"I Love You"

Not including my DS, I tell my DH every time I talk to him on the phone, every night & every morning that I'm awake, when he leaves. I also tell my sisters, nieces & nephews, when I talk to them on the phone or am separating from them, after a visit.

Nope. I told the guy before last " because I'm in love with you stupid" but not "I love you."
Not including my DS, I tell my DH every time I talk to him on the phone, every night & every morning that I'm awake, when he leaves. I also tell my sisters, nieces & nephews, when I talk to them on the phone or am separating from them, after a visit.

thats a funny word, some of us tell everyone we love, every time we see them, cause its important other just freze up before the word come out, I think rather you say it or not,w e all love many people, rather we say it or not

My parents on Sunday, my husband and kids this morning. My sisters, ex-brother in law and nephews as well as a friend I hadn't seen for 2yrs on Saturday night.

I think rather you say it or not,w e all love many people, rather we say it or not
Oh I totally agree. I honestly wholly believe in actions speak louder than words.

For me, I was thinking about "romantic partners" when I posted this and since there have only been 3 of those in the past 26 years. The first one was short (like 2 months), the next was TOTALLY a FWB type of relationship, the last/most recent was more than FWB but less than a "real" relationship. So therefore none were ever relationships that saying "I love you" was part of it.

thats a funny word, some of us tell everyone we love, every time we see them, cause its important other just freze up before the word come out, I think rather you say it or not,w e all love many people, rather we say it or not
I agree that those words mean different things to different people. I used to only tell my DH & DS, because I think people throw the word around too freely. When my FIL died, it appeared everyone "loved" my MIL, because they all said they did. I guess that's what her friends & close acquaintances do. Not for me to judge, but that's not me. I started telling my sisters, nieces & nephews (& I should add my great nieces & great nephews) I love them, after I lost my parents & sister. I decided I would never lose another person that I truly love, without telling them.

I say it practically every day. To DH in the lovey-dovey sense and to friends and other family members fairly regularly. I almost said it to the pizza delivery lady today when she showed up - I'm painting the house and it was my first decent meal all weekend. :rotfl2:

I agree that those words mean different things to different people. I used to only tell my DH & DS, because I think people throw the word around too freely. When my FIL died, it appeared everyone "loved" my MIL, because they all said they did. I guess that's what her friends & close acquaintances do. Not for me to judge, but that's not me. I started telling my sisters, nieces & nephews (& I should add my great nieces & great nephews) I love them, after I lost my parents & sister. I decided I would never lose another person that I truly love, without telling them.
:confused3 Some of mine say it to me - I have no reason not to believe them.

:confused3 Some of mine say it to me - I have no reason not to believe them.
That's great for you. I think people have different interpretations of love. To me, it means, "I would give you half of my liver, even if I knew there was a very good chance I may not survive the surgery", "I would jump in front of you, without a second thought, if someone had a gun pointed at you", or "I'd lose my home to get you the medical care you need." There are many people who I care deeply about & try to help any way I can, but there are few people that I would sacrifice my life or home for, without a second thought. To me, telling everyone I care about, but wouldn't sacrifice my life or lifestyle for that I love them devalues the word "love". You may be willing to make those sacrifices for your friends or you may have a different interpretation of love. As I said, it's not for me to judge or decide how you should feel about love.

Last edited:
I say it to DH several times a day because that’s how he gets love. Me, I don’t need to say it or hear it constantly. I know he loves me because he doesn’t bug me as soon as I wake up. It’s mostly for his safety

:rotfl::rotfl:
It’s good to understand the emotional needs of your loved ones. All the acts of service in the world won’t totally satisfy a “words of affirmation” person and vice versa. I think a lot of people tend express love the way they prefer to receive it which doesn’t always get the whole job done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter