If your work said to you, you need a few days off

we will give you an all expense trip for 3 days where ever you want to go, but you have to go alone, where would it be ?

I think London, never been anywhere in Europe, Im sure there is a lot to do, and I think I could have fun there by myself

DW and I were going to spend 10 days in London last May to celebrate our 30th anniversary. We'd researched for months and had a great trip planned, but I was in an accident last April so we had to cancel. I can't wait to go back, but we both want to be sure I can handle it. I'm about 90% back and just spent 2 very active days at WDW (24,000 steps in EP last Thursday!) and handled it fine, so I think we can start looking at it again. 3 days? Yeah, I think I'd look at London, too.

If you've never been to Europe, you might want to look at a river cruise. It's a fairly easy way to see a good part of Europe for a 1st visit, and more active than you might think. We did a Rhine cruise in 2017 and it was awesome.

I think London, never been anywhere in Europe, Im sure there is a lot to do, and I think I could have fun there by myself

I have gone to London solo for a week and there was plenty to keep me busy. Three days would be barely enough time to hit the highlights, and you would be very tired when you got home.

I guess it depends on what the objective of the trip is where I would go. If the intention was to relax and de-stress myself, I would probably head to the Smokies. The mountains are very relaxing for me, and a cabin on a stream would be great. If it was supposed to be an energizing kind of trip, then a big city like NY or LA would fit the bill better. I have been to DC for a week, and didn’t get to see half of what I wanted to, so three days there would probably be stressful for me.

I would be beefing up my resume, wondering why my employer said, "You need a few days off." :)

No seriously, I would take fly to an island and stay at an all-inclusive resort. I'd miss the family, but hey, who can pass up a free trip?

If my job said I needed a "few days off" and they would pay I'm assuming I would be heading to a Rehab place or something like that!! :rotfl:

I'd probably go with Washington D.C. if I had to be alone. It would be fun to be able to look around the museums at my own pace and spend 3 days just visiting the things that interested me.

I'm in Washington, DC. Nothing here is at your own pace. Traffic is miserable on a good day, unbearable on a bad day. Right now with the cherry blossoms, there are school kids and tourists everywhere. They apparently need a picture of everything and must have excellent health care since they're not afraid to walk out into traffic. They rent bikes, scooters, and segways - none of which merge well with cars or pedestrians.

Normally I would want to go to a beach, but if my wife can't be there with me, I don't want to go. I would pick a small cabin in the woods near a lake. I would like there to be fish in the lake, but my only requirement is that cell phone reception be 100% unavailable. I would pack a toothbrush, one change of socks, beer, and cigars.

I'm in Washington, DC. Nothing here is at your own pace. Traffic is miserable on a good day, unbearable on a bad day. Right now with the cherry blossoms, there are school kids and tourists everywhere. They apparently need a picture of everything and must have excellent health care since they're not afraid to walk out into traffic. They rent bikes, scooters, and segways - none of which merge well with cars or pedestrians.

Normally I would want to go to a beach, but if my wife can't be there with me, I don't want to go. I would pick a small cabin in the woods near a lake. I would like there to be fish in the lake, but my only requirement is that cell phone reception be 100% unavailable. I would pack a toothbrush, one change of socks, beer, and cigars.
They'd have to pay me big money to go there during the cherry blossom season. I'd pick to go when things a bit slower and use Uber and the metro to get around. Most of the things I'd want to do are right at the mall anyway so getting around wouldn't be a problem. It's been years since I've been there, and the last time I was with people who really didn't want to be there, so going alone and actually getting to do things at my leisure is on my bucket list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter