Ideas for School journal ?

cgajdzisz

Mouseketeer
We are taking my dd6 out of school in April for our vacation. Her teacher was really great about it when we told her. I offered for my dd to keep a journal of our trip that she can turn in for credit when she gets back. Someone on the boards already suggested that she do the lady bug release at the Poly. Does anyone else have suggestions or things your children have done? I'd really like her to enjoy doing this. Thanks!

I just bought my DS6 & DD4a laminated world map at Border's. It folds up to about the size of a legal envelope. I plan on carrying it in our backpack and then whenver we go to a sit down meal they can ask the waitstaff where they're from. I figure they can write the places down in their little notebooks (which we also carry to occupy them at restaurants) and not only practice their writing but also learn some new countries. They got a talking globe for Xmas so when they get home they can pull out the list and use the globe. We also take his school journal and have him write down his favorite thing he did each day and draw a picture of it. This is a pretty funny activity - they'll spend the whole day at MK and then write something down like "I got to eat as much bacon as I wanted at breakfast!". Kids - go figure;) .

if she needs to make a journal--about the best i've seen is on www.disneydollarless.com. this is an awesome site and the journal actually makes them think about what they are seeing while on vacation. . .check it out!

Last year when we went my DD's 3rd grade teacher made up some great questons about Florida.

We had a great time finding the answers, some we didn't even know for sure.

Examples:
What fruit is grown in Florida that is not found in your state (Michigan for us)

How many miles did you need to go to get to Florida

How many States did you go thru.

What tree is found in Florida that is not found in your State.

State Flower
etc.

She also wrote a little each day on what she did, liked etc.
She asked that we bring back a 1) Menu 2) Map

Denise

HannahG Thanks for that link! I love the journalling pages! I plan to print them out! I also posted a link over on the scrapbooking board! Will make a wonderful homework assignment and a great keepsake! Love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter