Iger is back and Chapek is out...

Good riddance to Chapek! He seemed intent on ruining the parks and resort experiences. I hope Mr. Iberia can turn it around.

Considering the parks division has been easily, the most profitable, I wouldn’t hold my breath for any major reversions but perhaps he can stem the tide of some of more negative changes. Make no mistake that this is primarily in relation to the non-park segments of Disney, which they have been a lot of issues with under his control.
I wonder if there was some huge disagreement over the Global Dream purchase. It seems like a random sudden move. Unless its just stemming from the stock dropping lately.

Dont let the door hit you on the way out, Bob Chapek. Hell YES! This is fantastic news! I can see the Disney Magic returning once again!

I'm not too optimistic that things will drastically change as Iger was equally responsible for the negative changes in the parks but I'll wait and see what happens. I do think this is a step in the right direction. Chapek needed to go.
From a park perspective, I can't imagine much will change. He is only coming in for 2 years apparently and Parks are doing very well currently.

Huh? After the petition to get rid of him and his obvious lack of popularity the board renewed his contract....only to have him step down now? Was it the last qtr's earnings that was the last straw? So many questions, but thrilled that he is gone. Feeling better about our AP renewals this month. 😁

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

From a park perspective, I can't imagine much will change. He is only coming in for 2 years apparently and Parks are doing very well currently.
That's what I think too. I'm happy about the news too but I'm not expecting drastic changes. Iger was the one that helped create Genie+ before Chapek took over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter