• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always seem to have random questions for this board, but everyone's been so helpful!

I have an Etsy offer on my AmEx that I plan to use today before it expires. I noticed that Etsy has an Apple Pay option. If I use Apple Pay with my AmEx, will the offer count? Or do I need to enter my card number directly?

I just realized a couple hours ago that I had met the spend on my Marriott Business card. I was feeling at a bit of a loss for a while. I have been considering the Amex SPG for a while, but really don't think I can meet the $7,000 spend. I'm also honestly not really sure that was a card I REALLY wanted. I would have only applied because it wouldn't affect my 5/24. Then I remembered DH is 2/24:love:. Crazy that this made me so happy. I'm thinking I should get either the CF or CFU and then PC his CSR to the other one when it is time. I would be planning on the 2nd personal SW card for him at some time to get the points. I'm open to any ideas.
I'd check the Chase Pre-qual offers to see if you can get the 30,000 UR offer for Freedom to pop up. From DPs I've seen it's hit or miss though. Obviously if you can't get it you'll need to decide if the regular offer (15,000 URs + 2,500 URs for adding an AU) is worth it. If your husband isn't going to go "crazy" then CF isn't necessarily a bad idea. PLUS if you got it now you could meet the MSR using their 5% category for Q2 (grocery stores is on there!). That means for $500 spend you could earn: 15,000 URs + 2,500 URs for adding an AU (think middle name trick, kid or dog), + 2,500 URs if you do the whole $500 in the bonus category. That's basically $300 if you redeemed them through your CSR for $500 spend! There aren't many 60% returns like that floating around (albeit on a very small spend of $500).

Obviously the pre-qual 30k offer kicks butt even more, but if it's not available to you, you'll have to decide how long you want to wait/keep checking...If you decide to go for the standard offer please consider using a DISchurner link.

So I know a lot of you don't pay the $75 AF for the CSR AU and just use a replacement card ordered off the primary account. My DH is an AU on my CSR. He uses the card a lot when I am not with him, at cafes, for parking, etc. I'm very tempted to get a replacement card for my CSR and cancel his AU. I just want to make sure he isn't going to have an issue using a card with a clearly female name on it for his purchases. Looking for a little reassurance, I guess, but I'd love to save that $75 a year.

So I know a lot of you don't pay the $75 AF for the CSR AU and just use a replacement card ordered off the primary account. My DH is an AU on my CSR. He uses the card a lot when I am not with him, at cafes, for parking, etc. I'm very tempted to get a replacement card for my CSR and cancel his AU. I just want to make sure he isn't going to have an issue using a card with a clearly female name on it for his purchases. Looking for a little reassurance, I guess, but I'd love to save that $75 a year.

I only have a CIP with DH's name on it and use it everywhere. I've never been asked anything about it.

I know @wendow has had a time or two when they asked, and she told them it's her husband's card. I've got an extra card for my DHs account but so far I've mainly used it online or via Samsung pay ..

DH recently PCd his CSR to a Freedom. He is still using the CSR card and I'm using this new Freedom card. I haven't had any issues doing this. In addition, he's used several of my cards in the past before we were churning and my name is fairly obviously female. I don't think it would be an issue. TBH, I haven't encountered many places where anyone asks to see the card.

Hmm I wonder if I wait until MVMCP tickets are available online if I can call Chase and purchase them for 3x on my CIP...

I was referring to them coding 3x through UT. What about buying them through the Chase TA? Is that what you are meaning? I'm so excited about being able to buy tickets that way now! Way cheaper than any other option I can find.

REMINDER: The SPG 35k Business offer expires next week on 3/28/18. If you're on the fence about the card...you probably need to start to finalize that decision, lol!

There's a bunch of people on DISchurners who have links for this offer (FYI I do not) so please support one of them if you go for the offer :)

Most places these days, the cashier does not even see your card. The few times I've actually handed them my CSR with dh's name, they don't even seem to notice.

I was referring to them coding 3x through UT. What about buying them through the Chase TA? Is that what you are meaning? I'm so excited about being able to buy tickets that way now! Way cheaper than any other option I can find.

Misread your post! Yes, that's what I meant. I went to buy Disney gift cards at Target today with some Target gift cards and couldn't get it to go through :( I could've used my Redcard, but I would rather just use whatever card to meet MSR and get some extra points, even if it's only 1x.

DH recently PCd his CSR to a Freedom. He is still using the CSR card and I'm using this new Freedom card. I haven't had any issues doing this. In addition, he's used several of my cards in the past before we were churning and my name is fairly obviously female. I don't think it would be an issue. TBH, I haven't encountered many places where anyone asks to see the card.

This is definitely an option too as that old card continues to work :)

Misread your post! Yes, that's what I meant. I went to buy Disney gift cards at Target today with some Target gift cards and couldn't get it to go through :( I could've used my Redcard, but I would rather just use whatever card to meet MSR and get some extra points, even if it's only 1x.

No worries! I do wonder how just buying the tickets outright from Chase TA would code. We paid for rooms last Sept through a TA and they coded 3x.

Do you have a Sam's club membership?

I know @wendow has had a time or two when they asked, and she told them it's her husband's card. I've got an extra card for my DHs account but so far I've mainly used it online or via Samsung pay ..

No one has ever really asked me...just a situation where I handed them my card and said, 'Carrying my husband's card today!'...I seriously don't even think about it anymore!

A couple of weeks ago, I was still meeting spend on my dh's SPG and I forgot to get the card from him (he'd needed it the day before at the car mechanic) so there I am at the dentist office with a couple hundred dollars in spend. I texted him and he gave me the number, expiration and CCV. I gave the lady at the dentist office all that off a scrap of paper and then told her it was my dh's card. She didn't even bat an eye.

I only have a CIP with DH's name on it and use it everywhere. I've never been asked anything about it.

Most places these days, the cashier does not even see your card. The few times I've actually handed them my CSR with dh's name, they don't even seem to notice.

Thanks so much for the feedback. Now my issue is that I can't order a replacement card online because DH is on there as an AU. I'm kind of chicken to have to speak to someone at Chase and ask for the replacement card and then have to call in again after it is received to get DH off as an AU. Has anyone had to do this to get a replacement card? What reason do you give for needing the replacement? The CSR is a metal card, so it's not like I can say it got bent or cracked or something. I'm wondering if this is even worth the hassle over $75 a year, but I hate spending money that I don't have to.

I always seem to have random questions for this board, but everyone's been so helpful!

I have an Etsy offer on my AmEx that I plan to use today before it expires. I noticed that Etsy has an Apple Pay option. If I use Apple Pay with my AmEx, will the offer count? Or do I need to enter my card number directly?

I don't understand why you would use apple pay and not just pay with your amex. AFIK there's no deal goinf on with amex and apple pay.

I just realized a couple hours ago that I had met the spend on my Marriott Business card. I was feeling at a bit of a loss for a while. I have been considering the Amex SPG for a while, but really don't think I can meet the $7,000 spend. I'm also honestly not really sure that was a card I REALLY wanted. I would have only applied because it wouldn't affect my 5/24. Then I remembered DH is 2/24:love:. Crazy that this made me so happy. I'm thinking I should get either the CF or CFU and then PC his CSR to the other one when it is time. I would be planning on the 2nd personal SW card for him at some time to get the points. I'm open to any ideas.

I agree with others to check for that pre-qualified offer! I love, love, love my CF way above and beyond the CFU. I PC'ed to the CFU a few months ago and it really gets so little use. We've had the CF for 11 years and it is still one of my all-time favorite cards. I don't always max out the categories every quarter but many times, I am able to come close or do so. I maxed out this quarter and will be able to next Q as well. I recommend the CF over the CFU.

Thanks so much for the feedback. Now my issue is that I can't order a replacement card online because DH is on there as an AU. I'm kind of chicken to have to speak to someone at Chase and ask for the replacement card and then have to call in again after it is received to get DH off as an AU. Has anyone had to do this to get a replacement card? What reason do you give for needing the replacement? The CSR is a metal card, so it's not like I can say it got bent or cracked or something. I'm wondering if this is even worth the hassle over $75 a year, but I hate spending money that I don't have to.

I requested the replacement card online. I didn't have to give a reason. I do wonder if you just removed your dh as an AU, would his card continue working? I'd go through SM and ask for him to be removed as an AU'er. I don't call unless I have to!

I just stared using Samsung Pay when CF offered 5x for using it. It does work as you say. I have never had a problem using it anywhere and like it so much I continue to use it even though I am maxed on the 5x. And yes, it does earn points but I have not earned enough to redeem anything yet. Gift cards include Sephora, AMC, Best Buy, Game Stop, and Samsung Visa Rewards cards.

That's a decent selection of gift cards, almost makes me willing to get a Samsung. Everyone I know that has actually used theirs have had it work. Sometimes they get a glitch but it's rare and is usually corrected later. I'm sure one day they'll find the random card reader that doesn't take it but so far so good. Although it's not as many people as I know that have Samsung's. I can't figure out why they spend nearly $1k on a phone and just to text pictures back and forth :sad2:

Us either, I was just going to mention that :) With all the Chip readers now I haven't shown my card to anyone in a while. Even before, though, we'd use each other's cards and no one mentioned it, even though it would pop up on the screen with a obviously-not-our-name name (unless we had crazy parents). I think everyone just assumes its a spouse card, if they pay attention. And worse case I always figured I'd just say it was my husbands and we must have swapped cards by accident (if they really cared).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter