business here (and not going thru that phone call again no thanks)
Sorry this is so long but I'm feeling uninspired...... jetblue? one of the Amex cards I don't have? Possible Barclays for the credits? our credit score is :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 so that's not a concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter