If you were considering the Christmas After Hours before pricing came out, are you still going?

If you were considering the Christmas party before pricing came out, are you still going?

• Still going

Votes: 110 33.1%
  • Was going to, but have changed my mind

Votes: 182 54.8%
  • On the fence / Wait and see

Votes: 40 12.0%

• Total voters
I bought tickets for DH and me for our November adults-only trip. We are night owls, and I would much rather be in the parks late than early. It will have been almost two years since we were there last, so I figure we're still coming out ahead financially. :thumbsup2

Hopefully this is the case with everyone who decides to go this route and drop a day. It will be a huge failure on Disney's part. One less day at a resort, parks and merchandise revenue. Congrats Disney! Would be great if nobody goes and show Disney who really needs who in this world.
It's just going to free up a day for someone else to spend. There's a lot of DIsney demand right now. That could always change at some point - but not right now!

When I've gotten a new job and already have a trip planned I just tell them about that right then (like before I start). It has never been an issue whatsoever. Good luck!
Thanks! When she called me with the training information and everything, I told her about it and she said that should be no problem since November is outside of my training. They just don't want me to miss any training.

This trip is our first time during the holidays. Was hoping to do the after hours party, but for 4 hours at that price point, we will be passing.

:(

I had planned to get tickets for my daughter and her beau for the party, as we're doing a Universal vacation but he's never been to WDW. But that price point is ridiculous, IMO. Even the beginning of December is over $200 - Nope.

We'll be in Orlando for Thanksgiving, so that will be our parks experience. Awfully pricey, but it is an hour longer than the Boo Bash, and I hope it'll be like original After Hours. But a bunch of money, to be sure.

We'll be in Orlando for Thanksgiving, so that will be our parks experience. Awfully pricey, but it is an hour longer than the Boo Bash, and I hope it'll be like original After Hours. But a bunch of money, to be sure.
We'll be there that week too. I'd love it if tickets were still available to purchase day of. That way we could determine, based on day crowds, if it's necessary to have extra hours to hit the rides we want.

Slim chance of that happening though.

The whole reason we decided to go in December was to experience the Christmas party. The price was hard to swallow for my family of 6 but part of me figures the prices will stay high so we may as well go now while my youngest still thinks everything is magical. We'll just cut out the character meals we had planned and probably even some other TS plans we were going to make.

Ha. I was able to change my resort reservation from WL King Bed to a Copper Creek Studio Villa, which saves me $100 a night. That will pay for my DVMAH, Genie+, and some paid Lightning Lanes, with a little left over. Same resort, same building, still getting Deluxe Extended Hours, and will probably get my trash taken out more often.

What do we says when Disney tries to wring more money from us?

No. I'd rather pay for a dining experience than the party. The price is ridiculous.

Is anyone with kids concerned about the late hours of the party?

My kids are 11 and 13 and they won't have a problem. We are going on the 19th of December. We are staying at the CCV cabins for a few days and have no other plans that day or the day after so we can sleep in. They tend to be nightowls like ne anyways. I have not been at WDW at Christmas since 1980 when I turned 9 there on our first family trip to FL. I will turn 50 there this year. It will be our first trip to our home resort (CCV) as new DVC members and the trip I've been planning in my head for years. So we are definitely splurging. Yes the cost is a little ridiculous but I can afford it so we are going for it! Won't probably ever happen again.

i'm going to be there the beginning of dec. it'll be my first time during a holiday as my family usually goes in spring. its also mine and my husbands 5th wedding anniversary so even though the price is a little high, we are still doing it as we aren't sure when we will be back down around christmas again. we just bought into DVC in may and have the next 3 trips planned, one in dec, april 2022 and jan 2023 and already thinking about sept 2024 to experience halloween. so for us it was worth it. had we had kids we probably would have skipped it.

Last edited:
This trip is our first time during the holidays. Was hoping to do the after hours party, but for 4 hours at that price point, we will be passing.

:(

I can get more done in 4 hours during an after hours event and with no frustrating long lines than I can on a regular day. Plus, you get entry 2 hours before the event begins so really 6 hours.

We are going during Thanksgiving week. We are doing the OI Meetup and 2 of the after hours parties. I am confident we can use those times to accomplish the rides we want and will feel better about the lower crowds during a pandemic. This allowed us to buy less day tickets, we're not adding park hoppers, and we're canceling the additional night's stay that I had added a couple of months ago. Canceling that night at a deluxe and not adding the park hoppers we planned on saves us more money than the cost of the second party I booked. (We had always planned to do one.) I understand people feeling like the price is too high, but I get more value from after hours parties than I do holiday parties (we want the short lines, not so much the special entertainment), and the value of avoiding crowds is even greater for me this year.

Like the option, there are still a lot of factors before we decide to go. The cost definately put a damper on it and if the deluxe hours work out I just can't justify spending the dollars. Hoping some of the tours open up. Even an after hours at the studios would be welcome.because u til all the shows return there we find it to be the hardest park

I can get more done in 4 hours during an after hours event and with no frustrating long lines than I can on a regular day. Plus, you get entry 2 hours before the event begins so really 6 hours.

Cool, but we might not "park" like you do. If I was going on my own, I'd definitely do this. However budget wise, this is not a good choice for my family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter