I received my flower exchange

shep

Let me tell ya about our 2008 trip out west...
Please let me know if you received anything...
We're a small group, but still gotta make sure everyone gets their flowers...
Due date to send out is the 27th, but just in case anyone has received there stuff early...
:)

This is the thread that I used to start the exchange if it looks funny..lol

zones2-10.gif

If interested, send me a PM with your hardiness zone and what you like/dislike...
I guess we're gonna have to keep it to bulbs or something that you can buy at Home Depot/Lowe's or a nursery, that would be easy to send...
Try to send something from your own garden if possible along with what you like about this certain plant.....(if you can't that's fine)...Let's make the deadline for this be March 12th, so that gives you a couple weeks and try to send out by the 26th...

Please send me your hardiness zone #
Name
Address
Likes/Dislikes
any preferences if you need shade or sun plants.....

Please let me know if I am leaving something out..:)

"Don't know if we could do anything with people outside the US "

You're right Shep, maybe we can find a Bud nearby...hmm...let me see, there's TimNDansMom, Sammi....:) We might have to do our own Southern Ontario Swap.

BTW, I think this is a great idea!! :)

I think this sounds great, however, I don't know if I can meet the deadline because I can't locate my garden right now! And more snow is predicted for tomorrow!!! :mad:

Edited to add: Just re-read. I guess I skimmed too quickly the first time through. From our garden is OPTIONAL and "if we can". Got it! Tulirose bops herself on head!

I didn't want to post this on the CB because I figured more people would be serious about it over here...

I wasn't sure when to have the deadlines, but thought it best to have them early to get stuff in the ground for this year..
:)

Just sent you my info. Hope I'm not too late....

Yay..4 so far...:)
This will be a easy exchange to do..:)

Oh BOY!!! OH BOY!!!! OH BOY!!!!!!

I'm the first person to get my exchange!!!! YIPPEEE . THIS IS GREAT. Wonderful Surprise.

Came home to message on answering machine - "Mom, I'm going over Doug's house but can you call me when you get home? I wanna see if my package arrived." (He's ordered an amplifer or something like that).

Yeah, yeah, I go to myself. I'll go check the front door but I know there will be nothing there...the UPS website last night didn't have his package anywhere near NY.

Well, I open the door and low and behold at my feet is this package!!! and it said DIS FLOWER EXCHANGE!!!!

I'm not gonna say who is it from yet, cuz I don't wanna do process of elimination thingie and spoil anyone else's surprise just yet but THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!! I'll be sending you a PM immediately after this.

oops, and I thought we had until Saturday to send out and I planned on doing mine on Friday - my day off but I see now that the 27th is tomorrow! :eek:

So, don't worry if you are a bit late in receiving your exchange, you can figure it is probably coming from the procrastinator - Tulirose! ;)

Thanks again to my DIS Flower Exchange person and to to Shep for this idea!

I'm sorry, I may have put the 28th...:(
27th, 28th?..close enough...:smooth:

AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc I just received my swap! I was so excited to get it, I could hardly open the box!!!!!!

Inside were beautiful Dahlias (my favorite - who knew?;) ), fabulous Lillies, a Craftsman shovel (gotta love that lifetime warranty!), and (best of all) a bit of a Blue Mist shrub that looks like it is from the sender's own backyard! How cool is that???

Thank you so much, Shep....not only for organizing this, but for my beautiful package - it was just too much! Your box just made my day - especially with the gloomy weather we are having lately!

Originally posted by Snowwark
Okay Tulirose, it's time to spill the seeds!! The suspense is killing me...lol..:p :)
Hahahaha!! Spill the seeds! You funny!!

Umm... Hasn't anyone else received anything yet??

Well, I know one person hasn't because I just mailed mine out today. They told me two days to get where it is going. After I left, I realized I didn't include my Dis Name inside but I think you will be able to figure it out easy enough.

Okay - I still won't reveal yet who my exchange person was but I will tell ya what I got.

I got two different types of Dahlias!! I was admiring Dahlias last summer! One is called Mistery Day which is a tall decorative one. The picture has it as a beautiful deep purple with white tips. Gorgeous!

The second one if called Playa Blanca and that is a border type of Dahlia, I'm told. Pretty white and spiky!

AND, in addition, was a neat little book called "Digging in the Dirt" and it gives suggestions on things to do divided by all the months of the year.

I just adore everything I got! I already read the book but it is the type to read over and over. I can't wait to get out there and plant, plant, plant.

So, thank you again Dis Flower Bud Exchange Person you! You are absolutely the best. This really brought some sunshine into my day!

Hope to hear someone else gets something real soon....

Oh Sorcerormickey!!! How wonderful!

I didn't see your post before I posted. I guess I didn't notice the thread went to a second page

I am so happy for you. Dahlias you say...hmmm.... :teeth:

This is fun!!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Wow!!! You guys did great! :) :bounce: :)

Sounds like Christmas, in fact looking outside, it looks a bit like Christmas too! ;)

I can't wait to hear about the next exchange! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter