I Wish I'd Packed........

cbrfan

DIS Veteran
What item(s) have you found yourself wishing you had with you at WDW, but either forgot to pack it or never thought about bringing it?

A SHARPIE PEN!!!!! No place in the World do they sell them! These are great for autographed caps and shirts!

A curling iron/brush. Don't forget one if you use it. You will never find one to buy on WDW property.

Long underwear!!! We froze our hineys off last Dec./Jan. and could have really used this item!When we asked about buying some we just got laughed at. Not much of a market for long undies in Fla. I guess!! Won't be without them this Christmas though!

My biggie is a prepaid phone card. Those long distance charges from the room phone...YIKES!!:eek:

Medicine! Amodium AD, real asprin, benadryl, robitussin, Q-tips, thermometer, etc. This stuff is toooo expensive to buy it at WDW. Inevitably, someone always get sick when we are there. Anything from allergies acting up to emergency gallbladder surgery. (although, Q-tips wouldn't have help my gallbladder ;))

A stain stick!!! I was never able to get the chocolate ice cream stains out of my kids shirts after they had sat in the suitcase for a week. I ended up throwing them out.

A spoon to use to measure my coffee into the coffee maker, and STIR the coffee! Extra foam coffee cups!:rolleyes: Kept forgetting to get some from the food court!

1) Tiny screwdriver and tiny screw assortment to repair eyeglasses and sunglasses. We found a small repair kit in our WDW resort shop, but it only had one type/size screwdriver which did not fit our screws.

2) Super glue for a variety of problems. Used it most recently to repair my DH's Sperry flip-flops when the soles separated, but paid too much in WDW resort shop. CM's were very helpful in solving the problem, though.

Laundry supplies. I think I'll try the liitle tide block things next summer.

A laundry bag or portable hamper to carry items to and from the laundry room.

A couple rolls of quaters.

Extra film.

Extra pens for autograpghs

A stain remover. I can't tell you how many times that, while in a park, food was spilled on clothing. It was extremely inconvenient to go back to the hotel to do a load of laundry, and how much I wished I had a stain remover with me. Laundry stick, wet wipes, something!

Thanks for a great thread! :)

A heating pad!! I suffer from back pain and tension headaches pretty frequently and a heating pad is the only thing that really helps! I forgot to pack mine last time we went to Disney. I won't make that mistake again!! Having one really helps ease my back pain at the end of the day and lets me sleep better.

My dd's shampoo visor, I remembered her mat for the tub but forgot the visor. She was able to tolerate the water in her face though (thank goodness for tear free shampoo), I used a large towel and rolled it up and held it around her forehead, very awkward but she was ok with it. Won't forget the visor again:)

Last trip we brought lots of meds for us and dd... at 3 am our last nite she started with a cough and I had her med but, oops, forgot a measuring cup, syringe or measuring spoon. Luckily I had a regular teaspoon and was able to "eyeball" the dosage (at 3 am in very dim light)...yikes. Won't forget that again either!

MORE FOOD! I am not a budget person at all. We splurged on everything but after a week of all those expensive meals I found myself wishing I brought more food- especially a box of those uncrustable p b & j sandwiches. My kids gobbled up tons of them and they were spendy! Like i said, I am not frugal at all, but next time I will bring some more edible stuff if we go that long again.

Extra cases for contact lenses. Hard to find if you have to buy more and pricy to boot

Hercamore:pinkbounc

-Binoculars (small size if you have them) for animal kingdom safari viewing !

-if you need to do laundry at your resort, use your small to medium size suitcase that has wheels and a handle to easily ROLL your laundry to the laundry room

-I took a business card and wrote on the back of it phone #s for:dentist, orthodontist,Drs.,auto insurance Co.(we rented a car).

-Bring a current picture of each of your children (this will guarantee that you WON'T end up seperated from your children and you WON'T need the pictures:) )

Ditto on the medicine tip. We packed a gallon size ziplock of any medicine that you hope you won't need at all and hopefully the ziplock bag just never gets opened.

I laughed at the sharpee tip ! My DH took a trip to Walmart and returned with some items PLUS a sharpee and we really did use it ! With 5 refillable mugs it was nice to put names on them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter