I mean at this point, why is anyone buying direct?

My guess is that it is probably the hardest to sell direct as well.
I mean that's not much of stretch. It's less than half sold still, I think. Almost 13 years later.

Probably didn't help that sales were "suspended" when it opened over the shenanigans.

I'm not sure it will ever sell out, unless they slash the price, which they have done a few times over the years.

Wait - DVC-N cannot even purchase DVC merch? I know they don't get a discount but they should still be able to buy the garb....
Yes we can. I bought the car magnet and the umbrella. IMO the only good merch since I became a member.

I mean, maybe we shouldn't be able to, but we can.

I got the ugly dvc magic band. lol
i'm dvc n with direct points.
just didn't meet the seasonal quantum.

I mean that's not much of stretch. It's less than half sold still, I think. Almost 13 years later.

Probably didn't help that sales were "suspended" when it opened over the shenanigans.

I'm not sure it will ever sell out, unless they slash the price, which they have done a few times over the years.
Very true, but it also has SIGNIFICANTLY more points available than any other resort than SSR (https://*******.com/forum/threads/total-dvc-points-at-each-resort.9877/) and they are probably happy with the cash rates they can get.

I look at the spread between resale and direct (even with incentives) for west coasters who are HI and CA based and I can’t imagine going direct.

That may change with the opening of VDH, if people can buy into AUL at a lower after incentive price and still get into VDH at the 7-month mark.

We shall see.

That may change with the opening of VDH, if people can buy into AUL at a lower after incentive price and still get into VDH at the 7-month mark.
That would be an interesting strategy. Crank up the VDH price and firesale Aulani to try to get rid of the bags they are carrying. I don't see it, but I guess it's possible. DVC pricing surprises everyone, often.

Especially diabolical to do this and just sell off Aulani as a whole.

Last edited:
The way to swap is that you agree to rent a reservation for someone and they agree to rent you one at RIV or future resorts restricted.

So, the only difference the broker is providing is that there is not an exchange of money.

But, you still need to book a trip for the other owner and they you. And the risk is still there as you are essentially a renter.

Now, they could facilitate a transfer but with the one per UY, one owner would be waiting to use the points.

So, this isn’t anything that doesn’t already exist but rather just a chance to have access to more owners.

The thing is that other than RIV resale points, there will a lot more owners who are restricted from the new resorts than their will be resale owners stuck at just one resort or direct owners at those resorts offering points for rent.
Exactly. These swap programs aren't really any different than what people have been doing forever, renting out their points and renting points somewhere else. I just did that for a stay at RIV since my points don't work there.

With the swap you still have all the inflexibility and inconvenience of renting. Certainly not a game changer when it comes to getting around restrictions, IMO. Just a different way to package and market what people already do.

Different people have different dollar limits for the cost of convenience

Ultimately you can stay at Riviera using your resale points and Riviera resale owners are not limited to Riviera

Wait - DVC-N cannot even purchase DVC merch? I know they don't get a discount but they should still be able to buy the garb....
There was one single DVC MagicBand on ShopDisney a few weeks ago that required membership (you needed to be logged in to ShopDisney under your eligible membership), and people were apoplectic. One band, one time, and you could here the wailing and gnashing of teeth on the moon.

Like I've said, some resale buyers go out of their way to take every opportunity to point out just how much they saved over direct, almost wearing it like a badge, and how little any of the meaningless perks mean to them. Right up until that one thing they personally want is taken from them, then Disney is being "petty". I personally own both: 225 direct, and 225 resale.

Last edited:
There was one single DVC MagicBand on ShopDisney a few weeks ago that required membership (you needed to be logged in to ShopDisney under your eligible membership), and people were apoplectic. One band, one time, and you could here the wailing and gnashing of teeth on the moon.

Like I've said, some resale buyers go out of their way to take every opportunity to point out just how much they saved over direct, almost wearing it like a badger, and how little any of the meaningless perks mean to them. Right up until that one thing they personally want is taken from them, then Disney is being "petty". I personally own both: 225 direct, and 225 resale.
They are not mutually exclusive. I’d rather save tens of thousands of dollars than get a specific magic band. However, I can think it’s petty to have a direct only magic band.

There was one single DVC MagicBand on ShopDisney a few weeks ago that required membership (you needed to be logged in to ShopDisney under your eligible membership), and people were apoplectic. One band, one time, and you could here the wailing and gnashing of teeth on the moon
DVC-N could buy. The problem was IT that didn't recognize some people at all. Seems like if there was someone who actually knew what class of DVC you are, it should be Disney IT...

Very true, but it also has SIGNIFICANTLY more points available than any other resort than SSR (https://*******.com/forum/threads/total-dvc-points-at-each-resort.9877/) and they are probably happy with the cash rates they can get.

I look at the spread between resale and direct (even with incentives) for west coasters who are HI and CA based and I can’t imagine going direct.

We shall see.
I'm curious to see how this will play out as well. If I can use Aulani points for VDH, I'll probably buy more Aulani points. If VDH is separate & restricted, than I'll either buy direct or wait to buy VDH resale with restrictions.

They are not mutually exclusive. I’d rather save tens of thousands of dollars than get a specific magic band. However, I can think it’s petty to have a direct only magic band.
No, they aren't. I just find it immensely amusing that the barely hidden subtext of "I saved XX thousand dollars" is "and anyone who buys the same contract direct is an idiot and I don't care about perks". A perk is a perk. Either care about them or don't. You never hear people complaining about $5 AP-only merchandise...

DVC-N could buy. The problem was IT that didn't recognize some people at all. Seems like if there was someone who actually knew what class of DVC you are, it should be Disney IT...
I know they could. Heck, they were selling them in all the resort gift shops. The point was all of the lamenting that ensued.
And to your point about "class": why is it that no one complains about the various discount structures for AP/MK's? I mean, should a Pixie Dust or Imagine Key holder be made to feel second-class, made to pay for parking, and get a smaller discount? Seems unfair, petty even...

Last edited:
I'm curious to see how this will play out as well. If I can use Aulani points for VDH, I'll probably buy more Aulani points. If VDH is separate & restricted, than I'll either buy direct or wait to buy VDH resale with restrictions.

I’m convinced that most direct buyers don’t think they will ever sell, but AUL resale in theory could hold more value because it can be used at most of the WDW resorts. That being said, AUL resale is currently at 40%-50%+ savings over direct pricing with incentives…

I am guessing that most VDH direct will probably just be for VDH and I’m not sure resale will take that big of a hit. RIV has so many other alternative DVC options around it, so you probably “feel” the restrictions more. I’m not sure resale VDH would “feel” the same way given VGC 7-month availability.

Got it.. Yea, in theory, it should be very easy to determine the difference between DVC-Y, DVC-N and no DVC = Null.... But, I've had a big ? for years about Disney tech so I need to stop trying to understand.... It just seems like they do everything the hard way.

Got it.. Yea, in theory, it should be very easy to determine the difference between DVC-Y, DVC-N and no DVC = Null.... But, I've had a big ? for years about Disney tech so I need to stop trying to understand.... It just seems like they do everything the hard way.
They probably have a lot of legacy systems, like a certain Texas based airline….

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter