I think my state’s travel ban is forcing us to cancel....anyone else?

This is true for a lot of people. But from DH and I's perspective, there is no value lost. We are not into characters, we typically don't do the theater shows or evening shows, and we rarely take advantage of EMH. To us, the low park crowds, shortened hours which allows us to sleep in, and not having to be on our phones to make FP+ sounds like a great trip.
Same. Shame it’s during a pandemic.

From Canada, we’re advised against non-essential travel so very big possibility of cancelling for December....

Our Governor just "recommended" we not travel to a few places, FL included. So I'm wondering if that recommendation will change to a mandate...time will tell. We have started thinking of contingencies if we can't go in October 'just in case'.

I can't go anyway but I would not feel comfortable being in Florida personally, regardless of the laws. My in-laws just sold their house there and are fleeing the country. We have a trip planned for August 2021. Hoping things are fine by then but aren't convinced just yet.

I feel like some of the bans are more about keeping the money in the state than anything else.
Seems like local hotels are more expensive now than they were pre pandemic - basically everyone doing staycations because they cant go anywhere

Anyway for those thinking of going - keep an eye on the schedule - I've seen a few rumors of closing the parks 2 days a week at Disney and Universal.
At least Disney could rotate them and have something open every day - that might be more of a challenge fro UNI because people have bought park to park tickets.
Lets not even get into how passholders (especially Disney) are getting raked over the coals

Last night we booked a few nights in December at Universal, in case it ends up we can't go in October. I feel like we are just juggling at this point, which I'm sure many of you can appreciate!

We are fortunate to be able to work from home, and school hasn't started back yet. We went to UO and WDW for 2 weeks. We drove from Texas. We are still voluntarily quarantining for 14 days. We had a great time, but we have been several times and understood the modified experience. We also felt pretty safe. Just cancelled our October HHN trip. We still have a UO and WDW Thanksgiving trip that we plan to do. I think we will still be able to work from home; we have been doing it some for years anyway. Hopefully, our son can do school online if they require him to not return to school for 14 days afterward. That's assuming Texas gets its act together, reduces numbers, and starts in-person school. There are a lot of states/cities with quarantine policies. I was just looking at.

Ughhh, we have 9/6 to 9/10 booked. I want to go but obviously have concerns. We have both UO AP’s and WDW AP’s and I bummed about how much money I have spent on them. We’re also from MA. We’ll probably end up on Cape Cod.

Last edited:
We were supposed to leave this Saturday and my Disney withdrawals are gaining on me day after day 😭 I’ll miss it this year and I held on as long as possible, but it was causing me more stress than anything (coming from NY). Oh well, there’s next year (I hope!)

I alluded to this earlier but the rumor of reduced days it getting more widely reported.
To be clear it is just a rumor - but the people reporting this have been right on many things.
Seems like they will go to a Wed-Sun schedule after labor day - if its true id assume we would hear in the next day or two so people can plan.

I find it hard to believe but I guess it makes sense and they see the numbers coming in

I alluded to this earlier but the rumor of reduced days it getting more widely reported.
To be clear it is just a rumor - but the people reporting this have been right on many things.
Seems like they will go to a Wed-Sun schedule after labor day - if its true id assume we would hear in the next day or two so people can plan.

I find it hard to believe but I guess it makes sense and they see the numbers coming in

Ugh. It is what it is, I guess. We were trying to avoid the weekends for our September trip and are booked for Sunday-Thursday with tickets for Discovery Cove on Monday already purchased. I'm guessing (hoping?) the hotels won't be shut down as well.

Excellent point. I'm thinking we'll add a day to the front end of the trip and Tuesday will just be a rest/pool day. That way we get the same number of days in the parks.

That would work for you and maybe spend some time exploring City Walk on Tuesday.

Ugh. It is what it is, I guess. We were trying to avoid the weekends for our September trip and are booked for Sunday-Thursday with tickets for Discovery Cove on Monday already purchased. I'm guessing (hoping?) the hotels won't be shut down as well.
Id assume the hotels would have to stay open - people would still come in on Tuesday and leave on Monday .
If I was able to go I'd probably do Sunday to Friday type of thing - so it would be yet another disappointment.
If there is any truth to this Id assume they would update us by the 10th - that would be a month in advance - labor day is very late this year (Sept 7th)

Just got back from a 9 day trip at UO. No quarantine from our state (LA) but dh and the kids are doing 14 days anyway since they can be at home. I'm an essential worker so I'm "lucky" enough that those rules never apply to me anyway. My job just wants me at work (and my risk at work is MUCH higher than at UO, by a long, long shot) and the states always exempt us.

Might want to confirm that your jobs are also not exempt if you are required to leave the house.

I really hope the one park open at a time rumor isn't true, what about the Hogwarts express?! I have a Thursday to Sunday trip planned in September and have been anxiously checking park hours constantly

Hi, greetings from France, where, like our Irish neighbor above, we are banned from entering the US until further notice
august trip cancelled (3 weeks universal ...)
I'm so glad UO customer services were very helpful and amazing in helping with our APs

As many people here in Europe, we really don't know when we will be able to return.

So far, we are considering that 2022 will be the earliest we can plan for.
We used to come every year, sometimes several times a year. Taking a break is rough.

I sympathize! I have a trip booked 22-Sep to 9-Oct where I am trying to go to Europa Park & Efteling with visiting Luxembourg & Belgium in between... I'm still holding out hope that we can go but I know realistically we won't be allowed in. I'm hoping both theme parks will allow me to move to next year and not lose the money I already spent.

If we can't go to Europe we will be going to Universal. My sister and I have had COVID already so we aren't worried about getting it again or spreading it to anyone we love when we get back. I'm sure we will isolate for a few days just to be safe but I feel 100% comfortable traveling at this time...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter