"I Love You"

Most recent was last night at bedtime. I said it to my three kids and to my husband.

I say it to my husband and kids all the time. I talk to my mom on a regular basis and tell her all the time. Tell my dad too, but I don’t talk to him as often. I have an aunt I am close to and say it to her. I tell my brother and sister in law, and my niece and nephew on a fairly regular basis.

I have been friends with my bestie for over 40 years. When we end phone conversations, she always tells me she loves me. I tell her the same. I still feel awkward saying it to her because she’s not family, but that’s my issue. I do love her. She’s a huge part of my life and has been there for me for all of my highest, and all of my lowest, moments.

I think the words, without the actions to support, are empty. Just saying them doesn’t give you a free pass, like giving you credit for being a good person or something. I hope the way I treat all my loved ones, and what I do for them and with them, always shows how much they mean to me and how much I love them. But I think it’s nice to hear the words. My husband treats me so well and does so many things for me that shows he loves me, but I still like to hear him tell me he loves me. Would I be ok if he never did? Most likely, but it would be an underlying disappointment in the relationship. That’s just me though.

I say it daily to my DH and to my parents when I talk to them. No siblings. As grim as it sounds, you never know when your last time speaking to someone might be so I don't want any regrets. I'd take some solace in knowing our last conversation included "I love you" in it.

My sister, every night. I text her and say "goodnight and I love you," which is what my late Mom always said to us when she called. Then my sister texts me back with the same.
:goodvibes

Dh and I say it to each other regularly - at least twice a day. We tell the kids we love them tons of times. I always tell my best friends I love them at the end of any conversation or get together. I often tell my folks I love them, but not 100% as I’m usually getting off the phone with them to do something for the kids. When I see relatives, etc. I always say it when leaving.
Hopefully they know now more than ever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter