If you were considering the Christmas After Hours before pricing came out, are you still going?

If you were considering the Christmas party before pricing came out, are you still going?

• Still going

Votes: 110 33.1%
  • Was going to, but have changed my mind

Votes: 182 54.8%
  • On the fence / Wait and see

Votes: 40 12.0%

• Total voters
At 1st I thought sheesh Dec 2019 we did mvmcp and the Tony’s party with food and adult beverages . We had parades, night shows etc too. All of that for about the same price.

So why did I buy? It’s me and dd26. These last few trips without FP have been annoying! One night to actually ride rides again will be a treat, The “get there for rope drop stress” mixed with crowds in the evening so bad you can’t see HEA has made this add on worth it . THIS TIME.

Last edited:
I have a set budget for my trips. If I go to this AH, my spending in other areas will be decreased in proportion - dining and souvenirs most likely. I’ve already downgraded my resort from BWI to WL to compensate for lack of discounts. (First world problem, I know). Maybe that makes me more profitable to Disney. Definitley does in the short run, but maybe not in the long run.

I have two Platinum AP vouchers in my name (both purchased back when they were $849), so I have some time to decide if the “New Di$ney” warrants more trips at the current pricing and benefits. Time will tell. If I don’t come back, then neither do the people who come with me and spend their money. I’m the planner and I will plan something else. It’s a big fun world out there.

Same here. I will just cut back on TS and not do a couple of Signatures. I have a budget for meals so I'm being pretty good sticking to it the last couple of trips. I'm also a DVC member so that saves us quite a bit and with having DVC, I have rented out some of my points so that I have some extra cash for our trip but I still do have a budget to stick to.

Bottom line...I feel the event isn't worth the price. Parade, meh, shorter lines and less people sounds good but will it be? I'd just rather spend those dollars on the anticipated cost of "Genie". But that's just me.

No because it would be just so stressful about making sure we got our money’s worth and that everyone was having a great time because who wants to blow all that money and something goes wrong. With kids you especially never know when they decide to go crazy and I don’t want to have to pay 1000 + and then I feel so much prefer to make it the best night ever!!!

"Was going to, but changed my mind" is pulling away.

I just looked at the park reservation calendar and all, but one, of my dates are now MK / HS full. That makes the decision even harder for us.

I still think I'm going to hold off and see if FP info comes out / hear about how Deluxe hours are received. If it books up before then, well my decision was made for me.

I am still going hopefully. I bought the ticket after being on hold for over 90 minutes. Then an hour later recieved a text that I got a job that I interviewed with yesterday so not sure I can still go, I did ask when buying the ticket that if I needed to I could change it to a park ticket for a later date. It probably will be two tickets lol. But I have never been to the Christmas party and I have been to the Halloween one many times so I wanted to see something new.

I am still going hopefully. I bought the ticket after being on hold for over 90 minutes. Then an hour later recieved a text that I got a job that I interviewed with yesterday so not sure I can still go, I did ask when buying the ticket that if I needed to I could change it to a park ticket for a later date. It probably will be two tickets lol. But I have never been to the Christmas party and I have been to the Halloween one many times so I wanted to see something new.

The Christmas parade is hands-down the best thing that Disney world does during the holidays the snow I Main Street the music the marching soldiers it truly is a magical experience.

So I do hope you enjoy your first time going the only thing you’re missing out from the standard Christmas party is the stage shows and the character meets and l a longer time in the park!

PS I hope you get the job!

DH and I were planning on going, but $445 with tax for the two of us is just wayyyyyy too much. That's double what we paid for the both of us for DL's Halloween Party in 2018. I don't remember how much we paid for MNSSHP in 2017, but we ended up switching to DL that year due to the hurricane hitting when we were supposed to land so we got a refund anyways, but it definitely wasn't $209/pp.

Anyways, we're gonna skip the party which is extremely disappointing because it was one of the main reasons we were gonna go in November as we've never been during Christmas time and we've always had fun at MNSSHP so it'd be nice to try the Christmas party! We can afford to do it, but we'd rather not spend that much. We would've been ok with like $150/pp, but not $209/pp. My mother offered to pay for our tickets as a Christmas gift, but I'd feel very guilty so I told her no. We're going with one of DH's friends and he still plans on going to the party because it's on his bucket list and he's fine with paying the higher price for lower wait times. We're either going to now do a 5 day ticket since the party was supposed to be our second MK day or we'll just use that day to resort hop (if it's allowed by the time we're there) because we planned on looking at all the Christmas decorations before heading to the party.

Yes, but I let go of one day's ticket. I'm staying deluxe, but I'm not there on a Monday or Wednesday, so no access to extra hours. As @Chickinvic says, it's more to visit MK for rides with low crowds - especially right now - than for the party stuff, though I'm sure I'll do my part of eating snacks.
How did you let go of one day’s ticket? Did Disney allow you to change your ticket from (just for example) 5 days to 4 days?

We were planning on it before the prices came out, and I bought tickets this morning. So we are still going. Christmas is my favorite time at Disney, and we were supposed to go in 2019 (postponed due to cancer diagnosis - I have been cancer free now since Jan 2020), so we are living it up this trip.
You live it up! You beyond deserve it! ❤️

Big fat nope. Was going to go if it were 150-180, but not at the price they want for our Dec dates. I always vote with my wallet and don't see any value here at all - especially because I don't believe WDW will do the right thing and limit capacity as much as they should. They're just too greedy.

Universal's getting all my money this year. :santa: I traded a 4-hour, 1 park entry for 3 days/2 nights at a deluxe UO hotel w/unlimited express pass for 3 days for the same $ spend. No contest.
Disney is pushing us more towards Universal. We love Disney (bought into DVC this year), but Disney’s latest actions are making Universal such a better value. We just went to Universal in May again right before our annual passes expired, and I’m starting to regret choosing Disney for Thanksgiving and buying DVC, only somewhat. I know we will continue to go to Disney, but it will be less frequently. I feel like I get what I pay for at Universal, not so much at Disney anymore. I can afford it, but I find it less enjoyable when I feeling like Disney is ripping me off. Ugh.

Yes, I just went into MDE and hit “change reservation” - then decreased my multiday ticket by a day.
Are your tickets part of a hotel and tickets package? Our tickets were bought separately because we are DVC. MDE is not allowing me to reduce the days, only increase them.

I also want to keep an eye on the review of the Boo Bash. I never trust the first reviews when all the vloggers go because it is not hard for me to imagine Disney making the capacity different on that night then others. Overall wait times in the parks are low this week so I am not trusting the reviews of the parties this week either. On the Boo Bash thread someone said they were able to buy a ticket the same day for a sold out party. Are the low ride wait times going to continue when we get to the October parties? And is Disney selling the same capacity for the Christmas party as the Boo Bash? All questions there aren't real answers to but it hard to pay almost $500 for our dates with so many unanswered questions.

We are going twice during our stay…once to do rides and once to see parade, fireworks and decorations. So excited!

On the fence. I went to MVMCP for 1st time in 2019 and LOVED it, how did I never go before!? :santa: which is why I keep going back and forth on it. What annoys me is that the After Hours they're offering this year is double the price of what I paid in '19 for when I want to go (Dec.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter